Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

winter wheels, OZ, vs Porsche Spyder/sport design

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
winter wheels, OZ, vs Porsche Spyder/sport design

Tire Rack has these Oz wheels for what I consider to be cheap, but I know nothing about OZ wheels. Are they crap or worth $$?
VS the porsche spyder or sport design wheels?

Both are 20 inch wheels.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 12-09-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: not in open forum..post a wtb in the marketplace
Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
AMG101 is infamous around these parts
I have had multiple pairs of OZ wheels, made in Italy, 2 year warranty. They have been perfect!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:16 PM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
The Spyder Design wheels are made by BBS, and (knock on wood), I've never dinged a BBS wheel on a pothole. A bit of a chore to clean them, esp. in Winter, but I've been very happy with them as my Winter wheels.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:24 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
OZ makes some Ferrari wheels. Don't know what that equates to in quality necessarily, but just an FYI.

I am putting sport designs back on mine Wednesday.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 PM
race3 is infamous around these parts
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
or you could go on Ebay get a set of 19" oem wheels and then just get snow tires, you'd probably save about $1500 over the Suncoast price, you could grab these and then a set of good winter rubber from tirerack for probably less then $2500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-PORSCHE...item415f5d6082

Last edited by EasternLI; 12-05-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by race3
i need minimum 20 inch for my ceramics

Old 12-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jace
i need minimum 20 inch for my ceramics
We have a set with the RS Spyder wheels:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=958v8ttwinwh

Also the Sport Design wheels:
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...e=958v8ttwinwh

Let me know if we can help you out!

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have the Tire Rack package of 20" OZ Superturismo Dakars with Pirelli Scorpions on my '11 Cayenne Turbo with PCCBs. No problems so far but only on for a few weeks.

Old 12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
I have the Tire Rack package of 20" OZ Superturismo Dakars with Pirelli Scorpions on my '11 Cayenne Turbo with PCCBs. No problems so far but only on for a few weeks.
did you get the graphite or the silver?
please send me a picture either way?

I am concerned I will NOT like them. I am ON THE FENCE!!..

Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Had a set of OZ Canyons on my Cayenne S and they were excellent wheels with zero issues.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I have OZ 20" on my Audi A8 with winter tires, RS Spyder in 20" for my CTT. I would not hesitate to buy the OZ again, they're great. Much cheaper than the RS obviously.

Got the Rs Spyder's from Suncoast, good guys. Got the OZ in graphite. Like em.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
I ordered the OZ set last night, with dunlop SP winter sport 3-D tires and pressure sensors OEM.
I should take possession next week, tuesday or wednesday.
I ordered the silver ones, b/c the graphite ones wouldn't be in until next January mid month.
hope they are lovely.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:30 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jace
did you get the graphite or the silver?
please send me a picture either way?

I am concerned I will NOT like them. I am ON THE FENCE!!..
Here you go. Sorry about the dirt but been raining here all day. I really like them but wish they were Graphite.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:03 PM
arktos is infamous around these parts
Here's the 20" OZ Canyon in graphite with Pirelli Ice and Snow

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: winter wheels, OZ, vs Porsche Spyder/sport design