Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

The new Macan...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Psycho Sid
I put my order for the Cayenne on hold because there's a new "face-lift" version coming next summer (as a 2014 model)
Hey Sid, where did you get that from? I heard that the only facelift due for next year is for the Panamera. Cayenne will be more like late 2014 as a 2015 model.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:17 PM
1q2w3e4r is infamous around these parts
It's been a while since I started this thread... with that said I can inform you guys that there's a ton of pictures out there of the actual "real-life" Macan... and in my personal opinion it sucks!!

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the sketches/renderings Porsche used for their marketing... NOTHING!!

I'm disappointed, can ya tell?
The new Macan is a baby Cayenne, like the Q5 is to the Q7...
I put my order for the Cayenne on hold because there's a new "face-lift" version coming next summer (as a 2014 model) but I was really hoping the Macan would be more 991 inspired and have more of a futuristic "rally" look to it... clearly not!

Oh well...

Edit, to 1q2w3e4r (Nick. I believe) just saw your post... uhmmmm ya... looks like I just put my foot in my mouth.
I'm sure you're gonna love your Macan man, don't pay any attention to my opinion.
No disrespect intended!

Cheers!
Hey mate, no offence taken!

I've got a CTT already, I'm actually after a smaller SUV sized car and actually thinking of the Diesel version TBH. I like the dash and interior layout of the Panamera/Cayenne and have been told it will likely be the same setup.

Think it'll have to be black though, don't imagine it's going to be the best looking car in white/silver etc!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Did some research right after I ordered the Cayenne because I had a bad experience paying full price for an E class Benz only to find out 12 months later there was a brand new generation in the showroom (dropping the value on my Benz like a rock)... needles to say I was pissed!

Anyway... after I placed my order/deposit for the Cayenne and the 991 C4S I found out that Porsche was coming out with a face-lift (google), got the "powers too be" together at the dealer and in my most imposing manner (hehehe) told them they'd have a one VERY pissed off customer if after a YEAR of waiting (delivery 2013 spring/summer) a "new" Cayenne would be released (ooooh the drama )... there was a moment of pause and in stereo they said "don't buy it!".
We all had laugh... but I pulled my order.

Since then I've found out that the 2014 Cayenne (released the end of 2013) will have a face-lift to match the design of the Macan...

Yeezzz how come my posts always end up being so damn long...

Cheers!
Holy crap, now I am pissed with my dealer! Thanks for the update.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Did some research right after I ordered the Cayenne because I had a bad experience paying full price for an E class Benz only to find out 12 months later there was a brand new generation in the showroom (dropping the value on my Benz like a rock)... needles to say I was pissed!

Anyway... after I placed my order/deposit for the Cayenne and the 991 C4S I found out that Porsche was coming out with a face-lift (google), got the "powers too be" together at the dealer and in my most imposing manner (hehehe) told them they'd have a one VERY pissed off customer if after a YEAR of waiting (delivery 2013 spring/summer) a "new" Cayenne would be released (ooooh the drama )... there was a moment of pause and in stereo they said "don't buy it!".
We all had laugh... but I pulled my order.

Since then I've found out that the 2014 Cayenne (released the end of 2013) will have a face-lift to match the design of the Macan...

Yeezzz how come my posts always end up being so damn long...

Cheers!
So it will mostly performance differences between Macan and Cayenne if Cayenne follows Macan's styling. V6TT Macan vs V8NA Cayenne will be an interesting comparison. Looking forward to this. (Although V6TT most likely won't be available until couple years of production of Macan...)

Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
So it will mostly performance differences between Macan and Cayenne if Cayenne follows Macan's styling. V6TT Macan vs V8NA Cayenne will be an interesting comparison. Looking forward to this. (Although V6TT most likely won't be available until couple years of production of Macan...)
Yeah I imagine it will be very much like the Audi Q5 vs Q7 (with the higher Porsche performance standard of course).
I'm curious to see if the difference between pre and post facelift will be as significant as with the first generation of the Cayenne...

Seems like there's a lot going on over the next few years at Porsche...
The new 991 C4/S, Turbo, GT3, Cayman, Macan, 918 and the Facelift Cayenne & Panamera (incl. a coupe and possibly cab version)...
Oh lets not forget the Ferrari 458 "fighter" which will be build on the Audi R8/Lambo Gallardo platform and slotted between the 918 and the Turbo 991.

But at the same time Porsche has stated that they will reduce production (starting next year) because of the decline in sale in the EU and China...
Guess that 9 to 12 month wait for the Cayenne will become even longer!!!

Cheers!

Edit, I forgot to mention the imminent release of the Panamera STATION WAGON!!! WTF... welcome to the age of VW!

Last edited by Psycho Sid; 09-26-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !Psycho Sid Is a GOD !
Well it looks like I'm going to end up eating some crow...
It actually looks pretty damn good ... for a "station wagon", guess that's why they called it the "Sport Turismo"!

Cheers!

Old 09-27-2012, 01:13 AM
^^^ If the facelifted Panamera looks like this, I already know which my next car will be.

Old 09-27-2012, 12:32 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
It actually looks pretty damn good ... for a "station wagon", guess that's why they called it the "Sport Turismo"!
Its not too much of a stretch to change the roofline a bit and get the familiar station wagon proportions. It will probably be better received than the controversial looks of when the Panamera first showed up. How successful it will be is questionable since Benz E-class station wagons don't sell that well and the their Shooting Brake isn't even coming to the US.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers!

Never been a wagon person but this...I can digest. It must be a Porsche since I am liking it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.