Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My planned configuration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:34 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
On your color combo you shouldn't have to worry about weekly maint. The lighter cream is a different issue. It's a pain I agree just like the two tone color differentiation.
You'll love the ceramics without doubt.
And with the seats although slightly annoying getting into them, you get "in" them and it's perfect, as compared to the other seats that you sit "on".
Rub or wear or whatever the negatives, the seats are superior, promise you'll feel the same.

Check out my build very similar to yours minus a few options here and there.
Check previous posts.

Where in FL? I was born and lived in coral springs for over 15 years before moving to CO.
Love the cleanliness of the streets and cars and buildings in S. FL, compared to CO.

As far as being rich ha.
Don't consider myself there yet, but never know.

As a publicity stunt, call me if you need an internationally licensed Realtor. I work for Sotheby's International Realty, and would be happy to assist you or anyone anywhere!

Best with your health and car, you'll be so happy with the ride and feel once it arrives, plus being at sea level with a 500+ torque is amazing.
Jace: Thanks again for your comments. I'm in Juno Beach, about an hour from Coral Springs. Next time your down here, let me know!

Old 01-21-2012, 06:50 PM
That is a smooth look! The last picture made me think you were creating whitewall tires! I did consider those mirrors in white in fact another dealer told me he thought the painted mirrors were the most bang for the buck in terms of changing the looks toward the better. I went so far as to draw up an all-white Cayenne with the painted wheels and all air intakes, the rear top separation edge, etc but considering getting things dirty and that the main reason for me to have white was the hot sun in Florida, I kinda veto'd that, at least for now due to the added "whiteness" options wasn't going to change the temperature much. I opted for the panorama top even though I think that will cause a hot temperature of car in summer. I chose the white wheel extenders only because the black ones made the wheel-well look too much like a 4-wheel buggy.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
BTW,

Just curious. Was looking and seeing if the wheel spacers would work with PCCB. It would not let me select the SportDesign II wheels with PCCB's. I thinks that's interesting. I am running them on my 2012 right now with PCCB's.

Hmmm....

J
you are right! Didn't check that, just told the dealer to add PCCB. I'll probably have to pick the Spyder wheels. Thanks for that!

Old 01-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I think the software that allows you to choose things and forces you to remove others is a little buggy. If I pick the Sport package for example, you cannot choose the walnut wheel with multifunction but you can a la carte. My dealer is raising that issue with Porsche as it's a $1500 difference that doesn't make sense.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I agree. The configurator is a little funky at times.

My 2011 had that wing mirror in black and chrome trim. No PCCBs. I opted for the black trim, painted wing, and PCCBs on the 2012. I thought about the painted vents up front and rear spoiler, but am glad I didn't. Really allows for some separation.

J

Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Great thread.
Now that I've ordered White with the painted wing mirrors in exterior color, I am hyper aware of styling details on all vehicles. When you see cars that MSRP for well under 40K routinely equipped with mirrors that match, it makes you scratch your head. Doesn't seem like they save that much $ sending them all through the line in half Black especially considering the base price. If you include enough Black elements to contrast with the White, you could make a case for the partially Black side mirror as a styling cue, but it does look more put together to me when painted.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by vitaman
Great thread.
Now that I've ordered White with the painted wing mirrors in exterior color, I am hyper aware of styling details on all vehicles. When you see cars that MSRP for well under 40K routinely equipped with mirrors that match, it makes you scratch your head. Doesn't seem like they save that much $ sending them all through the line in half Black especially considering the base price. If you include enough Black elements to contrast with the White, you could make a case for the partially Black side mirror as a styling cue, but it does look more put together to me when painted.
There has to be a word for when someone convinces you to get another expensive option on the car that you hadn't planned on. My car is already about $11k more than the original configuration. Maybe 6speedlonline should get a commission on these things. Anyhow, now I'm thinking about the white mirrors in fact for the first time I'm actually making a point of looking at side view mirrors. Starting to think ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by nhirsch; 01-23-2012 at 06:25 PM. Reason: rear view-->side view mirrors correction . Thanks to vitaman
Old 01-23-2012, 04:40 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
If you peer too intently at rear view mirrors the car's occupants may become nervous. The side view mirrors are a better target and you can do your research more surreptitiously!
This site can cost you money, but is the best for eliminating the "I shoulda-s".

Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by vitaman
If you peer too intently at rear view mirrors the car's occupants may become nervous. The side view mirrors are a better target and you can do your research more surreptitiously!
This site can cost you money, but is the best for eliminating the "I shoulda-s".
LOL I'll fix that post.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:34 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nhirsch
you are right! Didn't check that, just told the dealer to add PCCB. I'll probably have to pick the Spyder wheels. Thanks for that!
Greetings...you are going to love love love the Autobahn
Perfect setting to realize how much those ceramics are worth it!Especially from Monday to Saturday,when you have soooo many trucks,with one going 60mph being overtaken by another one going 65..Yikes!the times where i had to go from 150 to 60 in a flash
I would recommend going to Berlin after Leipzig(did it in under an hour)mostly unlimited autobahn and a nice way to brake in your pepper
Berlin is one of the grooviest cities I have ever been to..and getting more fun every day...kinda reminds me of NY back in the day....
The Burmester is also worth every penny:most artists that put out dvd-a's care lots about their sound...
My top 3 dvd-a's are:Toots and the Maytals"In the Dark",KD Lang's"Invincible Summer" and Earl Hines&Jimmy Rushing"Blues & Things"..with an honorable mention to "Dark Side Of The Moon"and "American Beauty"
Enjoy,tourist delivery is the coolest option

Last edited by pepper09tt; 01-23-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
What is the cost of tourist delivery? Do you still have to pay the VAT upfront?

J

Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM
pepper09tt: Thanks for your thoughts

Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Greetings...you are going to love love love the Autobahn
Perfect setting to realize how much those ceramics are worth it!

I would recommend going to Berlin after Leipzig(did it in under an hour

The Burmester is ...

Enjoy,tourist delivery is the coolest option
Adding the ceramics according to the online configurator caused an interesting change. It forced me to remove the more plain Sport Design II wheels I had picked to the RS Spyder wheels which I had always thought were better looking but didn't want to have to clean the grindings out of all the spaces in the wheel. But now, with ceramics, there will be much less "stuff" to clean and those wheels are acceptable for that reason. The other changed it forced was adding a 20" collapsible wheel for the spare. Can anyone explain why that?

Berlin has been recommended highly by others but my trip is already compressed so I'm now planning on extending the trip now and maybe adding a stop in Berlin on the return back to Leipzig.

I'm drawing the line on not getting the Bermester as my hearing is not good. I'm the guy that everyone is telling me my phone is ringing or "don't you hear that?"

My wife and I are looking forward to the European delivery/trip. I'm going to make contact with the Porsche rep soon to coordinate some things like insurance extension, travel to Porshe museum in Stuttgart, etc.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Yeah, saw that online the other day. Not sure why, as I have the SportDesign II's on mine now and they work with PCCBs just fine.

Don't know why that the system does that...

J

Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
What is the cost of tourist delivery? Do you still have to pay the VAT upfront?

J
Dealer told me European delivery is about 2.5% of the sticker.
I was told you will pay VAT and get it back later.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:59 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Dealer told me European delivery is about 2.5% of the sticker.
I was told you will pay VAT and get it back later.
Tourist delivery was 4050$
I was also required to write a 15 000$ to cover the VAT,which is refunded once your car clears customs
The first 15 days insurance and road side assistance are included,with the possibility of extending it up to 6 months

Last edited by pepper09tt; 01-24-2012 at 05:02 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My planned configuration