Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

winter wheels, OZ, vs Porsche Spyder/sport design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM
ikegram is infamous around these parts
Follow up regarding OZ Wheel Durability

arktos,
After nearly a year since your last post, I was curious as to how your OZ wheels were holding up on those tough NYC roads. Also what 20" tires are you running with those...thanks

Old 09-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
They are F1 team approved (the manufacturer, not specific wheels). They have to be good.

Are they light though? I never had experience with OZ wheels. Looks pretty good though!

Old 09-19-2012, 04:16 PM
arktos is infamous around these parts
ikegram,

The OZ's are holding up well, not an dent on them. I'm running Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow. Pretty good grip in the snow even though we had a weak winter last year. They are pretty heavy but can take a beating if you accidentally hit potholes. I'm overall happy with them for the price.

Old 09-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
My 2012 CTT w/ ceramics came with RS Spyder wheels and all-season tires - wasn't too happy about the all-season tires but I will run them through the winter and eventually replace them with the Scorpion Snow & Ice Pirelli's (great tire). Recently purchased a set of 21 Cayenne Sport wheels (originally introduced on the 2009 GTS?) with Michelin Latitude Sport tires (another great tire) for my summer tires.

Porsche dealers have or are about to come out with a winter tire special - wheels, tires and TPM sensors at very good pricing - I've seen the pricing and it's better than I expected from Porsche. For example, they'll sell you a full package with RS Spyder wheels for less than what the list price of the wheels are! Apparently PCNA assembles the tire packages complete and ships them to the dealers - a good deal if you want to stay with Porsche.

I can also recommend Wheel Enhancement as a source for new Porsche wheels, reconditioned Porsche wheels as well as third party wheels. These are very knowledgeable people (I have dealt with David Martin at (310) 836-8908) who can do wheels packages including the TPM sensors. Please note that you should buy TPM sensors based on the year of your car, all sensors will not work on all cars - I believe Porsche went to a new sensor in the 2011 model year.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:05 AM
ikegram is infamous around these parts
OZ Wheels / Extended Arch Photo Request

arktos,

Had another request. Could you please take a photo from both the front and rear of your Cayenne to show how flush the OZ wheels are in respect to your fender wheel Arch Extensions? I see that the 20" OZ Canyon ST's are specified as having an OffSet of 52mm and therefore wanted to see how far in or out they sit within your wheel wells in respect to your fenders with the wheel arch extensions. Thanks.