Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

XM and PCM Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 07:50 AM
jergans is infamous around these parts
XM and PCM Problems

I have a 2012 Cayenne. I picked it up on September 30, 2011, and for the first few months everything was great. At the end of January, the XM intermittently stopped working. Then, XM disappeared entirely from the list of sources.

I took it in for service (Pepe Porsche in White Plains). They said no problem, it just needs a software fix. Within 4 minutes of picking it up, XM disappeared again. Their "fix" didn't solve the problem. Back into the shop it went. I was then told that the entire PCM needed replacing and they'd contact me when a replacement PCM arrived in the shop.

Yesterday my Cayenne went in to have the PCM replaced. They assured me everything was working well and dropped it off at my house. When I got home, I checked. Sure enough, XM was working. Great! But, wait, why can't I hook up my phone? Why does it say, "PHONE NOT AVAILABLE" on the PCM? Did they give me a PCM with no Bluetooth?!?!? Seems they did.

But wait! That's not all! My settings had the speed limit appear in the top line of the mini display...where did that go? And why can't I get the time to appear in the lower right of the PCM display? It's just temperature!

Those idiots replaced my Version 2.41 software with a PCM containing 2.40. A small difference perhaps, but a difference nonetheless. I've read on this forum that the PCM can't be upgraded from 2.4 to 2.41. Guess we'll find out. But either way, this is the fourth time in a month that my car is in the shop rather than with me.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Very sorry to hear this.
Every issue always seems like an annoyance.
In sure it'll be resolved too bad of their ignorance.
Best of luck, let us know.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
jergans is infamous around these parts
It took three days for the service department to receive the appropriate PCM software disk from Porsche North America (why aren't they able to download from a server?). Finally, everything is fixed and back the way it should be. I'm on Software Version 2.44 for what it's worth.

I understand that fixing cars is a tricky business and despite best efforts, it might take more than one time to fix something properly. The errors in my case, I believe, were the results of simply not taking the time to double check things. Those errors are avoidable with just a bit of diligence.