Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

More like a car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Just got the GTS tips installed
Excited about having ordered an IPD plenum and upgraded diverter valve to hopefully be installed next week...

Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Lovely warm glow in the sky tonight

Old 09-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
[quote=pepper09tt;3647078]Just got the GTS tips installed
Excited about having ordered an IPD plenum and upgraded diverter valve to hopefully be installed next week...

What do you expect the IPD plenum and diverter valve to do? I assume more power, perhaps better sound. I know you had GIAC reprogram your ECU and I think you also installed the cat bypass pipes.

I did the pipes on my 2012 CTT this past week, was a little disappointed that the sound wasn't better - might be better outside the car; cannot honestly say I noticed any increase in power or reduction in turbo lag "as advertised" but I wasn't expecting more power only better sound. I am still thinking about flashing the ECU, but I would rather go with Softronics if and when he has the 2011-2012 turbo software available - I've had good luck with his programming in the past on turbos.

Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 PM
I have BMC air filters,GIAC ecu flash and Tubi exhaust
I do not have the cat deletes,as I was told there was a risk of drone
I like my exhaust the way it is..loud,but not excessive
Often turns heads on start-up
As I picked up my CT with the GTS tips,the Champion rep was there and recommended the diverter valve to help hold boost better and the plenum for increased airflow if I understood correctly
From the plenum alone he estimates a gain of approx 30hp due to the fact I have the GIAC tune
This will be a pleasant wee bit of extra power

Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
I have BMC air filters,GIAC ecu flash and Tubi exhaust
I do not have the cat deletes,as I was told there was a risk of drone
I like my exhaust the way it is..loud,but not excessive
Often turns heads on start-up
As I picked up my CT with the GTS tips,the Champion rep was there and recommended the diverter valve to help hold boost better and the plenum for increased airflow if I understood correctly
From the plenum alone he estimates a gain of approx 30hp due to the fact I have the GIAC tune
This will be a pleasant wee bit of extra power
Thanks - something to look into. No danger with a drone from the cat bypass pipes; car sounds more like a V8 when you get on it but not quite as aggressive as I had hoped. I don't like loud exhausts either, it can spoil a car - had that problem in a Callaway Corvette several years ago.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Sure,Champion guy was pretty positive about the plenum..said that the added power is 'noticeable'
I love the sound of Tubi,especially at start-up
A mix between a deep growl and roar
Not loud,but 'noticeable' as well

Old 09-23-2012, 12:27 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
More ideas for you Modsters from Merdad, 2 door coupe Cayenne:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/9/2...Coupe-7710800/

Old 09-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
More ideas for you Modsters from Merdad, 2 door coupe Cayenne:

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/9/2...Coupe-7710800/
Thanks for sharing,but that idea is Merde

Old 09-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Having an IPD plenum and diverter valve installed tomorrow
Kudos to Champion for having and sending the 2 items so quickly
In the meantime,here's another one by my fav palm tree

Old 09-24-2012, 04:14 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pepper09tt
Having an IPD plenum and diverter valve installed tomorrow
is that similar to what is being sold here?:

http://teamspeed.com/forums/cayenne-...-ptt-sale.html

Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
is that similar to what is being sold here?:

http://teamspeed.com/forums/cayenne-...-ptt-sale.html
No,deleting some of the cats is one step too far for me
Here is what the plenum and valve are about
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/i...-p-160044.html

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...t-p-53979.html
It does not specify"for Cayenne 2010-"..this is just to help understand what the function of an upgraded diverter valve is

Last edited by pepper09tt; 09-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Picture came out too dark IMO.

Old 09-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Enilder
Picture came out too dark IMO.
I was playing around with my little new camera(Sony rx-100) and how it captures light
Love the shot

Old 09-26-2012, 06:43 AM
New plenum
Looks solid,especially compared to factory plastic one
I don't have pics of the diverter valves,but they look sooo much sturdier as well
and even feature a second softer spring for those that don't want the full effect(boost not held for as long...I'm no techie/mechanic,so not sure how to explain its function exactly)

Old 09-26-2012, 07:50 AM
Do you notice any initial difference in overall performance or still too early to tell?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: More like a car...