Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My planned configuration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:01 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
My planned configuration

Turbo Cayenne to be picked up in May 2012. I welcome your suggestions/comments on car configuration as well as places to visit during two weeks in Europe.

Exterior Color White
Premium Package Plus
Two-tone Leather Interior in Umber/Light Tartufo
Trailer Coupling without Removable Ball Joint
Stainless Steel Skid Plate in Front and Rear
Panorama Roof System
Roof Transport System, Rails and Moldings with Matte Aluminum-Look*Finish
Running Boards (so mother can get in easier)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV Plus)
8-speed Tiptronic S Inclusive Auto Start Stop Function
Wheel Arch Extensions in Exterior Color
20" Cayenne SportDesign II Wheel*
Wheel Hub Cover with Colored Porsche Crest
17mm Rear Axle Wheel Spacers Exclusive
Summer Performance Tires for 20" Wheels
Cargo Management*
Smoker package (don't smoke but might need no cost lighter for?)
Adaptive Sports Seats with Comfort*Memory Package
Heated Three-spoke Multi-function*Steering Wheel in Walnut*
Extended Grab Handles Trim Package in Walnut
Walnut Interior Package including Selector Lever
Electronic Logbook
Telephone Module
Voice Control
SiriusXMTM Satellite Radio + HD Radio® Receiver

Planned cities are approx 3-4 hrs apart with one day/night stay.

Leipzig
Prague
Wien (Vienna)
Salzburg
Triesen
Montreux
Stutgart
Luxembourg
Brussels
Amsterdam
Hamburg
Copenhagen
Rostock
Leipzig

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Looks like an awesome build!

Old 01-20-2012, 10:33 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Like the extended wood coverage.
Why the Logbook?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Not sure but I was led to believe that software if not already available, would be later available to take advantage of this to download and analyze trip data and other data on a PC. Being a computer geek, and planning for this 2+ week trip, thought that might be interesting to use plus it isn't too expensive and might have future functionality that would require this option.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM
emag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Not sure but I was led to believe that software if not already available, would be later available to take advantage of this to download and analyze trip data and other data on a PC. Being a computer geek, and planning for this 2+ week trip, thought that might be interesting to use plus it isn't too expensive and might have future functionality that would require this option.
I got the logbook for my BMW base on the same assumption despite its main function is for business vehicle tax claim purpose in German. It's not been used in the pass four years... So I would suggest perhaps save those money and use on other options like the 21" wheel

Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. I mentioned I'm a geek and would be very interested in playing with the electronic logbook. I have no need for the keeping of expenses, etc, rather interested in something keeping track of where and when and how fast and other data of the car. I really don't know what it provides so I might be doing wishful thinking here. I'd love to see a manual for it or some documentation so I can make an educated decision. I wonder for example if GPS coordinates are inserted into the records?

Regarding the wheels, my first thought was the cool looking 21 inch 911 Turbo wheels and the dealer (the sponsor of this forum coincidentally) even had some really good looking 22" wheels in the showroom but after speaking to people who had the 21" (or the 20" on the Panamera) versus the 20" (19" on the Panamera) including someone who had the same car with each kind of wheel, I decided on the slightly smaller, more quiet on the road, more comfortable ride rather than the sexy looks and tighter ride--obviously a personal preference and as someone in his 60's and knowing the 20" is still 2" bigger than the standard, I'm comfortable with that decision.

I suppose if I followed the above logic though, I might have decided on the 14 way seats rather than the 18 which I kept. I might need another trip to the dealer to be sure. Those high bolsters on the sides mean you have to climb over them to get in and both our current cars, the leather is worn at that point even without the high bolsters. My wife is "koosering" me to the 14 way she already got koosered me to leave the model designation on the car (I would have preferred to remove it but I gave her that one as I understand it's only on there with double stick tape so it can be removed later

Last edited by nhirsch; 01-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:09 AM
emag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Thanks for your suggestions. I mentioned I'm a geek and would be very interested in playing with the electronic logbook. I have no need for the keeping of expenses, etc, rather interested in something keeping track of where and when and how fast and other data of the car. I really don't know what it provides so I might be doing wishful thinking here. I'd love to see a manual for it or some documentation so I can make an educated decision. I wonder for example if GPS coordinates are inserted into the records?

Regarding the wheels, my first thought was the cool looking 21 inch 911 Turbo wheels and the dealer (the sponsor of this forum coincidentally) even had some really good looking 22" wheels in the showroom but after speaking to people who had the 21" (or the 20" on the Panamera) versus the 20" (19" on the Panamera) including someone who had the same car with each kind of wheel, I decided on the slightly smaller, more quiet on the road, more comfortable ride rather than the sexy looks and tighter ride--obviously a personal preference and as someone in his 60's and knowing the 20" is still 2" bigger than the standard, I'm comfortable with that decision.

I suppose if I followed the above logic though, I might have decided on the 14 way seats rather than the 18 which I kept. I might need another trip to the dealer to be sure. Those high bolsters on the sides mean you have to climb over them to get in and both our current cars, the leather is worn at that point even without the high bolsters. My wife is "koosering" me to the 14 way she already got koosered me to leave the model designation on the car (I would have preferred to remove it but I gave her that one as I understand it's only on there with double stick tape so it can be removed later
Maybe you have read this in the brochure before,
"Electronic logbook.
This optional addition to PCM enables you to automatically record on every journey the mileage, route distance, date and time as well as starting location and destination. Data can be downloaded from PCM via Bluetooth® or a USB port and processed on a PC using soft-ware included with the package.
The software complies with the statutory requirements for automatic logbooks as specified by the German revenue authorities."
Couldn't find anything in the owners manual or PCM manual though.

I personally preferred the 18 way as its more hugging, but I did read somewhere in the forum there are people like the 14 ways more. I guess it's another personal preference thing.

But the entry/exit shouldn't be a problem if you have Easy Entry Function, the seat will move back slightly every time when you open the door. (Not sure if the bolster will move back too like the one on BMW, I haven't got the car yet but I've read through the owners manual)

As for the model designation, the Porsche logo is positioned slightly higher without deleting the model in factory (not 100% sure about this, but there was a thread here had mentioned this before)

Hope it help

Old 01-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Excellent builld.
Maybe consider ceramics?
You'll hate the brake dust with the standard steels.
I had them on my GTS so I opted for the ceramics and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes I get a little squeak here and there but heat them up and then it's flawless.
They are much lighter in weight as well. Worthwhile option IMHO.
6 disc changer? I didn't get but wish I had, oh well.
Compass? I love it.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by emag
Maybe you have read this in the brochure before, ...
But the entry/exit shouldn't be a problem if you have Easy Entry Function, the seat will move back slightly every time when you open the door...

Hope it help
Thanks emag. I did see that write up before. Not much there to go on though.
Regarding the seat, i'm more concerned about the seat bolster on the seat bottom sides they way they stick up, you will likely be rubbing and wearing them each time you get in and out, which is what has happened on both my car and my wife's car where the leather is worn thru--and our cars don't even have that part of the seat raised up as much. I suppose I should just lift my fat *** up higher or not worry about it

Old 01-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
Excellent builld.
Maybe consider ceramics?
You'll hate the brake dust with the standard steels.
I had them on my GTS so I opted for the ceramics and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes I get a little squeak here and there but heat them up and then it's flawless.
They are much lighter in weight as well. Worthwhile option IMHO.
6 disc changer? I didn't get but wish I had, oh well.
Compass? I love it.
I thought about ceramics but they seem to be so expensive. Anyhow, you made me re-consider on that and so I told the dealer today to add them. Thanks. BTW, can I send you part of the bill?

Regarding the 6 disc changer, I don't even use the 1 disc in my car now, so I can't imagine using a 6 disc changer when I have iPhone and Android to plug in, each with at least 16 Gig memory each. Unless I'm missing something?

Compass: I understand it's electronic so it needs power and if you have power then I'm assuming the navigation system in the car should work well enough for direction.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
you can send me the entire bill, getting me to pay it, well that's another story.
Im not a ripping junkie nor do I have the time. I just like the quality of a DVD-A sound on my BURMESTER.

As for the side bottom bolsters, you will rub on them. They are harder to get in with them.

my solution has been to constantly clean and condition. I do this once a week, b/c I have the cream/umber. My jeans wear on them all the time.
I have even air brushed and dyed with a small paint brush the corner of the seats that WILL wear. But after 15,000 miles my seats still look brand new. No discoloring and no wear.

I sent in the swatch from the back of the brochure book, had a dye made to match, and I use this when dying the seats.

good luck. !

Old 01-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
you can send me the entire bill, getting me to pay it, well that's another story.
Im not a ripping junkie nor do I have the time. I just like the quality of a DVD-A sound on my BURMESTER.

As for the side bottom bolsters, you will rub on them. They are harder to get in with them.

my solution has been to constantly clean and condition. I do this once a week, b/c I have the cream/umber. My jeans wear on them all the time.
I have even air brushed and dyed with a small paint brush the corner of the seats that WILL wear. But after 15,000 miles my seats still look brand new. No discoloring and no wear.

I sent in the swatch from the back of the brochure book, had a dye made to match, and I use this when dying the seats.

good luck. !
If I'd known you had Bermester, I might have dismissed your suggeston for the ceramics as just some rich person... but I suppose that's because my hearing isn't good enough to distinguish between Bose and AM radio, never mind Bermester--I'm happy just to hear the words mostly.

It's nice you kept your seats like new. I wonder if dye (like you had made) is available for the Light Tartufo leather from Porsche, similar to the exterior paint touch-up kits that are readily available? If it wasn't such a nice car and brand new, I would think about putting moleskin on the areas of the seats that get rubbed. The thought of being tied to doing weekly maintenance on anything on the car other is not what I'm after although I suppose such maintenance is somewhat therapeutic.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:59 PM
On your color combo you shouldn't have to worry about weekly maint. The lighter cream is a different issue. It's a pain I agree just like the two tone color differentiation.
You'll love the ceramics without doubt.
And with the seats although slightly annoying getting into them, you get "in" them and it's perfect, as compared to the other seats that you sit "on".
Rub or wear or whatever the negatives, the seats are superior, promise you'll feel the same.

Check out my build very similar to yours minus a few options here and there.
Check previous posts.

Where in FL? I was born and lived in coral springs for over 15 years before moving to CO.
Love the cleanliness of the streets and cars and buildings in S. FL, compared to CO.

As far as being rich ha.
Don't consider myself there yet, but never know.

As a publicity stunt, call me if you need an internationally licensed Realtor. I work for Sotheby's International Realty, and would be happy to assist you or anyone anywhere!

Best with your health and car, you'll be so happy with the ride and feel once it arrives, plus being at sea level with a 500+ torque is amazing.

Last edited by Jace; 01-21-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
nhirsch,

Consider the painted wing mirrors in exterior color. Especially since you already have the painted wheel arches.

Here is a pic of mine...

J

Old 01-21-2012, 06:32 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
BTW,

Just curious. Was looking and seeing if the wheel spacers would work with PCCB. It would not let me select the SportDesign II wheels with PCCB's. I thinks that's interesting. I am running them on my 2012 right now with PCCB's.

Hmmm....

J

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My planned configuration