Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne S on the vessel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
M3Wes is infamous around these partsM3Wes is infamous around these parts
2012 Cayenne S on the vessel

I placed an order for a 2012 Cayenne S on February 3rd. It completed production on March 8th and is currently on The Glorious Express which departed Emden on March 17th. It is scheduled to arrive on March 31st at Cristobal Panama and then on to San Diego arriving on April 15th where it will be unloaded. I am anxiously awaiting delivery to my dealership in Northern California.

I ordered Meteor Grey with Black interior. Options include the Premium Package Plus, Bose Audio Package, Anthracite Interior Birch Package and 19-inch Cayenne Design II wheels with color Porsche crest.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:49 PM
ColoradoCayenne is infamous around these parts
Congrats. The waiting isn't fun, however it makes picking up your new Cayenne much more fun!

My Cayenne arrived at the dealership 7 days after it arrived in port (Houston to Denver), just to give you an idea how long it can take.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Congrats. What dealer did you order thru?

Old 03-20-2012, 02:29 PM
The order was placed through Niello Porsche in Rocklin.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:28 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by M3Wes
I placed an order for a 2012 Cayenne S on February 3rd. It completed production on March 8th and is currently on The Glorious Express which departed Emden on March 17th. It is scheduled to arrive on March 31st at Cristobal Panama and then on to San Diego arriving on April 15th where it will be unloaded. I am anxiously awaiting delivery to my dealership in Northern California.

I ordered Meteor Grey with Black interior. Options include the Premium Package Plus, Bose Audio Package, Anthracite Interior Birch Package and 19-inch Cayenne Design II wheels with color Porsche crest.
Fun! My 991 is on the same boat. Where did you get the arrival info from?
Here she is departing from Southampton where she stopped on route to Panama:

Old 03-20-2012, 04:39 PM
chancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to beholdchancludo is a splendid one to behold
Update: Port of San Diego has her come in on 4/13: http://www.sdmis.org/schedule/

Old 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM
I was looking at the new 991 a few days ago. Beautiful automobile. My last Porsche was a 2007 997 Turbo. It was quite nice, but Porsche has made some incredible improvements in the 991. Thank you for the video. That is one impressive vessel. Excellent news regarding the Glorious Express arriving in San Diego on April 13th. My dealership provided me with the April 15th arrival date. I tracked it on marinetraffic.com leaving Southampton yesterday but it loses the ability to track when it is farther than 50 miles from shore. What date do you show it arriving in Panama?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
At least it doesn't need to go via north east Africa. Some pirates may try to hi-jack. :-)

Old 03-20-2012, 07:19 PM
I've run across 3/31 08:30 on several sites. Will probably be updated as the vessel approaches. IF it makes it past the Bermuda triangle, that is

Old 03-20-2012, 08:22 PM
I just confirmed with my dealer that the vessel is due to arrive in San Diego on the 13th. Porsche shows the 15th as the time when it is unloaded and inspected.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Nice! 13th is better than 15th

And don't forget to watch http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html on the 31st!

Yeah, I test-drove the 991 and it's pretty amazing. Plus the interior appeals to the wife...

Old 03-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Update: she's just passing the Azores. As we speak. But only doing 14 knots... Needs more pepper in her butt!

Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
Are you using FleetMon.com to track?

Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Actually, no, I just google '"Glorious Express" vessel' and click the first link that pops up I think I saw it on maritimeinfo.com.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 AM
I was hoping to track the Glorious Express through the Panama Canal and up the west coast to San Diego but the position has not been updated since the 29th. I believe that it should have already arrived in Cristobal Panama but I can't find it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 Cayenne S on the vessel