Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Kinda of peculiar regarding new car license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:17 PM
ApeKillApe is infamous around these parts
Kinda of peculiar regarding new car license plate

Hi,

I took delivery of my new Cayenne in the early April, which according to the dealership arrived on 3rd of April. Today I received my new plate in the usual yellow plate envelope but it was mailed from the dealership. Just wonder what gives? I mean is this unusual? thank you.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:09 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Yes. Did you check your pink slip to see what address was on there? If you financed, did you do it via the dealership?

Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 PM
I financed via the dealership with my bank so no pink slip. It came in the usually DMV manila envelope with USPS First Class Mail sticker affixed to the envelope, with my name and address printed in the Ship To box. Above my info, somone's name from the Dealership and the dealership's address is printed. I backtracked the envelope, it was first processed in the Santa Clarita USPS sorting center (91383), which is approx. 80 miles from the dealership. Technically it was not forwarded from dealership. it was mailed on the April 19 from 91301 zip code and it arrived in my mailbox on the 20th. Should I be concern abou this? I thought it usually takes at least a month in California to receive a new car's license plate. Thank you.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:51 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Not unusual, when you purchase the car you have an option of having the dealership electronically submit the paperwork to DMV which takes less time and you get your plates faster. There is a fee of $28 which is usually added. Otherwise the paperwork is physically sent in and it can takes several weeks to several months this is free of charge.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Thank you for the explanation. I just found it strange that the package was not sent from Sacramento (not DMV's headquarters but from a remote area) and did not receive the new car registration card. Instead it's the DMV registration paper that we usually get when we pay at the local AAA - a DMV printout.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
I don't understand all the ins and outs and it may vary by State, but having the Dealer do mine saved my a significant amount of ad valorem tax.