Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 turbo or wait for the 2012 gts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
2012 turbo or wait for the 2012 gts

I am going to trade in my 2011 Panamera turbo for another Cayenne (I had 2 turbos in past) . Should I go with the turbo or wait for the gts that I hear will be coming in June or July?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:58 PM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I have both the Panamera Turbo and Cayenne Turbo (both 2011's)...what don't you like about the PTT that you like about the CTT?

Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Any official news about the Cayenne GTS ?!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Turbo

Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by JCBH
I have both the Panamera Turbo and Cayenne Turbo (both 2011's)...what don't you like about the PTT that you like about the CTT?
I want another SUV . The Panamera is great though there are some things I wish they did differently make the car more engaging . The exhaust is to quiet even with sport. The car feels big and doesn't give me the rush my 911 did. I thought the Panamera would be the best of both worlds my dd and my toy but it hasn't. So I would probably end up getting another 911 also.
The GM at my dealership told me the GTS will be here in June or July. I read in one of the forums it may have the PDK transmission.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:32 AM
JCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to beholdJCBH is a splendid one to behold
I went through the same thing...I traded in my 997.2 C4S cabriolet when I got my Panamera Turbo thinking the same thing...that it would be my daily driver and would be fun enough to replace a sports car. After about 3 months, I got a 911 GTS in addition and am now lucky enough to have the perfect combo. Nothing will ever replace a true sports car...no matter how fast!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
PDK sounds interestingly fun.
I feel the GTS won't be the power you want or are used to in a turbo.

I'd go for a fully optioned turbo and then upstage the power kit in time.
My plan at least.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:35 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
I have a 2011 CT
I have driven my mother around in it plenty of times
She does not drive,but has been driven in many different cars
She is demanding, and rightly so, expects a comfy ride
One day i picked her up in a 2011 Panamera loaner
Unanimous verdict:"I prefer the Cayenne"
Another advantage of the Turbo are the tunning possibilities:
Along with my Tubi exhaust,once i have my GIAC ecu upgrade,i will be around 600hp
Along with PDCC,PTV and PCCB's,you are set

Last edited by pepper09tt; 02-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:19 PM
emag is infamous around these parts
I haven't heard of any news for GTS from my dealer. I assume it usually out after the Turbo S and we have yet to see the Turbo S.

I would go for a CTT with power kit upgrade so that you get the power you used to have.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:30 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I had my '11 Cayenne Turbo in for service a few weeks ago and the dealer gave me a Panamara 4S to drive. Forgetting the power difference, I was not enamored with it at all. Much prefer the Cayenne. In no way are either a replacement for the 997 Turbo/S. I sold my 458 Italia a few months ago because in the real driving world, I much preferred our '11 Turbo S.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:47 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
I have a 2011 CT
I have driven my mother around in it plenty of times
She does not drive,but has been driven in many different cars
She is demanding, and rightly so, expects a comfy ride
One day i picked her up in a 2011 Panamera loaner
Unanimous verdict:"I prefer the Cayenne"
Another advantage of the Turbo are the tunning possibilities:
Along with my Tubi exhaust,once i have my GIAC ecu upgrade,i will be around 600hp
Along with PDCC,PTV and PCCB's,you are set
I have emailed GIAC and have heard nothing about the CTT tuning program... I've also heard that the CTT has a different DME than the PTT and the newer DME for the CTT cannot be hacked and must have a "piggy back" unit like exists from a couple of other companies.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vyper340
I have emailed GIAC and have heard nothing about the CTT tuning program... I've also heard that the CTT has a different DME than the PTT and the newer DME for the CTT cannot be hacked and must have a "piggy back" unit like exists from a couple of other companies.
+1 I have the piggy back EVOMS unit and when I did it, GIAC had nothing for the CTT. I woud have used GIAC if it had been available only because of my great experience with them on mu '08 997 Turbo - not because of any problems with EVOMS. That being said, I am VERY happy with the EVOMS unit. GIAC still does not show anything for the CTT on their web site.