Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

winter wheels, OZ, vs Porsche Spyder/sport design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 05:31 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Artkos, can I get a full profile shot of you CTT, so I can see the wheels in perspective.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
arktos is infamous around these parts
The color is off because the sun was setting. Hope this helps.

Attached Images  

Last edited by arktos; 12-06-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
They both look great. I've got the five spoke in graphite.

Not a bad choice here.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
SeaG9 is infamous around these parts
Those OZ wheels look fantastic guys. I'm considering the 20" Canyons with 275/45s as my year-rounders (already have 18" with Blizzaks for the snow). But I can't decide if the Graphite or Silver Canyons will look better on my 2005 Crystal Silver CS. Anyone have the lighter silver OZ Canyons they can post a photo of?

Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
how much did those canyon's run you in price? I do like those better than the ones I ordered, unless they are twice the price
these are my winter wheels and I don't really care that much about them....

nvm I saw them on tire rack for about $100 more per wheel.

very nice set.

debating switching.... i have until tomorrow to decide....

Such dilemas....

O.Z. Canyon ST
Finish: Matte Graphite Silver
or
O.Z. Superturismo Dakar
Finish: Bright Silver Paint

After this quote from Damon at TireRack I chose the Superturismo.

"Both are 1 piece low pressure cast, heat treated, and have the same load rating at 2094 lbs. each. While I have never had a Canyon bend on me, I suspect the ST wheels will be a bot stronger due to the increased number of spokes. The big difference is weight - The ST wheel is 32 lbs. each. The 22" Canyons are 45 lbs each. You would feel that difference along with a heavier 22" tire attached to it.

I's stay with what you ordered from a performance standpoint"

Last edited by Jace; 12-08-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: wheel specifics
Old 12-08-2011, 12:13 PM
arktos is infamous around these parts
I paid 449 but they have them on sale for 399 on tire rack. They hold up pretty well in NYC potholes.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:45 AM
George718 is infamous around these parts
I'm a bit confused. In order for you to compare the weight of the 2 OZ wheels shouldn't they be the same diameter?? The 20" Canyons are only 34 lbs..
Originally Posted by Jace
how much did those canyon's run you in price? I do like those better than the ones I ordered, unless they are twice the price
these are my winter wheels and I don't really care that much about them....

nvm I saw them on tire rack for about $100 more per wheel.

very nice set.

debating switching.... i have until tomorrow to decide....

Such dilemas....

O.Z. Canyon ST
Finish: Matte Graphite Silver
or
O.Z. Superturismo Dakar
Finish: Bright Silver Paint

After this quote from Damon at TireRack I chose the Superturismo.

"Both are 1 piece low pressure cast, heat treated, and have the same load rating at 2094 lbs. each. While I have never had a Canyon bend on me, I suspect the ST wheels will be a bot stronger due to the increased number of spokes. The big difference is weight - The ST wheel is 32 lbs. each. The 22" Canyons are 45 lbs each. You would feel that difference along with a heavier 22" tire attached to it.

I's stay with what you ordered from a performance standpoint"

Old 12-09-2011, 07:17 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
imcarnuts,

Can you post some side profile pics of your Cayenne? I am thinking about ditching my SportDesigns. I am just not in love with them after having had the Turbo IIs on.

J

Old 12-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by George718
I'm a bit confused. In order for you to compare the weight of the 2 OZ wheels shouldn't they be the same diameter?? The 20" Canyons are only 34 lbs..
It was a direct quote from Damon at tire rack. I think it was a mistype. Both compared are 20 inch wheels.

I ordered the superturizmo dakar's and they should arrive Wednesday.
I'll post picks after the install.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:34 PM
George718 is infamous around these parts
Actualy the 22" wheels weigh 45 lbs. . Both styles of the 20" are whithin a pound of eachother. Just wanted to clarify. Good luck with your wheels. Looking forward to pics!! I'm thinking about the 20" Canyons myself on my meteor grey CS.
It was a direct quote from Damon at tire rack. I think it was a mistype. Both compared are 20 inch wheels.

I ordered the superturizmo dakar's and they should arrive Wednesday.
I'll post picks after the install.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:50 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Jace, OZ alleggeritas (matte graphite silver finish) have performed in a flawless fashion for the past two winter seasons on my C4s. They have seen over 6k miles of ice, snow, sleet, frost and rain and have been driven over mountain passes every week in the winter months. Finish is still spotless. Here is the thread that has some pics.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235639&referrerid=0

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 12-16-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks friend.
I ordered and received the OZ wheels. Just sitting in the garage for my schedule to clear to I can get them installed. I debate swapping them out myself in my garage for a fun task.....
Shouldn't be too hard.... Grrrrr huge ceramics...

Old 01-28-2012, 02:47 PM
2012cayenne is infamous around these parts
Thanks friend.
I ordered and received the OZ wheels. Just sitting in the garage for my schedule to clear to I can get them installed. I debate swapping them out myself in my garage for a fun task.....
Shouldn't be too hard.... Grrrrr huge ceramics...
So where are the pics? Have you driven them in the snow yet?

Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Speaking of Wheel weight, anyone know the weights of the Porsche OEM wheel options?

Old 02-03-2012, 09:50 AM
sorry guys for the delay with the pictures, lately my Real Estate with Sotheby's has BEEN SWAMPED!!!!

here are some pics of the new wheels and tires.. BTW, THEY ARE AMAZING IN THE SNOW!!!!!
AMAZING!!!!!

sorry for the dirty car. busy and bad weather lately with snow. today we got 15 inches so far and it's still snowing.

gotta love BOULDER COLORADO.

Attached Images     

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: winter wheels, OZ, vs Porsche Spyder/sport design