Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Like your wheels much better than the Turbo II

Old 08-19-2012, 08:58 PM
amablemiguel is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Ok, thanks will check with Champion Motors.

Also, I added the Fabspeed Secondary CatBypass and the Fabspeed Maxflow Exhaust are on their way. Do i have to notify about this options since the ECU flash is for stock cayenne with no mods? or is that ok?

Also thinking on this for my 2011 TT Cayenne
http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Ca...tercooler.html
http://www.supersprintna.com/product...arch_model/375

Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Hi,I would recommend Champion Porsche in Pompano,about 30 miles north
They tested the tune on a CT before it was released
You can definitely feel the difference after the flash,with less lag and quicker power delivery.Max boost is up to 1.2 bar

Old 08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by amablemiguel
Ok, thanks will check with Champion Motors.

Also, I added the Fabspeed Secondary CatBypass and the Fabspeed Maxflow Exhaust are on their way. Do i have to notify about this options since the ECU flash is for stock cayenne with no mods? or is that ok?

Also thinking on this for my 2011 TT Cayenne
http://www.fvd.de/us/en/Porsche-0/Ca...tercooler.html
http://www.supersprintna.com/product...arch_model/375
I believe I was going to use FVD for everything, from intercoolers, to tuning, to boring out turbos, etc.
great company I've heard.

park place porsche dallas TX recommended all this to me.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:28 AM
littodevil is infamous around these parts
Talking

Originally Posted by Austin@GIAC
Faster shifts would require a transmission reflash.
Is this an available option for the cayenne? If it is can you PM me the price of it? ..

Also.. hmm I'm very new to the Porsche world.. my CTT is currently schedule to be finish built on Sept 25th.. but the DME.. that's the ECU correct?..

Larry

Old 08-23-2012, 09:17 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
New to Porsche and getting a CT in a month?...Oooooooh
You are going to adore it
Love love love mine more n more every day,especially with the GIAC app installed
I will let knowledgeable peeps describe the dme
The dealership will have to remove it and then send it to GIAC for programming
Should take less than a week
Totally worth the wait and every penny
Ps:I am curious about the "transmission reflash" as well

Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by littodevil
Is this an available option for the cayenne? If it is can you PM me the price of it? ..

Also.. hmm I'm very new to the Porsche world.. my CTT is currently schedule to be finish built on Sept 25th.. but the DME.. that's the ECU correct?..

Larry
Answer us yes, see Wikipedia link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_control_unit

Also see - http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site_5/The_DME.html

Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the link! So it is the ECU basically..

Pepper, it's built by that date but I wont get it here in San Francisco til the beginning of the second week of Nov so I was told ;( It was actually suppose to be a 3 month wait since they pulled some strings and altered a dealer order and changed it to mines when it was already a locked order by Porsche.. but due to the factory taking a vacation in Aug, it got pushed back a month so now it's the typical 4 month lead time.. heh not complaining though .. Got what I wanted and closed deal in 20 mins on my birthday ..

Sorry, back on topic .. awaiting response on transmission remap if there is one.. I know transmission remaps exist since I had one done on my turbocharged smart car lol..

Larry

Old 10-03-2012, 03:17 AM
jb111 is infamous around these parts
any idea where the dme is placed?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !

Larry
We don't have any plans for transmission software at the moment. DME=Digital motor electronics, which is just a different term for engine control unit.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM
Former Vendor
Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !Andrew@GIAC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jb111
any idea where the dme is placed?
It is in the tray behind the engine. On U.S. vehicles it is on the passenger's side, if memory serves.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !

Larry
Larry,
I sold my CTT, and have the sharkwerks bypass pipes for it. PM me if your interested in buying them. They add 30hp/tq and cause a significant reduction in turbo lag. They also add a nice grumble to the V8 exhaust note.
Definitley get the ecu tune also. With the two mods you should be well over 600hp.
Enjoy your new CTT.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Larry,
I sold my CTT, and have the sharkwerks bypass pipes for it. PM me if your interested in buying them. They add 30hp/tq and cause a significant reduction in turbo lag. They also add a nice grumble to the V8 exhaust note.
Definitley get the ecu tune also. With the two mods you should be well over 600hp.
Enjoy your new CTT.
Thanks! The bypass pipes, those are the ones that replace the catalyst converters on the car?

Larry

Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
robfl is infamous around these parts
Austin@GIAC, I am interested in an ECU tune for the 958 GTS. Any word on the development of this? Date? Price? Thanks

Old 10-04-2012, 09:38 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Thanks! The bypass pipes, those are the ones that replace the catalyst converters on the car?

Larry
They replace the secondary cats not the primary. They do not void any warranty or cause any CEL's. The install takes only 30minutes and requires $20 gaskets.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by robfl
Austin@GIAC, I am interested in an ECU tune for the 958 GTS. Any word on the development of this? Date? Price? Thanks
We can do the GTS now. We simply need a local test car for a few days to check it and get power numbers on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GIAC software for 958 Cayenne Turbo applications is now available!