Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ordering new CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:16 PM
gasmanavo is infamous around these parts
Ordering new CTT

I am considering the Extended LED and the compass options. Would anyone be able to post pictures as to what the they look like in the car. The Extended LED is quite costly and I want to make sure it is worth it. The compass just may be a good alternative to the malfunctioning clock.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:46 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Here's a shot of the compass
Will try to take some of the LEDs tonight..

Old 09-04-2012, 03:40 PM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Make sure to tick PDCC and PTV !! I can't imagine driving my CT without PDCC at least.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:52 PM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by CTT-QTR
Make sure to tick PDCC and PTV !! I can't imagine driving my CT without PDCC at least.
Let me take this a step further. Get all of the performance options (except for maybe the PCCB) before any aesthetics. You'll thank yourself later. The drive will be a thrill.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:18 PM
I am ordering all the performance items with the exception of the PCCB. I still would like to see a close up picture of the compass and a few pictures of the Extended LEDs.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold

Old 09-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately,I do not have the extended LED package..only the"light comfort package with mem"
Please don't hesitate to ask for more pics
While the PCCBs are not necessary,I highly recommend them:amazing stopping power while at the same time super smooth pedal feel,allowing you to just 'feather' the brakes in order to stop...worth every penny in my opinion

Old 09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the picture of the compass. I was told that to replace the PCCB is very expensive (6-7K per brake). I plan on keeping the car for about 7 years/80,000 miles.

Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by gasmanavo
Thanks for the picture of the compass. I was told that to replace the PCCB is very expensive (6-7K per brake). I plan on keeping the car for about 7 years/80,000 miles.
True,they are much more expensive to replace
However,our fellow 6speeeder 'Jace' has 33K miles on them,with no end in sight...
I have never kept a car for as long as you plan to, so I cannot comment on the longevity of brakes
However,I do have some experience driving my CT pretty close to its limits
and the ceramics definitely work for me
Just my kooky 2c

Old 09-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gasmanavo
FYI, I am not sure if this applies to the 958, but it has been common for people to replace the PCCB carbon rotors with iron rotors when using it as a daily driver. The maintenance costs for the standard rotors are much much less.

Supposedly, when you go to the track or to sell the vehicle, you can swap back in the carbon rotors.

This might be worth looking into further. Theoretically, it seems sound.

Old 09-06-2012, 04:42 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
The Zero brake dust and iron fist in a kid skin glove feel of the brakes makes this insanely priced option one I would not eliminate in a do over.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:31 PM
emag is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vitaman
The Zero brake dust and iron fist in a kid skin glove feel of the brakes makes this insanely priced option one I would not eliminate in a do over.
I had to agree with vitaman and pepper on PCCB. I was told by car enthusiastic (my brother) that CCB is not worth the money for daily drive and high maintenance cost without offering any decrease in stopping distance etc.

I can't find any statistic to show that the stopping distance is shorter, but what the pro 6speeders said is very true. The feel of the brake is awesome compared to steel brake, just a light touch and the car would stop.

As for the Extended LED package, it's probably a 2013 model option which I don't have.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM
race3 is infamous around these parts
highly recommend the compass. much more useful than "another" clock. what is "extended LED package" ?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Extended LED is an option for more lighting on the inside of the car. It gives a description but no picture.