Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rattling/Squeeking Sounds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 AM
sultanattar is infamous around these parts
Rattling/Squeeking Sounds

I really enjoy my 958 CTT, however I find the interior quality to be really poor.

The front dash and door handle area just squeak like crazy and not only when hitting pot holes, but when encountering the slightest twist on the road or during aggressive driving. The plastic parts just dont hold up and I have complained to the dealer so many time, but all they do is put some double tape on the parts which helps but cant be fitted in all places.

I had a squeak coming from the front speaker cover that the dealer could not fix and occurred when driving on a smooth highway. I got so annoyed by the sound that I removed the cover and have been driving without it for the past 2 weeks until I take it back to the dealer to find a solution.

The latest problem I have had is with the rear door rubber seals. When the car goes on a speed bump or a ramp the back doors make an obvious sound that is like squeezing rubber. The dealer does not even want to try to replace the rubber seals, they want to attempt to realign the rear doors.

Lets see what happens but It is very sad that such an expensive car would have these many problems.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:58 AM
dubai_m5 is infamous around these parts
same problem here dashboard noise and my door has a really annoying sound

Old 02-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Let us know what they do to address those issues.

I have an intermittent noise in the same area of the dashboard and am wondering what the fix attempts will be when it goes in this week.

Old 02-01-2012, 05:07 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Dont let them realign the doors, thats the dumbest thing I have heard for a solution, they are perfectly aligned from the factory. Lubricate the rubber seals (on the door and vehicle) with silicone spray and a rag (spray silicone on rag and apply, may take several applications) this solved my issue. My wifes MB door seals need to be lubed every month or so, otherwise they make all kinds of noise, been that way since day one.

Old 02-02-2012, 12:43 AM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Silicon never helped the "boat creaking" issue on my M5 or my wife's (now sold) Merc convertible hard top. Vinylex (baby blue bottle) solves weather stipping creaking issues on all my vehicles and needs to be applied about once every few months.

Last edited by V10M; 02-02-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 AM
I was also told by the Service Manager that Teflon spray may help... Anyone ever heard of that as a solution?

Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Aperture776 is infamous around these parts
V10M thanks for the tip. I will give it a try because I have the weather stripping creak as well. I've seen Lexol available everywhere but not Vinylex.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Try Einzet Gummi Pfledge. It's what the dealers use to lube rubber seals. It's on Amazon and other sites

Old 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
I have a strange squeek in the front of my car coming from my suspension area only over bumps. It sounds like the shock. Sounds like when you get a wet towel and rub it onto a dry window really really hard and catch a little bit of friction.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:52 PM
nephew is infamous around these parts
i've got creaking coming either from the steering column or somewhere in the dash gauge cluster. it is somewhat annoying - comes and goes and sometimes just pipes up while driving on smooth roads. i will ask the dealer to take a look at next time the car is in for service.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I have some wind noise from the left bottom of the driver side window. A light whining sound. Annoying b/c that's all I hear when all is turned off and just listening to nothing. And I like the skin of nothing with my insulated option..,
Wish I could find the reason and fix it. Dealer has had no luck with recreating. Shocker.

Old 02-06-2012, 06:18 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
With the insulated glass option, is it so effective that every little squeak appears magnified? Would you order it again in a do over?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I would order again without question. I have no squeaks just a little corner air noise.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Moss1st is infamous around these parts
I, too, have rattles and sounds coming out of the front right side of the dash, driver's door, steering wheel casing, and the rear doors (when driving on bumpy roads). For those of you who have 4-zone climate control, have you noticed a squeal coming from under the middle storage compartment when turning off the engine? I can tolerate all what I mentioned previously but this thing is really annoying especially because I suspect it came up after performing a recall involving the a/c drainage system.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I have the 4 zone climate, however I have not experienced this sound. I am also not sure if they performed the recall you are talking about.

On another note, is there any way to find all the TSB's and recalls issued on the 958?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rattling/Squeeking Sounds