Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

More like a car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:39 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Dhanyavaad dost (thank you my friend). Recently test drove a CTT w/ PCCB. Wow. what a car. I do love the pedal feel of the PCCB and wish I had ordered the high gloss black exterior around the window trim. I may wrap it w/ matt finish vinyl film at some point.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by w00tPORSCHE
Dhanyavaad dost (thank you my friend). Recently test drove a CTT w/ PCCB. Wow. what a car. I do love the pedal feel of the PCCB and wish I had ordered the high gloss black exterior around the window trim. I may wrap it w/ matt finish vinyl film at some point.
Most welcome
It's the other word I remember from my trip to Nepal
Indeed,I love the PCCBs and how seemingly only a soft bit of pedal pressure is necessary to stop sooo effectively and quickly(I call it:feathering,or caressing the brakes)..kinda in the manner of:"float like a butterfly,sting like a bee"
It is quite a ride stock..but imagine one after a GIAC tune enhanced with BMC filters and TUBI exhaust as a chaser
Here is another pic of those gorgeous rims
All that i need to give it a finished look,is to have installed and painted the extended wheel arches i just got,along with the front and back lower lip
I find,in my humble opinion of course,that they give my CT a more massive,sporty and agressive look,but in a tasteful way
There are soooooooo many tacky wheels out there with few that get it right...
http://

Last edited by pepper09tt; 05-17-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:11 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Not usually a fan of Black....but if I loved detailing, yours would be what I would go for.
It's great to see something so well done.
It's simple and sleek but with a real presence.
Once you have a few hundred miles on the GIAC, would love to know if you can feel the difference from 0-30 and whether it has any effect on gas mileage.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:55 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vitaman
Not usually a fan of Black....but if I loved detailing, yours would be what I would go for.
It's great to see something so well done.
It's simple and sleek but with a real presence.
Once you have a few hundred miles on the GIAC, would love to know if you can feel the difference from 0-30 and whether it has any effect on gas mileage.
Thanks a lot,that's the way I look at it too
My Pepper has come together nicely
It will be more finished to have the lower trim painted next week
Driving for a few hundred miles today should give me a good idea of the added performance...

Old 05-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I am getting used to and am happy with the 22s added firmness and crisper steering feel..while the ride is not as cushy and you get lots more feedback in the steering wheel,I would say that these 22s and the ZR rated P Zeros are more effective than the 20"spyders(more precise and stable)
Having a car with more of a feeling of"being on rails" is welcome in many situations..though not sure about driving cross country with them
As far the GIAC tune goes: power delivery feels stronger while remaining smoother and constant
It does seem to keep on pulling...

Last edited by pepper09tt; 05-19-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 AM
I enjoy my GIAC tune more and more every day
Boost builds up quicker and stronger
It is complemented,and complements,by the TUBI exhaust and BMC filters
I wonder if I would gain anything with a cat delete?
So far the experiment with the 22s has been all good as well

Last edited by pepper09tt; 05-22-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
Wow. 173 mph on 22"?! You crazy man. What do you have ur PSI set to?

Old 06-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Originally Posted by Ylincooper
Wow. 173 mph on 22"?! You crazy man. What do you have ur PSI set to?
I was just curious about the effect of the GIAC tune at higher speeds
Probably good for another couple of mph..maybe 180
It definitely pulls stronger,due primarily to max boost being up to 1.1 bar from 0.7
The 22s actually felt firmer and more stable than the 20s,with less micro adjustments required

Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 PM
spartacusmcfly is infamous around these parts
I need to upgrade my wheels after seeing these pics

Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 PM
Ylincooper is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
I was just curious about the effect of the GIAC tune at higher speeds
Probably good for another couple of mph..maybe 180
It definitely pulls stronger,due primarily to max boost being up to 1.1 bar from 0.7
The 22s actually felt firmer and more stable than the 20s,with less micro adjustments required
What I meant was, what do you have your tire pressure set to?

Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Ylincooper
What I meant was, what do you have your tire pressure set to?
I have the rear tires at 41 and the front at 36

Old 06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Thanks
There is no doubt the 22s are "bigger"..however, having the wheel well more filled up makes the Cayenne look more like a sedan
I accept the slightly firmer ride which goes along with the feeling of greater stability during more spirited driving
Furthur detailed impressions to follow after a bit of driving around this week-end..but so far,so good
Here's a pic more from the side
Thanks for sharing. This isn't lowered right? This looks perfect!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by Enilder
Thanks for sharing. This isn't lowered right? This looks perfect!
Most welcome..always happy to
I do not have(or plan to)a lowering module
The AS is set to it's lowest ride height
With these new rims my CT actually sits close to an inch higher
I hesitated for a while before getting them,cause I knew that any offroading was no longer an option and that I would be feeling the imperfections in the road much more
When I saw them rolled up next to my CT,i loved how well they filled up the wheel well and gave my CT a more imposing stance
So I got them on the spot
I have been enjoying them ever since
I no longer feel like I am driving an SUV,but rather a large and spacious(more than the Panamera for sure) sedan
The increased feedback and stiffness is more than made up by the steering's added stability and crispness
My CT will be complete once my lower trim and extended wheel arches are all painted..look forward to getting it back on Tuesday

Last edited by pepper09tt; 06-03-2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:58 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
I had a Panamera 4 loaner for a few days a week back , I felt the car was huge compared to the Cayenne.

Whether it is or not the Panamera felt way larger inside. I have to say I enjoyed the car and even though it was "just" a V6 it was a blast to drive. Really liked the PDK.

Last edited by VinceV; 06-03-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: More like a car...