Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rear badge opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Paxton is infamous around these parts
Rear badge opinions

Just debadged the rear of my Cayenne and added a small crest 3D sticker - not sure if I like it or not! Opinions welcome.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:55 PM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Not a fan. Just Porsche looks about right.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:49 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
The Porsche badge looks all squeezed in where you put it
Though kudos to you for coming up with the idea of putting the front badge in the rear as well...great one
Now that my Jbm CT has all its trim painted,my rear logos stick out and look kind of tacky,so I was thinking about debadging the rear entirely...but I am thinking that just the Porsche crest(in silver)would be sweet and discrete

Old 06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
take it off imo. you don't need to over-emphasize what's clearly stated right below.

if you take of "Porsche" and put an identical EMBLEM (not a sticker), it may look OK. (I'd never do it but just throwing ideas out there)

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
It doesn't look straight. not sold on it either.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 AM
khabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to beholdkhabah is a splendid one to behold
I see a lot of that here in Kuwait. I'm not accusing you of this, Paxton, but this just came to mind: many Porsche buyers here are hooked on the concept of image and looking like they own the best car out there.

I've seen too many new Cayennes rolling around here with Porsche crests added above the "PORSCHE" logotype on the tailgate and also ahead of the front doors. Something more common, and far more irritating, is when buyers of base Porsches add an "S" logo next to the car name. The majority of base Cayennes I've seen always have a "Cayenne S" badge on the back even though the black calipers, smaller wheels, instrument gauges and air intakes give the car away. Same thing with Boxsters, Caymans, 911s and Panameras; I saw a base Panamera RWD with barely a handful of options being delivered to a customer a few months ago who requested the "Turbo" badge added to his car's tailgate! Shame, really. I'd be proud of driving any car with the Porsche crest and name attached to it without feeling the need to overcompensate for it.

Back to the point, though: Paxton, you drive a beautiful Cayenne and I think the logo alone would suffice. After all, you must have removed the Cayenne badges to de-clutter the rear, so why not keep it simple? Please show us more pics!

khabah

Old 06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
No bueno

Old 06-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Paxton is infamous around these parts
I was already on the fence but reading your opinions sealed the deal and I removed the crest!
Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Now I'm thinking of blacking out the silver strip on the tailgate and doing the window trim as well, I purchased the Shadowline tape in gloss balck, anyone done it before?

Old 06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
I love my rear badge and how it now shines
That lettering was nothing but clutter ;-)
In this case,less is more...
http://

Last edited by pepper09tt; 06-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:52 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I've always wondered if the PORSCHE lettering is at the same position for cars with factory deleted designation and cars without. I saw a debadged Cayenne yesterday and the PORSCHE lettering seems to sit more center vertically than mine with the badge. Or is that just an optical illusion?

Old 06-08-2012, 05:12 PM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steph280
I've always wondered if the PORSCHE lettering is at the same position for cars with factory deleted designation and cars without. I saw a debadged Cayenne yesterday and the PORSCHE lettering seems to sit more center vertically than mine with the badge. Or is that just an optical illusion?
Not an illusion. If the car is ordered without the model designation the Porsche lettering is slightly lower. Not that much but noticeable if you are looking for it. Have mine without the model and love it that way. I don't think I would ever totally de-badge but have considered blacking out the Porsche name

Old 06-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I love how the rear seems to pop, in a sleek and stealthy way

Old 06-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I enjoy how my gaze can now freely glide along the curves of my pepper,no longer interrupted by the blight of a badge

Old 06-09-2012, 06:39 AM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
Nice! Looks much better than imagined it would. Looks much more aggressive, especially with the tinted tails.

Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by khabah
I've seen too many new Cayennes rolling around here with Porsche crests added above the "PORSCHE" logotype on the tailgate and also ahead of the front doors. Something more common, and far more irritating, is when buyers of base Porsches add an "S" logo next to the car name. The majority of base Cayennes I've seen always have a "Cayenne S" badge on the back even though the black calipers, smaller wheels, instrument gauges and air intakes give the car away.

Why stop at a "Cayenne S" logo when it is a v6 Cayenne. Why not just put "Cayenne Turbo S" and tell everyone you have something no one else has

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear badge opinions