Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

SportDesign Package, yes or no?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 03:25 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
SportDesign Package, yes or no?

Is it too much in a white Cayenne?
I like the std black plastic trim / Black window trim in a white Cayenne , just considering something different.

Maybe the SportDesigh Package with aluminum roof rails and window trim for a more classy look?

I just place an order for a 12' Turbo to replace my "S", and I need to decide fast. The new white is absolutely my color of choice.

Any opinions / suggestions will be appreciated, Thanks!

Attached Images     
Old 02-15-2012, 03:28 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
SD Package with Black trim

Attached Images   
Old 02-15-2012, 03:48 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
White might not be my favorite color,however I think it looks good on both and gives them a more elegant look..go for it

Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
The White can be a little plain and common. It lends itself to a little razzle dazzle. The Sport Design kit does exactly that. I think it will be a real stunner with or without the roof rails. If you go for rails, I would do them in Black.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Nice but that's a lot of white. Kind of "ghost" like or if you're into wearing a sheet...

Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 PM
giadomi is infamous around these parts
Definitely go with the sport design kit. I think it looks good in white, but black is my preference. i ordered a 12 in black with the sport design kit 5 mos ago should have it in 3 weeks!! Cant wait

Old 02-15-2012, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by giadomi
Definitely go with the sport design kit. I think it looks good in white, but black is my preference. i ordered a 12 in black with the sport design kit 5 mos ago should have it in 3 weeks!! Cant wait
Candy for your eyes...Looks fantastic, but I am too lazy to keep it clean and shiny.

Attached Images  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 AM
TheBrainyBeav is infamous around these parts
I'm a C newbie (expecting to pick mine up in a few weeks) so don't flame me, but I think the Sport Design is waaay too much white. I prefer the look of the white in standard turbo trim.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:15 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by galion
Candy for your eyes...Looks fantastic, but I am too lazy to keep it clean and shiny.
+1 on how good it looks,and also...the laziness

Last edited by pepper09tt; 02-16-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 AM
gammaman is infamous around these parts
The painted pieces look nice, but I would caution you that they will take a beating if you drive at all in the slop, thus the black plastic is more practical, probably why it's there in the first place (aside from the fact that Porsche gets to charge extra).

Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM
One thing that keeps me away from the std black plastics is that its very likely that the facelift Cayenne due in 2014 will get most of the black parts painted.
A Cayenne with the SD Pack will still look more fresh than the STD model.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Good point about the fresh.
A 4 year old GTS (with kit standard) looks more up to date than a 4 year old Cayenne S.
The GTS always catches my eye.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
To each his/her own but I don't like the SD kit on the Cayenne.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
i'm a bit biase when it comes to white and the SDK but i wouldn't buy any light color porsches with the rockers not painted. looks uncomplete and cheap for some reason. if you do go with white definetly get the black trim vs. the chome to give it a little contrast.

and is there ever too much white

Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Is it me or the SDK gives the impression of a lower ride height?
Do you remember the level setting of your AS when you took those pics?

I am almost sold out after seing your second pic, thanks!
If you have a few more, please share.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SportDesign Package, yes or no?