Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rattling in the Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 06:42 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
Rattling in the Car

Does Porsche fix any issues with squeaks or rattling?

As a previous BMW owner, anything under 50k miles that had to do with squeaks, rattles, trim, etch they would cover and fix under warranty. I brought my car in 4 times for them to adjust/fix the sunroof because it was making too much wind noise.

Is Porsche the same? I assume it should be even better.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I have rattling from my passenger seat but have not had them look at it yet. In my experience it will most likely end up with the famous line
"we were not able to replicate your problem, sorry sir". So I would not hold your breath. Worth a try at your next visit to the service dept, but I wouldnot go out of my way to get it done.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
you can definitely take it in for repair under warranty and they will always look at it. but getting it fixed is another question...

Old 12-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
I've also heard the "that's normal" excuse and find that if they know you are persistent and won't drop it including bringing it back multiple times they will address it.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:45 PM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
cool i'll bring it in, glad to hear it's covered under warranty. since rusnak offers porsche loaners... i'm ok. they can keep my car as long as they want.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:00 PM
KeithT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vyper340
I've also heard the "that's normal" excuse and find that if they know you are persistent and won't drop it including bringing it back multiple times they will address it.
Both my p-cars have sqeeks and rattles. I just figure that's the way they are! My caymans brakes have sqeeled loud since day one rolling to a slow stop. I brought it to the attention of the dealer and yes I also got the "it's normal"

Old 01-02-2012, 06:21 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by KeithT
Both my p-cars have sqeeks and rattles. I just figure that's the way they are! My caymans brakes have sqeeled loud since day one rolling to a slow stop. I brought it to the attention of the dealer and yes I also got the "it's normal"
It's not normal.

Of they have not replaced the suspect components (pads, rotors and hardware) then they don't have a leg to stand on.

I suggest to keep brow beating them and put it on the list for anytime you want to take the car in for warranty work or service. They will get the impression that you won't drop it and will have to try something.

You always have the avenue of requesting the regional rep to be involved and that usually helps motivate things. It at least takes out the desire of e dealer to get their bonus points for low warranty claims.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
I have an AMAZINGLY crazy rattle in the A/C port to the left of the steering wheel. Im honestly going nuts..... :/

Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I have some wind noise in the bottom left corner of the driver window, and they can't seem to replicate it, nor fix it.
I had a spare "clean" diaper in the car so I tried stuffing it in the corner and the wind noise went away.
Also when I turn the air to recirculate, it goes down in sound a little as well, BUT I CANT STAND IT and with insulated glass when the car is SOOOO QUIET with my burmester, I want the interior to be as quiet as it can get.....

I just crank the music up and all goes away, but still would like the issue fixed.
They had a similar issue with previous cars, something with the side mirrors causing wind resistance and them reflecting off the window corner, but they say they haven't heard anything with the new Cayenne.....
sure..... Well you at least heard something from me, and that's enough, so go find and fix the problem.

Still not resolved.bah, but oh well. Not mind consuming, just wish it was fixed.

All other issues, rattles, or others, that have been replicated have been fixed.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
awryexperiment is infamous around these partsawryexperiment is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
So I would not hold your breath. Worth a try at your next visit to the service dept, but I wouldnot go out of my way to get it done.
I would actually do the opposite. You want to ensure that the problem is documented in their system so that if it becomes a bigger issue or is chronic, they cannot say "This is the first we're hearing of the issue."

Old 08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Jace
I have some wind noise in the bottom left corner of the driver window, and they can't seem to replicate it, nor fix it.
I had a spare "clean" diaper in the car so I tried stuffing it in the corner and the wind noise went away.
Also when I turn the air to recirculate, it goes down in sound a little as well, BUT I CANT STAND IT and with insulated glass when the car is SOOOO QUIET with my burmester, I want the interior to be as quiet as it can get.....

I just crank the music up and all goes away, but still would like the issue fixed.
They had a similar issue with previous cars, something with the side mirrors causing wind resistance and them reflecting off the window corner, but they say they haven't heard anything with the new Cayenne.....
sure..... Well you at least heard something from me, and that's enough, so go find and fix the problem.

Still not resolved.bah, but oh well. Not mind consuming, just wish it was fixed.

All other issues, rattles, or others, that have been replicated have been fixed.
Dealer should realign the door. They did to my driver side door for same issue.