Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cleaning Tips for Sand Beige interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 02:30 AM
cayennehk is infamous around these parts
Cleaning Tips for Sand Beige interior

I just got my Sand Beige interior Cayenne for less than a month and the driver seat already started to show some stain (from the jeans and color pants). May I know if there are some good cleaning tips for them?

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Davykurniadi is infamous around these parts
It happened to my Umber-Creme interior (seat is creme so it's almost white in reality). I cleaned it with Zymol Leather Cleaner liquid using a microfiber cloth (I used Zymol blue microfiber cloth). It took multiple applications and a bit of work. Finish with Zymol leather conditioner. Clean mine completely

Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 PM
TechWizard is infamous around these parts
Same results with Zymol leather Cleaner. Almost any quality leather cleaner will do. Stay on it and clean regularly. Don't let the jean stain sit for weeks on end.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If you haven't used it before, it looks like a sponge. Wet it, squeeze out most of the water, and wipe it over the blue stain. Much faster and less rubbing than the leather cleaners. I use it on a regular basis on both my Panamera TT and Cayenne S for blue jean stains. It also works great on heel scuffs and marks on walls.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
wa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of lightwa1l1in is a glorious beacon of light
whatever u do dont keep scrubbing, the coating on the leather came off in my vehicle.... if its full leather than its analine and wont. if not full leather its embossed and can/will come off...

belts are the worst as they stain it far worse than jeans

Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I use leatherique. Go to their website and order prestine clean.
If you mention my name, Jason, you might actually get a small discount, I've now spent almost a thousand dollars ordering for my cars and leather color matched dyes, and aircraft company.
Let them know I'm the one with the cream cayenne.
Might be of some help.

Cleaning weekly will keep it looking brand new.
My cream leather has 12,000 miles on it and looks BRaND new!

Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
I have the 18 way seats in black...and like a good leather jacket they have no apparent wear..just a crease or two and i never have cleaned them in the 6000 miles I have driven
Though i will order some Leatherique to give them their first rubdown
Ps:the bolsters fit me like a gloveand I am more amazed every day by how faultless my pepper is. and drives.and trust me,I have NOT been gentle with it...love love love those pccb's
I made inquiry on the Leatherique last night in preparation for my new 958 and had a nice response this morning. Be careful of cheap jeans and I read NOT to use those erasers. Additionally, there is another good site at:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Leather-C27/

Hi Norman;
Congratulations! It surely is the time to buy with the historically low interest rates. Unless the surface color does wear, you won't need dye. please pick up extra samples of all the leather colors from the dealer if you do need touch up dye, so we can match to your samples.

I would suggest the basics of Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean. Our Rejuvenator is a protein collagen complex that you'll massage onto the hides twice a year to keep them nourished and plump as new. With each dusting use Prestine Clean on a soft cloth to clean and lightly condition. If you wear alot of jeans, chinos, or course fabrics I would suggest a small Klear Kote for the high wear bolster to keep it protected. We've had quite a bit of problem with dye transfer from the cheaper denims from china transfering indigo dye onto light leather. This permanent transfer is augmented by heated seats.

Keep us apprised if you have any specific questions. We have our sets of Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean on sale for $40, you save $18 on the set.

We look forward to assisting you,
Regards,
George
www.Leatherique.com

Last edited by nhirsch; 02-09-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:09 AM
cayennehk is infamous around these parts
I finally tried out the Zymol leather cleaner and it clean up the stain very well. Thanks again for all your advices.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
I use leatherique. Go to their website and order prestine clean.
If you mention my name, Jason, you might actually get a small discount, I've now spent almost a thousand dollars ordering for my cars and leather color matched dyes, and aircraft company.
Let them know I'm the one with the cream cayenne.
Might be of some help.

Cleaning weekly will keep it looking brand new.
My cream leather has 12,000 miles on it and looks BRaND new!
Word. Leatherique rejuvenator actually "disappeared" a small abrasion in my driver's seat. Awesome product.

Old 04-12-2012, 12:13 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Be careful of the colored microfiber applicator. We purchased a Leatherique Kit online that had blue applicators in it and upon applying the cleaner with the blue applicator, the blue leaked out. We created a video of how it leaked and sent it to the online seller and they refunded us some money and apologized.

Last edited by nhirsch; 04-12-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
tomFordtOronto is infamous around these parts
Make sure when you are using Mr.Clean Magic Eraser that you don't rub too hard because it contains a tiny little % of bleach in there, it might whiten it a bit too much