Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

The long and winding road...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:53 AM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
The long and winding road...

The wait is finally over, my CTT made its way to the dealer on Thursday, and I picked up last evening! I'll have more to post about later, but for now, here's some crappy cell phone pics of the car while it was being held in the dealer storehouse overnight

The dealer followed my instructions to a T about not washing it, and as a result it is quite dirty from the long journey. Taking it up to Bob Willis this morning, for some new car prep inspection!!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Love the light up footer cayenne turbo. More option for 2012. My pathetic CTT 2011 doesn't have that. Sheesh.

Lovely initial pics.
Great CTT!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:26 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Nice,looks almost like mine

Old 12-17-2011, 05:08 PM
ddyer248 is infamous around these parts
Very nice. Love the blacked out tail lights. Can't wait to see to it after Bob Willis is done with it.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
Love the light up footer cayenne turbo. More option for 2012. My pathetic CTT 2011 doesn't have that. Sheesh.

Lovely initial pics.
Great CTT!
Haha, I think last time I checked your "pathetic" ctt was still definitely more optioned out than mine! Thanks for convinving me to convince the wifey to add the PDCC and PTV, just gotta wait to get thru that break-in period now

Old 12-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Break in period was after 400 miles for me for up to 6,000 rpm and after 1,000 miles for full revs. Was accomplished in under 13 hours since I drove it off the lot in TX back to CO.

Let'er'ip.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:10 AM
kwihk is infamous around these partskwihk is infamous around these parts
loving the turbo...
(from s owner)

Old 12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Yum .. Enjoy the beautiful beast safely with your family for years to come.

Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks w00t, I'm sure we'll get many wonderful years of service out of her

I think we're gonna make our first roadtrip down to vegas and the canyon this Christmas, and then I'll get her all detailed and prepped, and more pictures taken! Right now she's still pretty dirty (tried washing off all the dust today, and found out how hard our water is, maybe time to start looking into one of those deionizers...)

Here was the car, waiting in the parking lot the night I surprised my wife with it. Dealer helped me out with the bow

And tucked away in the garage for the night:

Old 12-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Benexpress is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by finiteyoda

I think we're gonna make our first roadtrip down to vegas and the canyon this Christmas, and then I'll get her all detailed and prepped, and more pictures taken! Right now she's still pretty dirty (tried washing off all the dust today, and found out how hard our water is, maybe time to start looking into one of those deionizers...)

Here was the car, waiting in the parking lot the night I surprised my wife with it. Dealer helped me out with the bow

Wow WOw WOW
I feel like watching one of those TV commercials, but way better. I guess it is because Porsche. Simply amazing. Enjoy!
Ben

Last edited by Benexpress; 12-19-2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:48 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by finiteyoda

Nice and enjoy your new CTT in good health!

Old 12-20-2011, 03:46 PM
EBLinME is infamous around these parts
Follow-up configuration question

finiteyoda - congratulations, that is a beautiful vehicle. I have my own order in for a CTT, but will have to wait until early spring unfortunately. I do have a quick question on your configuration though as I still have a little time left to finalize my order. I see the front stainless steel skid plate, and love it (that's in my order too). Did you get stainless steel on the rear one as well - I've been having a hard time figuring out exactly what the stainless steel rear skid plate looks like.... thank you.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:28 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by EBLinME
finiteyoda - congratulations, that is a beautiful vehicle. I have my own order in for a CTT, but will have to wait until early spring unfortunately. I do have a quick question on your configuration though as I still have a little time left to finalize my order. I see the front stainless steel skid plate, and love it (that's in my order too). Did you get stainless steel on the rear one as well - I've been having a hard time figuring out exactly what the stainless steel rear skid plate looks like.... thank you.
I have the front and back. It's more subtle than the front, but it's there and definitely adds to the look of the vehicle. I would say definitely get it if you appreciate the stainless steel aesthetics.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:35 AM
synk is infamous around these parts
If you like the off-road look you can order the off-road underbody protection. It comes with rocker panel skid plates which are visible from the side.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 PM
It's been a few weeks, and WHAT a few weeks it's been! For Christmas break, I decided what better than a road trip with my family, so the CTT has now seen over 2600 miles of California, Nevada, and Arizona roadway We stopped through Reno, Vegas, and Sedona, so got to experience a lot of highway driving time, as well as the canyon twisties in Arizona.

Once the car had been broken in and properly covered in mud, it was of to Bob Willis for new car prep. Prior to the roadtrip, Bob had identified some marring, but nothing too serious, and a tiny scratch near the driver's door handle that went all the way to the metal. There was also some wax residue left behind (presumably from the shipment receiving center, as the dealer hadn't cleaned or detailed the car), and a couple new rock chips high up on the hood from the road trip. Suffice to say, Bob brought it all to better-than-new condition.

I will try to post some more tonight, showing some before and after of the amazing work he did, but for now, some shots I took of the car after getting it back from Bob on Sunday:

Notice the mirror-like reflections, dragging my finger across the paint surface it's slippery as an eel.

Factory tinted taillights.

Turbo II Wheels looking tight.

Espresso-Cognac natural leather interior with walnut. My wife's co-pilot is enjoying the 18-way seats

The beauty of the shifter is just incredible... the machined aluminum feeling of the shifter gate, the elegance of the walnut, and soft feel of the leather...

The steering wheel ain't too shabby either

Just can't get over how awesome the curves of the 958 design are...

Love how the tinted taillights just disappear into the jet black paint...

Nuff said!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The long and winding road...