Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yachting Mahogany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 09:41 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
I've seen Dealer samples of Olive although I have yet to see it in a car. It is nice and not your standard shiny dark brown trim. I think it's going to come in a close 2nd to the Mahogany and it's cool maple inlay,but I can certainly see its appeal.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:55 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I bought Olive on this (my second) CTT sight unseen. Was somewhat worried about it. However, my gosh, I love the texture and feel of the Olive in person. It blends between the Espresso and Cognac so much better, IMHO, than the other woods. Doesn't detract from the beauty of the natural leather combo and stitching in the Espresso dash.

J

Old 01-03-2012, 03:56 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I also have Olive on my espresso/cognac interior with Olive grab handles and a lot of extra leather pieces. You don't say where you're from but there are a number of these interiors listed in this thread. Maybe somebody is close and you can see it in person. I'm in the Pittsburgh area. (Go Steelers)

Old 01-04-2012, 05:10 AM
The Olive is more quiet and in some ways blends better. But according to the Dealer the "official" Porsche recommendation with E/C is Walnut. The fact is that none of the woods are a perfect match but all of them will work with the Interior. It comes down to what you like to look at because we certainly see way more of the inside of our vehicles than out.
Wish I could see your car especially with the Grab handles! Unless you were a Falcon or a Panther fan, you are not close enough for me in Atlanta. Have a feeling if I saw your car in Pittsburgh the main Wood you would be focussed on would be the LaMarr kind!

Old 01-04-2012, 02:27 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vitaman
The Olive is more quiet and in some ways blends better. But according to the Dealer the "official" Porsche recommendation with E/C is Walnut. The fact is that none of the woods are a perfect match but all of them will work with the Interior. It comes down to what you like to look at because we certainly see way more of the inside of our vehicles than out.
Wish I could see your car especially with the Grab handles! Unless you were a Falcon or a Panther fan, you are not close enough for me in Atlanta. Have a feeling if I saw your car in Pittsburgh the main Wood you would be focused on would be the LaMarr kind!
LOL Actually I am a Panther fan - The Pitt Panthers. My wife & I both drive '11 CTTs. Hers has the walnut interior and to me it is so shiny that it almost looks like plastic where the olive looks like natural unpolished wood. Just my opinion. I saw the mahogany a while ago in a Panamara with cognac interior but don't really remember my thoughts on it. As far as Porsche having "official" recommendations, I'm probably on my 15th (at least) Porsche since my first in 1979 & I never heard of them having "official" recommendations. Maybe some people interpret combinations seen in brochures as "official." Good luck with your choices. One recommendation I would make is to add the EVOMS power kit and Fabspeed secondary cat bypass pipes. My dealer installed them before I picked it up but some dealers are not as mod friendly.

Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Those kind of Panthers wear Blue and gold and actually win games....not at all the same type of cat seen in the South.
The Walnut must have been in some kind of dealer brochure as you surmised.
The Mahogany like the Walnut is heavily laminated and shiny but looks more like fine wood than the Walnut.
Thinking about going a la carte on the Premium package. If you have it, how much would you miss the adaptive cruise, seat ventilation, electric sun screen, and 4 zone A/C? I have all but the Cruise on my current vehicle and have used them only a handful of times.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM
I do have the Premium Package. I use the Cruise all the time but could care less about the adaptive part of it. I have yet to have anybody in the back so the 4 zone is also a waste to me. Ditto the 12-volt rear outlet & roll up sunscreen. The Lane Change Assist is nice but I could easily live without it. I do like the Porsche Entry & Drive, Rear Camera with Park Assist, Light Comfort Package, and Seat Ventilation (it really works on hot sticky days.) In 2011 I paid 5,320.00 for the package and could have got what I consider important to me for 2,795.00. My base price was 106,000.00 and by the time I was done with factory options it was 156,295.00 so there are a few other options I wasted money on.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Wow. I thought I was going overboard!
I test drove one with lane change and found it useful. Everything you mentioned other than the ventilation seem really practical. Would love to see your option list with commentary on what you would add and subtract now that you have that experience that you got after you needed it.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:24 PM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
Vitaman, I have had seat ventilation in a number of my cars (M-Bs, Jags). It is an option that I specifically order in my cars. The ventilation in the Porsches is the best I have experienced. As mentioned by imcarnuts, the cooling effect is very obvious. I wish it was available for my Aston Martin. Fyi, I have the walnut in my Cayenne, and the olive in my Panamera TT. I get compliments on the Olive all the time. The walnut does not catch anyone's attention (it is way too shiny - looks like plastic or the wood in any other car).

Old 01-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by vitaman
Wow. I thought I was going overboard!
I test drove one with lane change and found it useful. Everything you mentioned other than the ventilation seem really practical. Would love to see your option list with commentary on what you would add and subtract now that you have that experience that you got after you needed it.
My build is attached.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
Pro Forma Invoice 2-12-11a.doc (12.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 01-04-2012, 06:44 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
seat ventilation is great, but I am in NC where it can get a bit warm.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 AM
falken21 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Pink Floyd
I dont like the wooden steering wheel. I've got all extended leather options — i like the touch of leathern handles.
I think, I saw the mahogany in Panamera. I've ordered my Cayenne in February with the October build and when the mahogany and some other options appeared in configurator (it was in july), I made the changes.

Here is another picture (sorry, it's also taken with the phone).
Very nice look. Can you post photos of your Turbo? Interior and exterior. I like Auburn color and espresso\cognac interior, and mahogany i see first time, and it's better than walnut! Please upload hi-res photos of interior and exterior if you can.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
@Imcarnuts
Could you post pics of the interior of your wife's CT?
I also have JBM/Black,but did not get any trim
I would like to get a nice wood trim to add an elegant touch
I was leaning towards Anthracite Birch,but would not mind seeing a pic of the walnut
Thanks
Ps:It must be even more fun to have a significant other that enjoys her cars as much as you