Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Clear turn markers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
jbsport is infamous around these parts
Clear turn markers

I just installed the clear turn markers using the fishing line method. It took me 5 minutes. I really appreciate all the info on this board. The dealer wanted $200 to install them. My black cayenne looks sweet with the clears.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:24 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jbsport
I just installed the clear turn markers using the fishing line method. It took me 5 minutes. I really appreciate all the info on this board. The dealer wanted $200 to install them. My black cayenne looks sweet with the clears.
Amazing what places charge to do work. I changed mine out in about 15 minutes, well 12 minutes left side 3 minutes right.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:00 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jbsport
Do you have the instructions for the fishing line method? tried a search, but nothing?

Also, how much were your clears? I'm gonna guy some for my CS when I get it in a few weeks.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:43 AM
From Renntech

After reading this forum on Saturday, I went about replacing my amber side markers with clear side markers. After partially removing the wheel well liner like this forum and the owner manual suggests I struggled to remove the first side marker. After about 20 minutes, the first amber marker was out. What a chore. Now that I could see specifically how and where the marker attached (with pressure clips) I decided to take a different approach on the second side...

1. Slip a piece of fishing line (I used 40lb test) under the front point of the side marker. You may have to put a little pressure on top or bottom of the lens to free up a gap to get the line completely under the point of the light.
2. Carefully work the line back from the point 1/2 to 3/4 inch toward the center of the light.
3. Holding both end of the fishing line, give the line a firm tug, not too hard. This will unclip the lens form front pressure clip and partially from the rear pressure clip
4. Carefully remove the lens the rest of the way from the rear pressure clip and a slight tilt will also release the safety clip as well.
5. Remove the bulb from the amber lens, replace bulb with amber bulb, align slots on bulb gasket with clear lens align tabs on clear lens with pressure clips on vehicle and press lens into place.

Total time expended on first side (using the owner’s manual method) 30 minutes by the time I put everything back together.
Total time expense on second side 4 minutes.

I hope this helps everyone save some time so you can spend less time with your hand(s) wedged up inside the fender well and more time behind the wheel.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I bought the clears from Ryan at Suncoast Porsche. They came in 2days ans included the amber bulbs.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:56 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
My dealer, Sewickley Porsche in the Pittsburgh area, had the clear markers in both of ours before picking up when new. No Charge for lights or labor. Didn't even have to ask.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
They had better if you buy 3 late model cars from them...

Old 02-18-2012, 05:55 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vyper340
They had better if you buy 3 late model cars from them...
Not to mention 20+ other P-Cars since my first in 1978 or 1979. It has been a long relationship. Probably the second most expensive relationship I've had in my 60 years. The first being getting married.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:48 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
I hear and second that! Unfortunately my car obsession takes a back seat to boats which make cars look like cheap thrills... Lol

Old 02-20-2012, 07:21 PM
cjwal is infamous around these parts
I got mine at suncoast as well. Install was easy. I think this is a must for darker color Cayenne's.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Dr99 is infamous around these parts
I just received and installed my clear indicators from Suncoast last night. Not being a fisherman, I decided to use my plastic interior trim tools, which made the install very easy. I swapped them both out within 5 minutes.

Harbor freight has sets of the interior tools cheap. They are quite handy.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:05 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Fishing line trick worked like a charm but I used floss and just doubled it. I also used a think piece of paper to push the floss in and then just wrapped it around the signals. Easiest way so far and didn't scratch anything up.

Old 04-04-2012, 11:41 AM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
Tried the floss trick no dice, but when i was in the dealer yesterday a porsche mechanic was going with me for a drive so i can show him some of the many problems in my car ever since i bought it ( 4th time in the dealer ) and i always been nice to him joking around ect so when he saw them he said i,ll istall those for you but dont tell anyone it's illegal . Score :P

Old 04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ALRAJHI
Tried the floss trick no dice, but when i was in the dealer yesterday a porsche mechanic was going with me for a drive so i can show him some of the many problems in my car ever since i bought it ( 4th time in the dealer ) and i always been nice to him joking around ect so when he saw them he said i,ll istall those for you but dont tell anyone it's illegal . Score :P

How are clear side markers illegal. The turn color is still orange?

And you can use floss, it will break. Use fishing line..I used a very thin string and it worked perfectly. Don't follow what it tells you in the manual. It's a pain in the a

Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 PM
ALRAJHI is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m
How are clear side markers illegal. The turn color is still orange?

And you can use floss, it will break. Use fishing line..I used a very thin string and it worked perfectly. Don't follow what it tells you in the manual. It's a pain in the a
I have no idea how it is illegale but that what he said . yea i doubled the floss so it wont tear but not matter how much i tugged nothing happened so it's good that hes helping me by installing them for free. Thanks for the advice though !

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clear turn markers