Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DanZah
Could someone please give insight into a new Porsche experience owner (CTT):
1. What is GIAC software and what does it do / enhance / or replace?
2. Does it replace the current version Porsche vehicle software in the Cayenne?
3. Does the Porsche warranty stay intact and valid if GIAC is installed?
4. How much does it enhance performance, speed, or other metrics?
Thank you.
1. GIAC software is a complete DME recalibration. We recalibrate boost pressures, timing maps, air fuel ratios, torque requests, speed limiters to increase horsepower and torque, as well as, improve drivability across the entire powerband. Additionally, we offer switchable modes to give you more options for what you want to do with the car. Unlike other options for the platform, our calibration does not mask sensor inputs with resistance changes allowing us to retain safeties that are built into the DME in the event of hardware failure or long, high stress situations that might heatsoak the vehicle. In situations like this, power can be reduced just like it would be with a factory calibration in the DME.

2.) Our software is a complete overwrite that will replace the existing software in your DME. Though, we use the specific version of software in your DME as a base to write our performance file. We do not use a generic base.

3.) Currently, installing a GIAC software upgrade in your CTT will not automatically void your warranty. However, I would feel out how strict your dealer is when it comes to modifications. Also, check with your dealer to see if they are a GIAC dealer. We have a very large amount of dealers in the US that sell our software. You can PM me, if you would like me to check for you as we do not list OEMs on our dealer map.

4.) Power gains are noted in the dyno chart above. The speed limiter is raised to redline in the final drive gear. In terms of acceleration improvements, I hope to be vbox testing a Cayenne turbo both stock and flashed in the near future.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:49 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Just got my CT back with the GIAC tune
My service advisor was away on family business this weekend,which is why there was a delay
He more than made up for it today,by quickly getting my car ready and on top of that,he gave me a great deal on some Champion 22s
He knew i was thinking of bigger rims,so he had some ready for me to check out:and after putting them side by side with my 20s,there did not seem to be that much less tire and I thought theses Champion RG5Bs looked real hot
I only drove around town and in traffic,so I was not able to feel the full effect of either the 22s or the Giac tune
However,my initial impressions are positive
Power delivery seems more immediate and smooth at the same time
Steering and handling are tighter:feels more like it's"on rails"
Driving to Miami this weekend,so I will have the opportunity to experience the added performance
I look forward to it,as well as sharing my impressions afterwards
http://Name:  IMG_0366.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  136.3 KB

Last edited by pepper09tt; 05-14-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
^^^ looks awesome!!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
^^^ looks awesome!!
Tom, I'm picking up my Cayenne Turbo on 5/18 in Leipzig. Mike Peters handled the sale. I'd like your thoughts on the GIAC software. Please PM me if you have a moment on cost/benefit or any other options from Champion.

Thanks.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
^^^ looks awesome!!
Thanks to you
Love the wheels!They enhance the look of my CT in the best way:more massive and agressive but in an elegantly sporty manner
The ride is just as comfy,but firmer and crisper..which should help me make the most of my Giac tune
So far,the boost seems to build up faster but with a more even and smoother delivery
I look forward to seeing how it continues to build and holds at high speed and how much more I can now eek out of my pepper

Old 05-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
Any pics or instructions on DME removal?

Austin - what is the controller that "returns to stock" in the event it needs to go to the dealer and not have them find the upgrade?

Old 05-16-2012, 09:02 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Before just selling my 2011 CTT, I had my ecu tune and bypass pipes removed. The result is that the car is not much slower around town driving (0-50mph) but it does have much more turbo lag. At freeway speeds the car is so much slower when you go WOT, it really feels like it lost 100hp/tq. Also the exhaust note is so quiet and boring now. Was not fun to drive in stock form the last few days.
The fact that we can take a CTT and transform it into a 600hp monster at less then 4k is amazing.

Looking forward to more impressions from you Pepper about the power increase. And did you get bypass pipes?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Adam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud ofAdam Bowles has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
My service advisor was away on family business this weekend,which is why there was a delay
He more than made up for it today,by quickly getting my car ready and on top of that,he gave me a great deal on some Champion 22s
He knew i was thinking of bigger rims,so he had some ready for me to check out:and after putting them side by side with my 20s,there did not seem to be that much less tire and I thought theses Champion RG5Bs looked real hot
I only drove around town and in traffic,so I was not able to feel the full effect of either the 22s or the Giac tune
Driving to Miami this weekend,so I will have the opportunity to experience the added performance
http://

Looks AWESOME, congrats!! Makes me think I need a set of those bad boys.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:43 AM
dsmarks is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Before just selling my 2011 CTT, I had my ecu tune and bypass pipes removed. The result is that the car is not much slower around town driving (0-50mph) but it does have much more turbo lag. At freeway speeds the car is so much slower when you go WOT, it really feels like it lost 100hp/tq. Also the exhaust note is so quiet and boring now. Was not fun to drive in stock form the last few days.
The fact that we can take a CTT and transform it into a 600hp monster at less then 4k is amazing.

Looking forward to more impressions from you Pepper about the power increase. And did you get bypass pipes?
Are you selling your bypass pipes and software?

Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Panguard is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vyper340

Austin - what is the controller that "returns to stock" in the event it needs to go to the dealer and not have them find the upgrade?
Not sure if the dealer can detect it when "switching" to stock but here's the controller you're talking about:

And they made an Android/smartphone compatible one too (should work on my/your car):

Old 05-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
http://
She should go as good as she looks! Nice!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Vyper340

I will check with our tech to see if he documented it. Though, it's not difficult to remove at all.

The stock mode and switcher are included with the software. The above videos show how our options work for it. (thanks for posting them!) Being that the software is still installed in the DME when in "stock" mode, there is no guarantee that a dealer won't find the software if they are really looking for it. That said, we haven't had any issues with Porsche dealers to date. As noted, previously, we have a very large amount of OEM dealers that actually sell our software in-house. This is a testament to our balance of large, repeatable power gains and safety.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dsmarks
Are you selling your bypass pipes and software?
My local installer said that he has a buyer for my tune. And he is trying to get more copies made of my bypass pipes since they are not being produced anymore and many people are interested in them, per him. He says that he will most likely have a buyer for them in a month but if he does not, I will let you know. I think fabspeed might still be making them. I definitley think that bypass pipes at around $600 is much better then spending over 5k on a full exhaust.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 PM
I am enjoying my GIAC software more and more every day
I love how my CT has less lag and more boost
Feels great,thanks

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor
I am enjoying my GIAC software more and more every day
I love how my CT has less lag and more boost
Feels great,thanks
Thank you for the feedback! Enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!