Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

958 Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 10:01 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
958 Turbo S

On the Porsche.USA website,when you try to build your own CT they no longer feature the power kit upgrade for the CT
Could that mean that a TurboS is coming soon?

Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, my guess is later this year and GTS soon to follow. Poor me ... have to live with my underpowered ute .

Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Your Ute looks so shiny

Old 02-08-2012, 12:43 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Hand wash every week, one step polish every 6 months along with a nice sealant will do it Pepper. Have enjoyed each and every minute of the 14 K miles that I have on it.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Hand wash every week, one step polish every 6 months along with a nice sealant will do it Pepper. Have enjoyed each and every minute of the 14 K miles that I have on it.
Wowww,i admire your attention to detail and how well you take care of your pepper
Mine has more of a lived in,travelled look

Last edited by pepper09tt; 02-08-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Nice. I never waxed my cars or boats although have had them detailed every 2 years or so. I may take care of my 958 Turbo especially due to the investment and I'm concerned about wearing the high bolster on the 18 way seats - getting in and out. I'm curious what people have found useful for protecting the leather on the seats. Any suggestions?

Old 02-08-2012, 05:02 PM
I have a black leather interior,and just like my jackets..they look groovier when worn a bit..i actually look forward to a crease or 2 to add a bit of character

Old 02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Nice. I never waxed my cars or boats although have had them detailed every 2 years or so. I may take care of my 958 Turbo especially due to the investment and I'm concerned about wearing the high bolster on the 18 way seats - getting in and out. I'm curious what people have found useful for protecting the leather on the seats. Any suggestions?
I second that about the bolster wear

Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
The 18 way seats are proned to wear (some may even say premature wear) compared to the 8 and 14 way seats due to the deep sculpting of the side bolsters. Add to that on seats that have the ventilation option you get less leather (compared to non-ventilated seats). One has to be at the top of their game for meeting the challenges of the upkeep. This includes a) being careful getting in and out of the seats with as little rubbing and pressure as possible b) removing all buttons on the pant's rear pockets
c) Hand massaging Leatherique rejuvenator oil every on to two months
d) Quick weekly wipe down using Prestine cleaner. I do all this and I still have one spot on the thigh side outer bolster that upsets this anally obsessive mind. The leather actually peeled off

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 02-08-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 PM
So Leatherique rejuvenator oil is the ticket. Their website http://www.leatherique.com/ looks like they specialize in cars. I certainly don't want it to become like my existing SUV (see picture). Has anyone used Wolfgang Leather Care Conditioner?

Attached Images  

Last edited by nhirsch; 02-08-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added option
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I have the 18 way seats in black...and like a good leather jacket they have no apparent wear..just a crease or two and i never have cleaned them in the 6000 miles I have driven
Though i will order some Leatherique to give them their first rubdown
Ps:the bolsters fit me like a gloveand I am more amazed every day by how faultless my pepper is. and drives.and trust me,I have NOT been gentle with it...love love love those pccb's

Last edited by pepper09tt; 02-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 AM
emag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
On the Porsche.USA website,when you try to build your own CT they no longer feature the power kit upgrade for the CT
Could that mean that a TurboS is coming soon?
I was about to post a new thread on this. My order last month was delayed due to the power kit option. Accordingly to my sales guy, it's no longer available for 12 model but it might become available again for 13 model.

I asked if that's related to the launch of Turbo S later this year. He spoke to the head office here, as expected, nothing specific came back. But he indicate to me that it's unlikely the production of TS will begin this year.

I have till end of this week to make my decision on whether to keep my current order for Apr production or wait for 13 model with power kit or Turbo S which neither has a specific time frame

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
I have the 18 way seats in black...and like a good leather jacket they have no apparent wear..just a crease or two and i never have cleaned them in the 6000 miles I have driven
Though i will order some Leatherique to give them their first rubdown
Ps:the bolsters fit me like a gloveand I am more amazed every day by how faultless my pepper is. and drives.and trust me,I have NOT been gentle with it...love love love those pccb's
I made inquiry of Leatherique last night and got a nice response. I'm afraid I started this off topic here so I added instead to another one on leather care. I'm have pccb's too thanks to this forum. I hope my experience will be faultless too!

Last edited by nhirsch; 02-09-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:55 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Are the leather used by Porsche just so fragile? Our 130K+ miles Toyota with its whopping $1000 leather option has lasted over a decade and still going strong, compared to the $3000+ Porsche leather which can show wear before the car hits 5000 miles.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by steph280
Are the leather used by Porsche just so fragile? Our 130K+ miles Toyota with its whopping $1000 leather option has lasted over a decade and still going strong, compared to the $3000+ Porsche leather which can show wear before the car hits 5000 miles.
I think it's the combination of very high bolsters on the 18 way seats that you have to get up over plus perforated leather for air that causes the issue. I'm not sure of the reality of a problem but have read it here and want to do what I can to avoid a problem. The picture of my GMC Yukon shows severe wear on the much lower bolsters after 60k miles and my wife's BMW 325ci also has same problem to lesser extent after 40k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 958 Turbo S