Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My CTT after a lengthy interior and exterior top notch detail.!!! W O W

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Looks great. Nice garage to work in which helps a lot. It's looking worthy of your precious back seat cargos.

Acetone scares me though. I wouldn't think of using it on leather unless it had some substance that only acetone could dissolve. Which Sonax product? I see they have cloths, foam, Xtreme foam, wipes.
foam, green bottle/cap.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nhirsch
Regarding the jeans, George from Leatherique suggested the following:

"If you wear alot of jeans, chinos, or course fabrics I would suggest a small Klear Kote for the high wear bolster to keep it protected. We've had quite a bit of problem with dye transfer from the cheaper denims from china transfering indigo dye onto light leather. This permanent transfer is augmented by heated seats."

here's the link for Klear Kote: http://leatherique.org/detail.aspx?ID=18

that's why I referenced my steps. klear kote is in there. thanks for the info as well.
Those folks at leatheriq know me well. I order plenty from them from the prepping agent for dye, the custom dye itself, gallons of prestine clean, and a few of rejuvinator.

all jeans, cheap or expensive, will transfer onto CREAM.
believe me I know. I wear regularly, $40.00 jeans, and then some over $600.00. All are cheap and transfer, some maybe worse than others.
jeans are blue, seats are cream, it's inevitable.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
How well does the Klear Kote work? What's the procedure for applying. Do u have a pic of the bottle?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:54 PM
It may protect a bit. Adds a wax type protectant over the dye.
But it also has a bit if a shine to it.
The bottle is just one of their normal bottles, the liquid looks like a watered down milk.
Applied with a brush as well, probably a sprayer would be best again.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jace
Leatheriq cleaner and conditioner and sonax
Small bristle leather scrub as well as some acetone and some color matched dye on the high driver bolster from my jean marks.

Someone mentioned that cheap jeans leave behind dye coloring.
My levi's actually leave LESS dye which I love.
It's my rock and republics, sevens, or true religions that are $300/pair that leave behind terrible dye, even after one sit in and get out....

Oh well. I don't really care as long as I can always clean and condition and dye if necessary and still having it look brand new. It's when, I can't restore and it starts to look dated that I will be pissed, and probably just sell the car
But if after 17,000 miles on CREAM of I'm good so far with my knowledge of caring for leather, I think I'll be okay in time....
Wait, what? $300 jeans. Ok its official, I am out of my league.

Great info; thanks JACE.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Wait, what? $300 jeans. Ok its official, I am out of my league.

Great info; thanks JACE.
It's a problem. Help please.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
Sweet wheels! gotta get me some in 22"

Old 02-20-2012, 05:12 AM
INDV6 is infamous around these parts
Nice garage !

Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
It's a problem. Help please.
Jace - noticed you had the PCCB option and was curious if you feel that option is worth it? Any noise out of them? Are they expected to last longer that the standard Big Red brakes?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:57 AM
I will get ceremics on next car that has it as an option to purchase.
NO BREAK DUST, worth it.
should last longer than regular turbo breaks, if I don't get a rock or something in them. which in that case will COST A WHOLE LOT MORE to replace.
some minor squeaking when cold, but a non issue.
The main difference is they are 1/2 the weight of that of regular breaks! and there is NO fade.
they can take something like a couple thousand degrees in heat before any issues in breakdown.
more pedal sensitivity with ceramics.

they might be a little softer for the 1st couple stops when cold, but when I compare to the red breaks I previously had on my old cayenne, these are worth every penny to me.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks! The no brake dust is definelty worth it. It will be interesting to know how long they last and the associated cost to replace when compared to the Reds. I know I paid something close to 2k for the brakes to be done (front and rear) on the old CTT. Fronts would last for roughly 20-25k miles.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
the ceramics are $2500-$3000 PER rotor if you need them replaced.
but a friend at the alabama test track said they should last the life of the car for the amount we drive them.
I put about 17,000 miles per year.

For ME, I am sure they will last the length of time I keep my cars...

Old 02-20-2012, 07:19 PM
cjwal is infamous around these parts
Jace, how was your tire wear. I have Yokohama's with 21" rims. Only 9k and showing significant wear. Almost all highway.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:46 AM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
Looks awesome

Old 02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing but the best would work for Jace and thats what we see in full display be it the vehicle or its upkeep/detailing. Well done my friend. BTW as **** as I am, I am still having some issues with the leather being damaged on the exact spot that you pointed out with your finger.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My CTT after a lengthy interior and exterior top notch detail.!!! W O W