Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Yachting Mahogany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:28 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Yachting Mahogany

In the final stages of optioning my CTT and am stuck on roof rails and wood.
I currently have rails on my X5M and have not once even contemplated using them. I like the look of the Cayenne slightly better without the rails. Anyone not get them and wish they had?
Am getting the Espresso/Cognac Interior and have eliminated Piano Black, Aluminum, and Carbon Fiber as interior packages. Of the Woods, the Walnut goes OK but is boring. The Anthracite Birch seems wrong at 1st hearing but there is a little brown tone in it and surprisingly is not terrible. The Olive is a safe choice and certainly goes with both Espresso and Cognac, but is not very exciting. I had decided to go with the Olive and let the 2 tone natural leather with contrasting stitching provide all the excitement. That is until I saw the mahogany today. The nomenclature of "Yachting" was an immediate turn off.....it just struck me as exclusive in the wrong way. However the wood has a beautiful tone and the stripe (I've heard it referred to as Birch but the salesman called it Maple) is a great touch. Anyone have it or seen it or even contemplated ordering it? If I choose it I will definitely include the gear selector and steering wheel in the wood. I will want to add the grab handles too (they are kind of prominent) but will find it almost impossible to justify $2400 EXTRA for pretty handles.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
The mrs CS has been home for a Month or so and we didn't get the rails. I figured we will never use them or will we ever put anything on the roof and IMO they CS looks sportier without them.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Pink Floyd is infamous around these parts
Hi!
I've got no rails, and and i've got the yachting mahogany. Here is the picture. It looks great with cognac/espresso.

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks PF
It does look good.
Were you tempted to extend the wood to the steering wheel and handles?
Were you able to see the Mahogany in a car before you decided on it?

Old 12-30-2011, 04:17 AM
mydxb is infamous around these parts
thanks Pink Floyd for the pic.. do you have other clearer pix? thnks

Old 12-30-2011, 11:22 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
I am not a big fan of wood interior on sports cars (hence sports SUVs) but can't fault you guys for going with it. Olive was stunning especially the grab handles and yachting mahogany appears to be a good match too.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 PM
I have always opted for Carbon Fiber when given a choice, but it just does not fit the Espresso Cognac. The beauty of the Turbo is that it can wear the 2 hats of Luxury and Sport equally well depending on your ride settings and of course the power of your right foot.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Pink Floyd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vitaman
Thanks PF
It does look good.
Were you tempted to extend the wood to the steering wheel and handles?
Were you able to see the Mahogany in a car before you decided on it?
I dont like the wooden steering wheel. I've got all extended leather options — i like the touch of leathern handles.
I think, I saw the mahogany in Panamera. I've ordered my Cayenne in February with the October build and when the mahogany and some other options appeared in configurator (it was in july), I made the changes.

Here is another picture (sorry, it's also taken with the phone).

Attached Images  
Old 12-30-2011, 01:16 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Nice. Like it.

I prefer the Olive myself.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Love the Espresso grab handles....never thought of that. Is this a great forum or what?

Old 12-30-2011, 03:20 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
The grab handles come standard with the interior. I wouldn't have thought that till I got it in...

J

Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
All those wood trims can be retrofitted for about $1k, in case you change your mind.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 AM
In a fast search I see all woods available for retrofit.....except the Mahogany.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:15 AM
I looked in a 2012 Blue CTT with Cognac/Espresso that was on the Dealer's lot. The grab handles appeared to be Black and slightly contrasted with the Espresso. It was at dusk so I could have missed something, but I do not recall seeing the contrast stitching like in P Floyd's photo.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:54 AM
wem
wem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the roughwem is a jewel in the rough
If you have a chance, take a look at the Olive in person. It is a natural, open grain wood finish (it looks and feels like wood). I have it in my PTT. It looks great.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Yachting Mahogany