Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Greg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the rough
Besides it will make less hp/tq with 91 CA craptane, how safe is it with 91??

Last edited by Greg-TT; 06-01-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Greg-TT
Besides it will make less hp/tq with 91 CA craptane, how safe is it with 91??
It will be perfectly safe. We calibrate natively on California 91 octane and have rock solid maps for the fuel we are stuck with out here. Where in CA are you located?

Old 06-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Greg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the roughGreg-TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
It will be perfectly safe. We calibrate natively on California 91 octane and have rock solid maps for the fuel we are stuck with out here. Where in CA are you located?
Austin, I think we met before. I used have modded white GTR and you tuned my friend's 997.2 Turbo S (white one) about a year ago. I'm from Irvine and I'll swing by your place sometime this week to have GIAC installed and talk to you about MP4.

Thanks,
Gregory

Last edited by Greg-TT; 06-04-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Austin, I think we met before. I used have modded white GTR and you tuned my friend's 997.2 Turbo S (white one) about a year ago. I'm from Irvine and I'll swing by your place sometime this week to have GIAC installed and talk to you about MP4.

Thanks,
Gregory
Used to?! That thing was a monster from what I've heard. You definitely have a suitable replacement, though!

Awesome! I will see you soon. Give me a heads up when you are looking to come in and I can see about strapping it down on the dyno for you to get some numbers, before and after.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Thanks, I'm happy with the replacement but I still miss the GTR. How about this Fri June 8th morning sounds? If not, please let me know when you can schedule me in.

Thanks,
Gregory
949-356-2200

Used to?! That thing was a monster from what I've heard. You definitely have a suitable replacement, though!

Awesome! I will see you soon. Give me a heads up when you are looking to come in and I can see about strapping it down on the dyno for you to get some numbers, before and after.

Old 06-07-2012, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks, I'm happy with the replacement but I still miss the GTR. How about this Fri June 8th morning sounds? If not, please let me know when you can schedule me in.

Thanks,
Gregory
949-356-2200
Had Greg-TT's Cayenne in for some testing today. I will post the numbers as soon as I have a chance to show them to him!

Last edited by Andrew@GIAC; 06-07-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor
Well, that was quick. He had a chance to see them.

This car is 100% stock with a stage 1 flash.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Nice numbers,thanks for sharing
I wonder how much more I am making on 93 with Bmc filters/Tubi
Love the feeling of the extra boost when I give it a little gas

Old 07-03-2012, 06:38 PM
littodevil is infamous around these parts
Am I missing something or.. is the dyno sheet on the 91 octane showing higher HP gain over the 93 octane on the first post?.. I've been looking at it for quite some time and.. didn't want to sound stupid but I can't figure it out.. I assume higher octane would allow more boost.. pressure etc and more power.. someone enlighten me please!

Larry

Old 07-03-2012, 06:57 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Ok I tried skimming through the last 5 pages but I didn't see anything. Has anyone done any track work to get 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers? I'd be interested to see how much of a difference this makes in those numbers. Either way, I'm blown away that you can get this beast any more powerful. I find that I hit highway speeds much too fast as I'm getting onto the highway. I guess I just need to get it to a track one day.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by No.92
Ok I tried skimming through the last 5 pages but I didn't see anything. Has anyone done any track work to get 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers? I'd be interested to see how much of a difference this makes in those numbers. Either way, I'm blown away that you can get this beast any more powerful. I find that I hit highway speeds much too fast as I'm getting onto the highway. I guess I just need to get it to a track one day.
We would love to collect the data. Unfortunately, we do not have an in-house test vehicle.

Where in California are you located?

Old 07-05-2012, 05:17 PM
onurleft is infamous around these parts
Great gains guys, turning these cars into absolute monsters!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by littodevil
Am I missing something or.. is the dyno sheet on the 91 octane showing higher HP gain over the 93 octane on the first post?.. I've been looking at it for quite some time and.. didn't want to sound stupid but I can't figure it out.. I assume higher octane would allow more boost.. pressure etc and more power.. someone enlighten me please!

Larry
You're not missing anything. We found that these cars are very picky with intake temperatures on the dyno and were careful to make sure that there was adequate air flow across the intercoolers and radiator. This was something that we were only able to investigate when testing in-house. Further, the 93 octane testing was done in south florida, which isn't particularly cool.

Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
We would love to collect the data. Unfortunately, we do not have an in-house test vehicle.

Where in California are you located?
I'm in San Jose, CA.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
dsmarks is infamous around these parts
Check engine lights? Your car shouldn't have any lights, unless there is a legitimate issue with it. Did you go through Momentum or Autodynamica?
Momentum is who did the flash. I would still like info on upgrades for the 958tt as mine is still stock aside from 9500ci with the display in the mirror.

Daniel

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!