Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Window Tint for Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 08:32 AM
dimok is infamous around these parts
Window Tint for Cayenne

I want to tint windows on my Cayenne in a way that front windows would match rears. I am considering Huper Optic vs Llumar airblue ceramic tints that, according to what I researched, are high end films that will dissipate the heat. I would be interested to find out what kind of tints fellow forum members installed and how does it look (pics).
Also, any advice on a quality shop in tri-state (NY, NJ, CT) area would be appreciated!

Old 04-22-2012, 07:12 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Had Huper Optic on my last car. It looked good and was at least somewhat effective against the heat. Main problem was that the tint shop stuck to the legal limit on the front windows so they were always lighter than the rest of the car. That had something to do with diminished heat reflection and of course a diminished look!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:15 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
I think the heat issue will not be that different between films. But most important is to find a film that will match. I asked the shop to cut small pieces of different films and stuck on the window to see how they match. Most 20% will be darker than the back. I prefer them to be the same but definitely avoid front darker than back. Some films will have different color or reflection from OEM in the back. I ended up with a lumar film at 35%. Good luck.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:22 AM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan
I think the heat issue will not be that different between films. But most important is to find a film that will match. I asked the shop to cut small pieces of different films and stuck on the window to see how they match. Most 20% will be darker than the back. I prefer them to be the same but definitely avoid front darker than back. Some films will have different color or reflection from OEM in the back. I ended up with a lumar film at 35%. Good luck.
Does the 35% Lumar match the factory rears? And is it a little lighter or same shade?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Heat blockage is very different between different films. Many shops have this rig where different films is placed under a red heat lamp. With ceramic type of films you almost feel no heat, even when the film is very lightly tinted. On the other hand, a cheaper dye film will allow heat to pass through even if it's 5% limo tint.

I think the factory tint has around 40% light transmission, but then again that differs between different brand of films. I like Trovan's idea of having them put on test pieces of films. I just went 20% all the way around because I wanted the privacy.

My shop used these "Winco" films which has a slight blue hue when viewed from inside, but completely black from the outside. It has some of the higheset IR blockage ratings (96% or something).

Last edited by steph280; 04-23-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by trovan
Trovan,

Could you please post a pic of your car? What type of Llumar film did you use? I spoke to one high end tint shop and the owner told me that if I want to do ceramic, then in order for me to match the rears, I will have to have 2 layers of film in the front and 1 in the back. I don't want to do that. Then he told me that I will have to put Llumar standard film (Non ceramic, I don't know the type) on the fronts to match the rears. Does your front matches the rear?

Last edited by dimok; 04-24-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
check a previous thread of mine where I talked about the tint, gave you specifics on the 5 I went through and then my final decision based on 100% identical all around.

I cant find the link, but search.

Main this that will matter is if you have insulated glass, that makes a normal tint that would match, NOT match.

good luck.

Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
check a previous thread of mine where I talked about the tint, gave you specifics on the 5 I went through and then my final decision based on 100% identical all around.

I cant find the link, but search.

Main this that will matter is if you have insulated glass, that makes a normal tint that would match, NOT match.

good luck.
Jace, that looks great!
Do you have insulated glass? I don't. Do you remember what brand and % did you get?

Old 04-24-2012, 04:48 PM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
I used f1 tint 20 % and looks like factory

Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by ferraristyle
I used f1 tint 20 % and looks like factory
ferraristyle, where did u do your tint? What brand of film did they use?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dimok
Jace, that looks great!
Do you have insulated glass? I don't. Do you remember what brand and % did you get?
I have insulated glass which makes it hard to match perfectly bc of the purplish color.
I went 18% on front and 28% on rear.
AWWS or something like that was the brand.
Lifetime warranty non metallic. Original owners of suntek started their own company this one.
Same great quality.

Without insulated, most brands work perfectly with look from inside out and outside in.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
This is what we use

- 98.5% of IR blockage even at just 65% vlt (visible light transmission)

http://www.prestige-films.com/auto_photosync.shtml

Here's our own test:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3539003

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com