Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Cayenne Arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 06:50 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by greg_g
Yup, understand all that. But here's a direct quote from the Porsche configurator that I used to build and order my trailer package: "Includes hitch without receiver/tow ball and includes female receptacle for trailer lights". Whereas technically your last photo is a receptacle, it won't accept a 7-blade trailer plug as-is. So rather than a "receptacle for trailer lights", it's a generic receptacle for the actual trailer plug receptacle.

That said, it's a $20 part and a 20 minute job. I'm not above doing it myself, but I want to try getting a little satisfaction out of this dealer first.

//greg//
I agree. It's not like there are other viable adapter/connections. The 7-blade is a standard. I placed the order w/Amazon a few minutes ago for both. I'll save going to dealer for a bigger thing or favor

Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM
noskis is infamous around these parts
Another thing I have to investigate, is some protection for the rear bumper cover. I've unloaded two unwieldly boxes through the back already, and both left scratches in the paint. The first time was from a staple, so the second time I used a piece of carpet between the box and the bumper cover. Didn't help, damned carpet backing scratched the paint too.

Just something for you to be on the lookout for.

//greg//
When I had the clear bra installed on the vehicle, i had them put a strip on the top surface of the back bumper. seemed to do the trick on the previous vehicle with the similar treatment and it held up for the couple years that i had it.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:16 PM
SeaCay is infamous around these parts
Must be local to that dealer, mine knows nothing about it. And if it's in the Porsche accessory catalog, I missed it. Would you be so kind as to provide amplifying info; make/manufacture/part number/photo - anything to point me in the right direction.....

//greg//

Greg, here's a link to Suncoast's site and the picture of the reversible cargo liner but without the vinyl flap attached. The picture shows the velcro strip on the underside but the flap is not referenced. I got mine for our "11 Cayenne and have ordered it again for my '13 Cayenne. It should arrive at the dealer's parts department this week. The flap covers not only the top of the bumper but the side of it as well.

Suncoast may have the part number or other information on the vinyl flap attachment but I received them packaged together as a unit. When it arrives I'll note the part number referenced on the plastic bag it will probably come in. There are no markings on the cargo liner I have. Its not a local product as it takes about a week to arrive to the local parts department and either comes from CA or Germany is my guess.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ode=958V6INTFL

Old 09-11-2012, 12:57 AM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
And thumb shifters only upshift. No capability to downshift in manual other than at the gearshift lever

//greg//
Of course you can downshift from the thumb shifters. You pull them forward using your fingers

Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by nhirsch
I took it apart to see. The cover plate is actually more than a plate, it is molded to include "blank" part that surrounds and protects the connectors of the female receptacle. It attaches securely to the female receptacle just as if it was the real thing. The Pollak 11-893P 7-Way Sealed RV OEM Socket (not shown) will plug into the female receptacle and additionally uses the same secure connection to the female receptacle and then once together, mounts to the same metal bracket where the "blank" part mounted. In order to remove the secure connection of the blank to the female, you first have to remove a white colored "keeper". To remove the keeper, you have to lift the black tab up and back the keeper out. Then you push down on the same black tab to separate the blank from the female receptacle. It appears the Pollack part will go in the same way as the blank. I suppose Porsche could say the the female receptacle is in fact on the car and mounted, it just doesn't have the OEM adapter socket. Here are some pictures.
Thanks for the detailed pictures and the description! Mine are on order as well.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 PM
greg_g is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SeaCay
Greg, here's a link to Suncoast's site and the picture of the reversible cargo liner
Thanks. It's subtle, but the product page mentions "loading edge protection". Perhaps that's the extra piece you describe. So if yours actually does arrive with an extendable piece that can protect the rear bumper cover, please update this thread.

//greg//

Old 09-11-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by rossii
Of course you can downshift from the thumb shifters. You pull them forward using your fingers
I think you're confusing paddles and buttons. Paddles are behind the steering wheel, and yes - you pull them toward you. But they're for the PDK. I've got the TipTronic, which has manual shift buttons on the right and left side of the steering wheel itself. You push the top of the button (+) to upshift, the bottom of the button (-) to downshift. Both buttons are identical, I guess to accommodate right and left handed drivers. Both of mine work to upshift, but neither will effect a downshift.

//greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 09-11-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:00 PM
tex94 is infamous around these parts
I think you're confusing paddles and buttons. Paddles are behind the steering wheel, and yes - you pull them toward you. But they're for the PDK. I've got the TipTronic, which has manual shift buttons on the right and left side of the steering wheel itself. You push the top of the button (+) to upshift, the bottom of the button (-) to downshift. Both buttons are identical, I guess to accommodate right and left handed drivers. Both of mine work to upshift, but neither will effect a downshift.

//greg//
Try pulling them back toward you and you will downshift. At least it works for me. The graphic is confusing though so I can see the confusion.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:38 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
They downshift by pulling either one back toward the driver (actually pushing back from behind the wheel), same as the old paddles. Surprise!!! It also puts the transmission into manual mode even if the shift **** remains to the right side.

Last edited by nhirsch; 09-11-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Ariii
I would personally order bigger wheels

I have the sport wheel which is the exact same one as in my late 997tts
Love the look with the aluminum branches and the paddles,which are no pdk..but do function as advertised

Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 AM
911JOE is infamous around these parts
Thanks. It's subtle, but the product page mentions "loading edge protection". Perhaps that's the extra piece you describe. So if yours actually does arrive with an extendable piece that can protect the rear bumper cover, please update this thread.

//greg//
I ordered mine direct from Porsche its the same one on the Suncoast page. Really nice and simple mat for the cargo area. It's reversible with carpet one side and rubber on the other. It then has and extendable pvc piece that you pull out when loading the cargo area. Works a treat and available in different colours to match interior.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 AM
Just ordered mine in Espresso to contrast the Luxor Beige interior. Found it a little cheaper from Braman. Already have a set of 4 Lloyd floor mats in Dark Brown, it should match nicely. Now on to getting a receptacle for the trailer plug. After that I'll giv'er a test drive to see what happens when I push those shift buttons from the back side. Thanks to all for the tips.

//greg//

Old 09-12-2012, 10:57 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Ariii
By wheels I meant bigger rims :P
Eventually. I wanted to buy the vehicle with as many of the nonretrofittable bells and whistles as I could. Wheels can be upgraded anytime. PDCC cannot. At least that was my though process for the base wheels and my limited budget.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM
mmandaniel is infamous around these parts
nice!

Old 09-13-2012, 05:56 AM

//greg//
Car had been in the shop getting a clear bra installed so I hadn't been driving it till last night. Thumb shifters work same as the PDK on my 997.2. Push away from you to shift to higher gear, push towards you to shift to lower gear. Like the PDK, it only stays there temporarily. If you want true manual control, you have to use the center console lever.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My Cayenne Arrived!