Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 05:09 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Interesting,thanks for the suggestion Z
Will talk to my sa about it
I am just concerned about possible CELs...

Old 08-12-2012, 05:15 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Interesting,thanks for the suggestion Z
Will talk to my sa about it
I am just concerned about possible CELs...
Good question. There are no CEL's or resonance whatsoever.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:29 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Newman
Austin - who in the Connecticut area can install your software on 2011 Cayenne TT? Thanks.
All 958 DMEs must be sent here to GIAC for programming. I will shoot you a PM with some options.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jace
Anything to simulate quicker shift speeds like the PDK or similar?
Wish faster shifts were an option.
Faster shifts would require a transmission reflash.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Faster shifts would require a transmission reflash.
Hi Austin
Thanks again for putting out such a wonderful product that helps the CT be all it can be
What might a transmission reflash be?Could you please elaborate?
Cheers

Old 08-14-2012, 12:43 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
I think it is .7 bar
Love how it builds up faster and when you keep accelerating,how it hits you harder
Amazing how the CT effortlessly handles and puts down the added power
So much so,that I believe it could easily deal with more...
Just messing around yesterday while driving home and I didn't push it that hard, but I saw it go up to 0.8 bar and I think there was more room for harder acceleration. So, dunno, maybe the ECU upgrade goes even higher than 1.2 bar?

Old 08-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by No.92
Just messing around yesterday while driving home and I didn't push it that hard, but I saw it go up to 0.8 bar and I think there was more room for harder acceleration. So, dunno, maybe the ECU upgrade goes even higher than 1.2 bar?
Possibly,I have no idea
For performance comparisons,numbers taken out of context are of limited use anyway..
When I brought my CT to be dynoed right after I had my DME flashed,I did it purely for"****s and giggles" as Austin Powers would say..
What is real to me is how the car drives and feels
I now find my CT's power delivery to be:quicker,longer and stronger

Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Possibly,I have no idea
For performance comparisons,numbers taken out of context are of limited use anyway..
When I brought my CT to be dynoed right after I had my DME flashed,I did it purely for"****s and giggles" as Austin Powers would say..
What is real to me is how the car drives and feels
I now find my CT's power delivery to be:quicker,longer and stronger
One question that I've been thinking about a lot is, do you think your CTT is now faster than a 991 S? And when I say faster, I mean strictly 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.

Last edited by No.92; 08-14-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by No.92
One question that I've been thinking about a lot is, do you think your CTT is now faster than a 991 S? And when I say faster, I mean strictly 0-60 and 1/4 mile times.
I would not mind finding out ...
I have not driven the new 991s yet,which I will schedule next week along with a drive of the GTS

Old 08-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
I have a 991S as well as a Cayenne Turbo. The 991 is faster is straight out sprints than the Cayenne and and I am much more comfortable hitting corners hard with it; however that being said, I enjoy the Cayenne Turbo ever bit as much as the 991. Living in Connecticut, if I had to choose just one car it would probably be the Cayenne! That surprised me after I got the Cayenne, it's a great car.

With the reprogrammed DME, the Cayenne may be very close in acceleration to the 991S - I may find out if I go with the GIAC programming.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I have a 991S as well as a Cayenne Turbo. The 991 is faster is straight out sprints than the Cayenne and and I am much more comfortable hitting corners hard with it; however that being said, I enjoy the Cayenne Turbo ever bit as much as the 991. Living in Connecticut, if I had to choose just one car it would probably be the Cayenne! That surprised me after I got the Cayenne, it's a great car.

With the reprogrammed DME, the Cayenne may be very close in acceleration to the 991S - I may find out if I go with the GIAC programming.
Well, here's to hoping you get the programming then and letting us all know.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:42 PM
I would not mind finding out ...
I have not driven the new 991s yet,which I will schedule next week along with a drive of the GTS
Cool. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 AM

Especially with the PDK,I expect the 991s to be faster off the line and due to less weight and much lower center of gravity,there is no comparison possible in the twisties
I tracked my CT on Porsche's Leipzig track for 2 days during driving school
I was the only Cayenne in a group of C4s,where I felt it more than held its own on long sweeping turns and coming out of them,as well as accelerating down the straits afterwards...but was naturally far less nimble through the tight s turns)
I used to have a 997tts as well,but decided I only wanted one car..and the CT won
While it does not have its brute force acceleration,but then again so very few cars on the road do,it satisfies my desire for a fun,fast and comfy ride..and to me represents a total automotive package
So,thank you Newman for summing up the difference between the 2 and how wonderful it feels to drive a CT and is the ride you would chose if you were to have only one
Name:  DSC00046.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  282.8 KB
Name:  DSC00271.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  103.6 KB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00046.jpg (282.8 KB, 18 views)
DSC00271.jpg (103.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by pepper09tt; 08-15-2012 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
What a great experience - might be worth the delay to take a European delivery on my next car and run it at the Leipzig track for a couple of days. Recently did the Porsche World Roadshow up in Monticello (NY) with my wife, it was a lot of fun but only about three laps in a 991, 991S and a Panamera, a very short slalom in Cayenne and finally a three lap autocross in the new Boxster S.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Test drove the GTS today
Almost as quick off the line,shifts smoother,revs nicely..but then plateaus quickly..silly me,kept waiting for the boost
Nicely put together,in a tastefully sporty package
Name:  pgts.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  315.7 KB
Name:  pgts2.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  276.8 KB

Attached Images
pgts.jpg (315.7 KB, 14 views)
pgts2.jpg (276.8 KB, 15 views)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!