Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

heated steering wheel - do I have one?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 06:23 PM
2012cayenne is infamous around these parts
heated steering wheel - do I have one?

I have the multi-function steering wheel and I thought it was heated? If so, how do I turn it on?

Old 12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
There will be a button on the back at the bottom of the steering wheel, not all multi function wheels come heated, like everything else with Porsche it's a seperate option

Old 12-03-2011, 06:26 PM
DanK is infamous around these parts
there's a button behind the wheel in the 6 o'clock position. the display in your dash will tell you when it gets turned on/off.

mine doesn't seem to get very warm, but was told that was normal...

Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 PM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
Just beat you, ha!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:42 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Yeah it's a crazy design. I had no idea I had it till one day I was messing around and air guitaring and during my bad *** Van Halen solo I felt this square button behind my wheel. I pushed it and then noticed the display indication "Heated steering wheel on".

As others have said, it just warms the wheel, doesn't make it hot like some other cars I have had do.

Old 12-03-2011, 06:49 PM
2012cayenne is infamous around these parts
You guys rock! I never would have found it!!!

Thanks

Old 12-04-2011, 08:24 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Mine makes it very hot. In fact, I usually turn it off after 5 minutes because the wheel gets uncomfortable to hold. First car with it and makes a big difference on cold mornings.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DanK
there's a button behind the wheel in the 6 o'clock position. the display in your dash will tell you when it gets turned on/off.

Mine gets VERY warm borderline hot. Not something I could drive around with all the time I'd get sweaty hands.
Just for the initial cold warm up.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Bamamarcus is infamous around these parts
Dealer said my '13 platinum v6 panny didn't come with a heated steering wheel, no mention of it on the options list but thanks to this thread i found it and it's awesome. I think porsche's laundry list of options is getting close to preventing anyone from knowing what's really on the car.

Originally Posted by Jace
Mine gets VERY warm borderline hot. Not something I could drive around with all the time I'd get sweaty hands.
Just for the initial cold warm up.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Another one they hide well is the headlight washer switch. It's on the underside of the wiper stalk, visibility blocked by the steering wheel. I have to feel around under there to find it. The washers only work when both the headlights AND the wipers are on at the same time. I think the car has to actually be at speed as well. The wipers then have to make 10 passes, before the headlights get a healthy squirt.

//greg//

Old 12-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Ken Brookings is infamous around these parts

For what its worth, mine gets VERY hot.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:46 PM
kosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nicekosmo69 is just really nice

you must not have checked the "Hot" option.

Old 12-31-2012, 03:09 PM
LaicepsYdobon is infamous around these parts
I opted to have wood on my steering wheel and wood part heats up much more then the leather part. The wood part gets so hot that it becomes uncomfortable for my hands and I have to turn the heater off after about 5 minutes. If I leave the heater on and only handle the leather part of the steering wheel my hands start to sweat. But I love the heated steering wheel so much that I'd miss it if I didn't have it in the winter.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 2012cayenne
You guys rock! I never would have found it!!!

Thanks
While you're at it, look down under the front of the front seats (I have the 18 way) for a little handle that drops down revealing a little drawer. When I found that I was surprised too. I keep my glasses in there and the other side I use for other "stuff".

Old 01-01-2013, 09:07 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grohgreg
Another one they hide well is the headlight washer switch. It's on the underside of the wiper stalk, visibility blocked by the steering wheel. I have to feel around under there to find it. The washers only work when both the headlights AND the wipers are on at the same time. I think the car has to actually be at speed as well. The wipers then have to make 10 passes, before the headlights get a healthy squirt.

//greg//
Thanks for that! Would have never know that one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: heated steering wheel - do I have one?