Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Interior cognac and espresso

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 PM
gasmanavo is infamous around these parts
Interior cognac and espresso

I am getting a black CTT and still deciding between black interior and the two tone cognac and espresso. I am concerned about the wear on the lighter seat. Does anyone have input about this. My current car is black interior and looks brand new after almost 7 years. Does the two tone look good with a black exterior.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:43 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Black over two tone cognac/espresso is absolutely stunning. It will be a lot harder to keep looking that way but if you're ok having a vehicle with a black exterior (and all the work that goes with that), you'll probably be ok with the cognac seats.

The only real "issue" I've seen on those seats is a propensity for color transfer (like from blue jeans). Nothing that proper cleaning and conditioning can't handle.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
I have this combo. Black with the two tone interior. I don't have any issues with it right now, but it's only a year old. I have leather cleaning and conditioning products that I have used. I'd suggest looking into that if you choose this route. As far as looks, it's one of the best options/decisions we've made as far as our CTT.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:35 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have the cognac/espresso and love it. One consideration is you ARE in Florida. The black interior is going to be HOT. The downside of two tone is it will show dirt more. I wear jeans a lot and the seats have a blue tint. I clean them but it does not take long to reappear. Also the creases in the leather on the side of the seat show more on the lighter interior.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:49 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
Blue jeans are a KILLER for a leather seat. - any leather seat!

Old 07-19-2012, 12:29 AM
alexcalifornia is infamous around these parts
Espresso / Cognac = a feel of luxury. Everyone who gets in the car says "wow"
Black = great if you have kids, but a little boring.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:38 AM
gasmanavo is infamous around these parts
Can you post or send pictures of the inside showing the blue tint or any wear on the seats. I'm torn between black and the espresso/cognac.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Here is an old post about seat wear that has a photo.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-issues-2.html

Old 07-19-2012, 01:08 PM
jesh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by steph280
Here is an old post about seat wear that has a photo.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-issues-2.html
That's my post and I can tell you now (opposed to the original post) that it definitely wasn't "normal wear". This had to have been something the dealer did and everyone I've talked to say NO WAY that is from 1600 miles. We've come to the conclusion either someone rubbed it, trying to remove some oil or something else stuck on there badly, or someone slid out of the car and something on a toolbelt or equivalent did that damage.

I love the color combination - everyone thinks it is amazing. Here's a real shot of mine. You won't be disappointed!!!

Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I hope dealer took care of that with warranty. This color combination is stunning, one of those "I wish I got that" thing on my Cayenne.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Davykurniadi is infamous around these parts
Gasmanavo,

it is depend on what are you looking for. I have mine in black exterior and umber/cream interior. Everybody who open the door always say Wow. It is a stunning duo tone combo. I do the cleaning whenever I see a dirty mark, otherwise nothing regular. I use Zymol leather products. I wear jeans often as well (J brand and True Religion mostly), but don't get any blue stain on my cream seat. I am not sure whether different brands might have stronger dye material, but those two brands leave no stain on my cream seat.

Attached Images   
Old 07-19-2012, 08:43 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Davykurniadi
Gasmanavo,

it is depend on what are you looking for. I have mine in black exterior and umber/cream interior. Everybody who open the door always say Wow. It is a stunning duo tone combo. I do the cleaning whenever I see a dirty mark, otherwise nothing regular. I use Zymol leather products. I wear jeans often as well (J brand and True Religion mostly), but don't get any blue stain on my cream seat. I am not sure whether different brands might have stronger dye material, but those two brands leave no stain on my cream seat.
That cream is beautiful,and in my opinion, the most elegant choice
Amazing combo with black
I really wanted it with my JBM exterior,but did not trust myself to keep clean the way it deserves..so I got simply got black
I am happy with black and the way it fits with the whole look of my CT
I just think that white is gorgeous