Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Placed Order Today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:09 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
kw911....sorry 'bout that. Neglected to mention it is a Turbo.
Jason....Had no idea you had the same build! You must have a great mind.
Am buying through Hennessy. Gave the other guys a chance, and learned about some options there but the overall trust feeling was significantly better and the deal was slightly better too.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Yeah. Hennessy has been awesome. This is my second CTT through them. Scott Hamilton is who I work with, and he is FANTASTIC! If you use AT&T or T-Mobile, you should really consider the phone module. The rSIM feature is becoming more standrad

Was gonna do a 991, but decided to keep my order for a California instead. Should be here in 2-3 weeks. Will have to give the 991 Turbo some serious thought though...

J

Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Don't understand the phone module. Was told it was for the European Market. Switched from AT&T to Verizon in hopes of less drops in the outlying areas. Turns out AT&T improved in the last 6 months so the switch was not necessary. Does the module make sense with Verizon?
Have never seen the RSE in action. The one on my BMW gets used way less than iPads. Using iPads, I think you can allow the rear seat passengers to listen to the movie's soundtrack through the Porsche's sound system via bluetooth, if it doesn't drive the front seat passengers crazy.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Modules don't work with Verizon, only GSM carriers like AT&T and T-Mobile that uses SIM cards.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
That is true.

However, again the cool thing is that there are many phones out and coming that allow remote SIM access over bluetooth. This allows the bluetooth connection to slave the SIM and use the roof mount antenna for reception. Bad side is no data connection when it is connected.

J