Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Painted everything on the S....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:02 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Painted everything on the S....

I decided to make some exterior changes to my 2012 S. We added gloss black mirror stalks, gloss black rear wing, gloss black rear hatch strip, aluminum front and rear skid plates, the extended wheel arches (smoothed and painted), and finally painted all the lower moldings in body color. Im still running my 20 inch winter wheels but should have my new 21's on fairly soon. Iphone pic for now. I'll shoot some DSLR images soon.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Need more pictures! Any mods? Looks like you got exhaust(?) (I've yet to see a stock Cayenne S with that exhaust).

Old 04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Really nice changes.
Did you consider the rear hatch strip in body color? Not sure if it it would be better to make it disappear or bring it fully out the way you did it. The gloss black rear wing is kinda cool. I would have automatically done it to match the body, but the black is nice too.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:03 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Enilder
Need more pictures! Any mods? Looks like you got exhaust(?) (I've yet to see a stock Cayenne S with that exhaust).
Mods are pretty simple for now:

Brembo big brake kit (yellow calipers) front and rear
Custom 2nd cat deletes
Turbo front bumper conversion
painted lowers and extended arches
and soon a new exhaust system and (hopefully) tune.
21 inch Challenge Motorwerks forged wheels should be here any day.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by vitaman
Really nice changes.
Did you consider the rear hatch strip in body color? Not sure if it it would be better to make it disappear or bring it fully out the way you did it. The gloss black rear wing is kinda cool. I would have automatically done it to match the body, but the black is nice too.
I thought about body color...but I think it would just disappear as you said....i'd rather just remove it completely. When we took off the stock wing in favor of the gloss black...I decided to have my guys paint it white. When its done we'll see which looks better. Im also having the emblems painted white with the S logo painted gloss black.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:10 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I would love to see pics.

Pretty sure when I replace my Turbo, will do an S or GTS. Hard to justify Turbo price with the Ferrari now. Would do like you TT, and switch bumper out to Turbo bumper. Much more masculine IMHO.

Got Vorsteiner 21inch wheels coming for the Turbo in about 2 weeks. Finished in carbon.

J

Old 04-08-2012, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
I would love to see pics.

Pretty sure when I replace my Turbo, will do an S or GTS. Hard to justify Turbo price with the Ferrari now. Would do like you TT, and switch bumper out to Turbo bumper. Much more masculine IMHO.

Got Vorsteiner 21inch wheels coming for the Turbo in about 2 weeks. Finished in carbon.

J
I think we need to swap rides.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of

We keep on talking about that don't we?

Don't get me wrong. Feel very fortunate to own my Turbo. Just, with the availability of tunes, exhaust, etc. I don't know if I need the extra HP of the Turbo engine with the extra price.

I could equally equip a S, get the bumper and a tune and probably be about 40k in my pocket. That could go towards my Spider in 2013...

I wouldn't have said that before, but drove a buddy's S and was very surprised about the pep and pickup of the NA. Now, nothing pulls like the Turbo once you get above 2000 RPM, but for everyday driving and highway I don't know that I need it.

Must be getting old...Wouldn't have said that too long ago.

J

Old 04-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Okay... Maybe I was smoking crack. Apparently, my savings was only 13k equally equipped. Probably staying with the Turbo...

J

Old 04-08-2012, 11:53 AM
dimok is infamous around these parts
Looks nice!
Where did you get those exhaust tips? Also what is the brend of your 20" winter wheels? They look good.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 PM

Wheels are 20X9 VW wheels with custom center caps.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:31 AM
How's the break dust from the break kit upgrade?

J

Old 04-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
How's the break dust from the break kit upgrade?

J

A bit better than the OEM pads/brakes.

Old 04-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
How did they do your front bumper conversion without losing the DRL? My dealer told me this was impossible unless I changed to the Turbo headlights also..

Old 05-14-2012, 04:45 AM
adiliyoo is infamous around these parts
Need pictures!)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painted everything on the S....