Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

The new Macan...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mark12345
Evoque looks pretty but personally as I understand it, its built on the same chassis as Ford's/Land Rovers CUV platform (Flex, Escape and L2). For that amount of money $55K w/options, I would get a used Cayenne or new BMW.

My wife has a 2011 328 AWD sport wagon. We would get this over before any larger SUV (w/exception to perhaps Meccan).

We like the new X3 as well...ugly, but the driving dynamics and size makes it a perfect city/tourer...
i actually was looking into X3. although it's very nice compared to Q5 or GLK, i wasn't entirely convinced that the price was right (i drove 28, not 30. that may be the reason).

Old 04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Can't wait to see and drive the TT PDK in person.
Might add one to the stable for an around towner if it's appealing.....

Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
you impress me with these news. this is great. i hope (i really hope) TT is priced below cayenne s but i doubt that...(with moderate options of course).

also, i'd think that they will take the NA 3.6L and TT (3.6L TT, not 3.0L TT). was that a typo?
thx
not it´s not a typo, it´s a new 3.0-liter 90-degree TT-V6 engine which will make its debut in the Macan. It was developed in-house at Porsche’s research and development center in Weissach

exterior and interior:

"The Macan is somewhat smaller than the Cayenne, with an overall length of about 4.6m, width of 1.89m and height of 1.65m. That’s about 210mm shorter, 50mm narrower and 40mm lower than its bigger brother.

It will have a modern-looking cabin closely related to the Cayenne’s, complete with trademark features such as the dashboard-mounted starter, sited to the right of the steering wheel on UK models.

With seating for up to five, the Macan is tipped to offer 520 litres of luggage volume, slightly less than an X3 or Q5."

Last edited by catchmyshadow; 04-15-2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by catchmyshadow
thx
not it´s not a typo, it´s a new 3.0-liter 90-degree TT-V6 engine which will make its debut in the Macan. It was developed in-house at Porsche’s research and development center in Weissach

exterior and interior:

"The Macan is somewhat smaller than the Cayenne, with an overall length of about 4.6m, width of 1.89m and height of 1.65m. That’s about 210mm shorter, 50mm narrower and 40mm lower than its bigger brother.

It will have a modern-looking cabin closely related to the Cayenne’s, complete with trademark features such as the dashboard-mounted starter, sited to the right of the steering wheel on UK models.

With seating for up to five, the Macan is tipped to offer 520 litres of luggage volume, slightly less than an X3 or Q5."
now, you don't work for a porsche, do you? smaller than X3 but faster than x3. exciting news for sure!

someone will do cayenne motor swap and TT for sure. this is going to be a one hell of an SUV. i am just crossing fingers for ext/int styling, which porsche never disappoints.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:10 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
now, you don't work for a porsche, do you? smaller than X3 but faster than x3. exciting news for sure!

someone will do cayenne motor swap and TT for sure. this is going to be a one hell of an SUV. i am just crossing fingers for ext/int styling, which porsche never disappoints.

no, but sometimes i think they should consider some ($$$) support, it´s worth it!
back to topics, as you said, the only thing that is worrying me a bit is the exterior. other than that it is a 100% winner!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
When will see this available in theUS? I am in the market in the next year, so Macan TT, Cayenne or pan GTS?

Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by JenK
When will see this available in theUS? I am in the market in the next year, so Macan TT, Cayenne or pan GTS?
I think 2014...I may be wrong though.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Found some new images, the sketch is pretty close to the real deal, not sure if the pic isn't photo-shopped though (lights look "hinky"), I'm pretty sure the Macan won't have the wheels sticking out like that though... nor that they'll be that big or have as little wheel well space!

Attached Images   
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
Found some new images, the sketch is pretty close to the real deal, not sure if the pic isn't photo-shopped though (lights look "hinky"), I'm pretty sure the Macan won't have the wheels sticking out like that though... nor that they'll be that big or have as little wheel well space!
Cool pic!

Just curious... What source are you referencing that says the skech is the read deal or is this just your opinion?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
The sketch (2nd below) is a more refined rendering of the official Porsche sketch used for publicity (1st image below).
It's the only image they've used so far at that... sneaky bastards .

We'll see how closely the actual vehicle will match that sketch but the pics looks like a pretty good approximation.

Cheers!

Attached Images     
Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 PM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Not sure how close any of these are but the tail lights are an improvement from the Cayenne...yet somehow they managed to make the back end uglier despite that!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:21 AM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
I'm in Australia but have just put an order in for one of these (first in the country apparently). I'm surprised PCA don't have more orders for them and details haven't come out yet. It's only about 12 months away from release.

Does anyone have any insight as to when it will debut at a motor show?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:40 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
The sketch (2nd below) is a more refined rendering of the official Porsche sketch used for publicity (1st image below).
It's the only image they've used so far at that... sneaky bastards .

We'll see how closely the actual vehicle will match that sketch but the pics looks like a pretty good approximation.

Cheers!
I am intrigued
Looks sporty and compact,yet the nice wheels on the pics...make my 22s look smaller and even better proportioned

Old 09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
It's been a while since I started this thread... with that said I can inform you guys that there's a ton of pictures out there of the actual "real-life" Macan... and in my personal opinion it sucks!!

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sketches/renderings Porsche used for their marketing... NOTHING!!

I'm disappointed, can ya tell?
The new Macan is a baby Cayenne, like the Q5 is to the Q7...
I put my order for the Cayenne on hold because there's a new "face-lift" version coming next summer (as a 2014 model) but I was really hoping the Macan would be more 991 inspired and have more of a futuristic "rally" look to it... clearly not!

Oh well...

Edit, to 1q2w3e4r (Nick. I believe) just saw your post... uhmmmm ya... looks like I just put my foot in my mouth.
I'm sure you're gonna love your Macan man, don't pay any attention to my opinion.
No disrespect intended!

Cheers!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 09-25-2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r
I'm in Australia but have just put an order in for one of these (first in the country apparently). I'm surprised PCA don't have more orders for them and details haven't come out yet. It's only about 12 months away from release.

Does anyone have any insight as to when it will debut at a motor show?
Probably not many people know about it. Although I love Porsches, I have a feeling that it may be difficult to compete against X3s considering the price point of other Porsche vehicles. It's a perfect commuter car for me in New England!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.