Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

horseshoe light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 PM
d_amt_78 is infamous around these parts
horseshoe light

Is it possible to change the basic overhead horseshoe light (2012 Cayenne) to LEDs?

Old 06-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Aren't they already led?
Confused

Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
d_amt_78 is infamous around these parts
No Jace..the horseshoe light is basic yellowish if you don't have the comfort lighting package..but the reading lights in the overhead console are LED..any idea how many lights are there in the horseshoe?

Old 06-10-2012, 06:38 AM
TGED is infamous around these parts
This is typical Porsche way of always trying to nickel and dime their customers. The interior lights are priced at 3 levels, basic level gets you LED reading lights, when you add certain comfort package you get more lights in LED, there is also an extended LED package to get everything in LED. Many times the options are confusing, you have to study them in great details if you want to know what you are getting, and sales people are not always informative. Many times by adding certain options will also get you something unrelated, for example, when you order the navigation option, you also get an USB input, more speakers, higher sound system output. In the Panamera, when you add the REAR lighting option, you also get more lights in the FRONT. Some of the interior upgrades will also upgrade your EXTERIOR puddle light under the mirrors in LED. Porsche is really making things very confusing. When you do not already have certain options, it is very difficult to add them later. Many times it is not because of the extra cost at time of ordering your car, but the customers wish they had known about those things they are not getting prior to purchasing their car. I actually prefer Porsche to set their prices higher, include more features, instead of setting a lower price and then try to nickel and dime on everything.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:12 AM
WFBlue is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TGED
This is typical Porsche way of always trying to nickel and dime their customers. The interior lights are priced at 3 levels, basic level gets you LED reading lights, when you add certain comfort package you get more lights in LED, there is also an extended LED package to get everything in LED. Many times the options are confusing, you have to study them in great details if you want to know what you are getting, and sales people are not always informative. Many times by adding certain options will also get you something unrelated, for example, when you order the navigation option, you also get an USB input, more speakers, higher sound system output. In the Panamera, when you add the REAR lighting option, you also get more lights in the FRONT. Some of the interior upgrades will also upgrade your EXTERIOR puddle light under the mirrors in LED. Porsche is really making things very confusing. When you do not already have certain options, it is very difficult to add them later. Many times it is not because of the extra cost at time of ordering your car, but the customers wish they had known about those things they are not getting prior to purchasing their car. I actually prefer Porsche to set their prices higher, include more features, instead of setting a lower price and then try to nickel and dime on everything.
Agree in toto except for setting the prices higher.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:15 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
The order guide explains the options fairly well in a confusing manner. Sounds like an oxymoron but I don't know another way to describe it. I have attached a copy of the 2011 Cayenne order guide. Look for "Packages."

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2011 Cayenne order guide.pdf (178.8 KB, 514 views)
Old 06-11-2012, 12:54 AM
V10M is infamous around these parts
Totally Agree... even with the raising the price part. Not really *raising* per se, but having a base price that actually reflects what normal ppl buying a Porsche would more than likely order. They make the base price low to attract MB and Bimmer buyers, but they lack so many basic options that the others have. For example, seeing a Cayenne in the most base form is so rare compared to a seemingly over-optioned one. Just add the stuff that should be standard and raise the base price accordingly.

Example, LED Interiors + puddle, memory seats, sunroof, ditch the 18" wheels as standard.

Originally Posted by TGED

Last edited by V10M; 06-11-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:06 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I am not a favor of the florescent like white LEDs, but as part of the comfort light package, they put a strip of light bar in the door arm rest. Didn't even know about that until my daughter saw it a few weeks after we got out car. Another one of those thing they never mentioned to us...

Old 06-11-2012, 10:39 PM
spartacusmcfly is infamous around these parts
+1 on simplification. From the purchase process, to the manual, to the 1000+ permutations of instrument cluster display settings, it is simply the most complex car I've ever owned. That said, it is the best SUV on the market right now, so here we are...

Old 06-12-2012, 04:25 AM
finiteyoda is infamous around these parts
On one hand, all the options are nice if you like to spec the car to exactly the way you want, but yeah, there's some pretty basic stuff there that should be standard. I was amazed when I found out a few weeks ago I didn't have a CD changer ($650 option, that I somehow missed, despite being very thorough). Oh well, ends up USB drives are the way of the future, $20 for 16gb and way more music than would ever fit on 6 cd's. Thank you Porsche, for saving me $630, and yes, ignorance is bliss.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:35 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
If it makes you feel better, I researched the CD Changer ad nauseum on several sites and decided against it. I play CD's but find the single player faster. With a changer, i cannot remember after a while what 6 discs are inside. It's also quicker to eject and insert than move through the changer discs.
And as you mentioned a usb drive and/or your iPhone are a great way to go.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
The CD changer can play MP3 files, and I believe they read DVD's as well. So theoretically you can have 6 DVD worth of MP3 music.

But I agree, USB is the better option.