Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Thoughts on trading in 'CS for '13GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nash
There's no alcantara unless you pick the Leather/Alcantara interior (or the GTS interior, which requires Leather/Alcantara option).

The default is leather seats and no leather dash.
I'd opt for full leather instead of alcantara. Headliner is ok. I just don't want to see significant wear & tear on seats.

Anyways OP, what is it going to be? GTS or keep the S?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:18 PM
911SanAntone is infamous around these parts
My heart is set on a GTS. However...from the financial side of things it is killing me to take a $14 depreciation hit on a CS that has 2000 miles and is 10 months old....I will have to toss and turn on it for more nights. Keep ya posted. Thx

Old 08-09-2012, 07:38 PM
superfans is infamous around these parts
Not sure if it is true but have heard that the delivery dates of some previously ordered Cayenne GTS have been delayed although some members of this forum have already received theirs.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
nash is infamous around these parts
The two special edition colors (red and green) have been delayed, due to a paint supplier problem (to my knowledge). Orders in other colors are coming in.

Old 08-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
Just do it... I did similar, 40 days ago, bought a Panamera because I thought I wanted it more, once my GTS came in, I couldn't pass it up, took a similar hit.

Old 08-10-2012, 08:20 AM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
I think I am going to trade my 2012 CTT with 800 miles for the CGTS. I felt it was much more engaging car , better exhaust note and over all more fun to drive.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo
I think I am going to trade my 2012 CTT with 800 miles for the CGTS. I felt it was much more engaging car , better exhaust note and over all more fun to drive.
GTS more fun than CTT, wow... Really? You should add sport exhaust to your turbo, wouldn't it sound similar?

Old 08-10-2012, 11:19 AM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bgluckdo

I see your point, the sound is also exhilarating inside with the aid of the sound symposer, cant install that in a CT, the gear changes are faster and the car feels more lively.

But IMO what sets the GTS apart from other Cayennes, turbo included is the sport tuned air suspension.
In my last 958 S, the comfort mode was horrible, it felt like a boat, normal was Ok but still bouncy on road imperfections and speed bumps, and sport mode was just meh.

In the GTS the PASM settings really work. The car feels superb in comfort and normal mode, perfect for a DD, cushy but without loosing control.
In sport mode feels almost like my 911.

I would love to see a turbo GTS, maybe the next 958 Turbo S?

Last edited by galion; 08-10-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:29 PM
911SanAntone is infamous around these parts
How different do you think the GTS suspension is compared to a CS with PDCC and PTV?

Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911SanAntone
My heart is set on a GTS. However...from the financial side of things it is killing me to take a $14 depreciation hit on a CS that has 2000 miles and is 10 months old....I will have to toss and turn on it for more nights. Keep ya posted. Thx
OP, if you are going to toss and turn, then do it in the GTS If your heart is set on it, you won't look back!

Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911SanAntone
How different do you think the GTS suspension is compared to a CS with PDCC and PTV?
I guess it would be a significant improvement over the Std setting, but theres a price to pay, ~$5K.
If handling was my main concern, I would take the GTS sport tuned suspension and increased track any day.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:59 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Based on how excited new and soon-to-be owners are...get the GTS

Though,as good as it may sound,I personally find the idea of piping the exhaust note back into the car a little hokey..especially that they actually have a fancy name for it
True that the stock CT exhaust note is muted,but don't let that fool you..it is a beast that lies dormant,and only requires a proper exhaust such as TUBI(along with BMC air filters) and a wee bit of an ECU flash to awaken it(total $ about 6K)..then you have a potentially roaring,growling monster(my own turboS..which also happens to be a very civilized cruiser
As far as how engaging the suspension is,I have not tried the GTS yet,but with my 22s and in sport mode..I find the ride quite engaging,appropriately firm and yes,reminiscent of my 997tts..drove my CT up to 178 and it felt precise and steady as a rock all the way
I like the lower trim of the GTS and how discretely aggressive it looks
Nice how more flush the extended wheel arches are,though I am not sure I like that they are wider and how they extend into the lower part of the rear doors
I am considering adding parts of it to my CT,as well as the black tips
I do look forward to test driving a GTS next week to see what the fuss is all about

Last edited by pepper09tt; 08-11-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !TighTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by galion
faster auto gearbox
Where did you hear this??

Old 08-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by TighTT
Where did you hear this??
http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...e_cayenne_gts/

Maybe 5% faster gear changes are negible, but from my test drive, the GTS felt faster, more explosive and engaging than my S.

Pepper:
The Turbo is at the top of my list, its a monster and a pleasure to drive as is without mods, but way over my budget. OTOH, the GTS is a bargain vs an "S" as a whole package deal, power, handling and cosmetic options included.

Last edited by galion; 08-11-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:34 PM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
After reading this thread, it inspired me to try to test drive a GTS today, but nary a one on the lot.
Did get behind the wheel of a new Boxster S. Fun car. Absolutely love the PDK transmission. Shifts are so quick and precise and right on time. Would be awesome on the Cayenne.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on trading in 'CS for '13GTS