Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My CTT after a lengthy interior and exterior top notch detail.!!! W O W

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Talking My CTT after a lengthy interior and exterior top notch detail.!!! W O W

So after detailing a few aircraft this evening I brought all supplies needed to do the interior and exterior of my CTT. It's been long overdue, just been too busy with work and family.

Teaser thread until I can get back home and upload all the pics tomorrow!!
Be ready!!

Magnificant!!! I must say.

Looks BRAND NEW or even better then when I picked it up, and with 17,000 miles and counting.

processes done to CTT in no particular order:
1. Dual head non orbital buffer, then light microfiber
2. Light clay
3. Tire clean
4. Engine clean
5. Waxed all windows
6. Interior clean of carpets then scotchgaurd everywhere
7. Clean then deep condition every leather surface
8. Steam parts of carpet
9. Detail dash and instruments
10. Cleaned all windows

Attached Images      

Last edited by Jace; 02-19-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:27 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
5. Waxed all windows
6. Interior clean of carpets then scotchgaurd everywhere
7. Clean then deep condition every leather surface
8. Steam parts of carpet

Dang! Remind me to do you some major favors some day!

Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
What did you use on the leather?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:29 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's a real teaser Jace. You are killin us ...

Old 02-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
a few more

Attached Images      
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM
and a few more

that's all she wrote
please let me know what you think.

Attached Images     
Old 02-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
What did you use on the leather?
Leatheriq cleaner and conditioner and sonax
Small bristle leather scrub as well as some acetone and some color matched dye on the high driver bolster from my jean marks.

Someone mentioned that cheap jeans leave behind dye coloring.
My levi's actually leave LESS dye which I love.
It's my rock and republics, sevens, or true religions that are $300/pair that leave behind terrible dye, even after one sit in and get out....

Oh well. I don't really care as long as I can always clean and condition and dye if necessary and still having it look brand new. It's when, I can't restore and it starts to look dated that I will be pissed, and probably just sell the car
But if after 17,000 miles on CREAM of I'm good so far with my knowledge of caring for leather, I think I'll be okay in time....

Last edited by Jace; 02-19-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Can you show pics of the bolster that you have issues with? I have what seems like wear on the drivers thigh bolster and bought Leatherique but I may not be using it right... I have the Platinum Gray interior on Meteor Gray exterior.

What steamer do you use?

Last edited by Vyper340; 02-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:44 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Looks great...what are the wheels? Love the look of them, are you happy with how they ride?

Old 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jace
and a few more

that's all she wrote
please let me know what you think.
You Sir are one brave man with that interior and a baby. I salute you!!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Vyper340
Can you show pics of the bolster that you have issues with? I have what seems like wear on the drivers thigh bolster and bought Leatherique but I may not be using it right... I have the Platinum Gray interior on Meteor Gray exterior.

What steamer do you use?
I am not sure the brand of steamer, sorry. It doesn't adjust in temp either like some do, it's just a normal high pressure steamer.

as for the leather bolsters, here ya go.
(if I was doing it PROFESSIONALLY, I would own an air brush and air brush the dye onto the agitated leather areas, but I don't so I use a tiny brush, then after after 48 hours of drying I use a small tooth pick to puncture the small holes for the ventilated seats, and I scuff the area to blend.
These pics are after 24 hours, but after 48 hours, they will be flawless. I have done this 3 times already in the 17,000 miles.

you can see a little shine, that is the clear coat I put on after I cleaned, then dyed, then let dry, then clear coat.

your process should be as follows.
get a leather bristle brush to scrub leather,
use prestine cleaner
those two steps alone should be good on your colors.

because i have the cream, I then use the dye if the leather color is wearing thin, (spray if you can, or brush if you have too)

be careful with the clear coat, it will make shiny, even more noticeable on your color.

Attached Images   

Last edited by Jace; 02-19-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by VinceV
You Sir are one brave man with that interior and a baby. I salute you!!!!
the big cow seat you saw is for my 3 year old, the other side has a seat for my 1 year old

Old 02-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by tex94
Looks great...what are the wheels? Love the look of them, are you happy with how they ride?
they are oz wheels, forget the style. They are my 20 inch winter setup.
This setup give for a more comfortable ride, b/c the tires have more depth, so more rubber, equals more cushy.

I like the look of my turbo 21 wheels, which will be going back on when sumer comes.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Small bristle leather scrub as well as some acetone and some color matched dye on the high driver bolster from my jean marks.

It's my rock and republics, sevens, or true religions that are $300/pair that leave behind terrible dye, even after one sit in and get out....

Oh well. I don't really care as long as I can always clean and condition and dye if necessary and still having it look brand new. It's when, I can't restore and it starts to look dated that I will be pissed, and probably just sell the car
But if after 17,000 miles on CREAM of I'm good so far with my knowledge of caring for leather, I think I'll be okay in time....
Looks great. Nice garage to work in which helps a lot. It's looking worthy of your precious back seat cargos.

Acetone scares me though. I wouldn't think of using it on leather unless it had some substance that only acetone could dissolve. Which Sonax product? I see they have cloths, foam, Xtreme foam, wipes.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM

Regarding the jeans, George from Leatherique suggested the following:

"If you wear alot of jeans, chinos, or course fabrics I would suggest a small Klear Kote for the high wear bolster to keep it protected. We've had quite a bit of problem with dye transfer from the cheaper denims from china transfering indigo dye onto light leather. This permanent transfer is augmented by heated seats."

here's the link for Klear Kote: http://leatherique.org/detail.aspx?ID=18

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My CTT after a lengthy interior and exterior top notch detail.!!! W O W