Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

My Cayenne Arrived!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:22 AM
hagel is infamous around these parts
On my Panamera, if you shifted into Manual mode (via the Center Console), you could then use the thumb shifters to go up and down and it would keep the gear until you shifted. If you were in "Auto", you could up / down shift with the Thumb Shifters, but after a short time of no additional shifts the car would go back into the "full auto" mode. Is this not how the Cayenne works (I know it has Tiptronic, and NOT PDK)?

Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by hagel
On my Panamera, if you shifted into Manual mode (via the Center Console), you could then use the thumb shifters to go up and down and it would keep the gear until you shifted. If you were in "Auto", you could up / down shift with the Thumb Shifters, but after a short time of no additional shifts the car would go back into the "full auto" mode. Is this not how the Cayenne works (I know it has Tiptronic, and NOT PDK)?
Reading the owners manuals again, you appear to be correct for both the Tiptronic and the PDK. Most of the time when I drive the PDK I use the thumb shifters for kicking down the gears while the shift lever remains in D. In manual mode I've been using only shift lever, had not tried the thumb shifters. The Tiptronic behaves the same way according to the owners manual, which doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the observation and tip, learn something new everyday.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:16 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hagel
Thanks for the clear and simple observation
That's exactly how my Cayenne goes about shifting

Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 AM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
williams88 started this thread. focusing on the 8s. My tiptronic is an 8 speed and we're talking about 958s. So how come this website is 6speed?

Old 09-13-2012, 01:44 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nhirsch
williams88 started this thread. focusing on the 8s. My tiptronic is an 8 speed and we're talking about 958s. So how come this website is 6speed?
I know
Part of the charm

Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM
SeaCay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by greg_g
Thanks. It's subtle, but the product page mentions "loading edge protection". Perhaps that's the extra piece you describe. So if yours actually does arrive with an extendable piece that can protect the rear bumper cover, please update this thread.

//greg//
To close the loop on this, the reversible cargo mat with the rear bumper protection flap included is an official Porsche Cayenne part, #95804480065DK4. Should be able to order this directly through any dealer's parts department as I did.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:38 PM
greg_g is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Thumb shifters work same as the PDK on my 997.2. Push away from you to shift to higher gear, push towards you to shift to lower gear. Like the PDK, it only stays there temporarily. If you want true manual control, you have to use the center console lever.
Works like a charm, thanks. This is an area where the owner manual leaves a lot to be desired. Same with the trailer connector issue, the web configuration page is poorly worded. I still a bit mystified about the Auto-Hold though. Both the manual and the Porsche Technology site indicate it should hold on the flat and on a hill. Mine only holds on a hill.

//greg//

Old 09-13-2012, 05:48 PM
wwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of lightwwilliams88 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SeaCay
To close the loop on this, the reversible cargo mat with the rear bumper protection flap included is an official Porsche Cayenne part, #95804480065DK4. Should be able to order this directly through any dealer's parts department as I did.
Ordered it. Should have it tomorrow. Will post a photo or two showing the bumper protection.

Old 09-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by SeaCay
Greg, here's a link to Suncoast's site and the picture of the reversible cargo liner but without the vinyl flap attached. The picture shows the velcro strip on the underside but the flap is not referenced. I got mine for our "11 Cayenne and have ordered it again for my '13 Cayenne. It should arrive at the dealer's parts department this week. The flap covers not only the top of the bumper but the side of it as well.

Suncoast may have the part number or other information on the vinyl flap attachment but I received them packaged together as a unit. When it arrives I'll note the part number referenced on the plastic bag it will probably come in. There are no markings on the cargo liner I have. Its not a local product as it takes about a week to arrive to the local parts department and either comes from CA or Germany is my guess.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...ode=958V6INTFL
Got this today. Couple of photos with the vinyl flap stored and covering the bumper. As noted, there is velcro on both sides of the reversible mat, so either side can be used. SeaCay, thanks for the tip!

Attached Images   
Old 09-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by greg_g
That said, it's a $20 part and a 20 minute job. I'm not above doing it myself, but I want to try getting a little satisfaction out of this dealer first.

//greg//
Interesting anomaly on Amazon regarding pricing for this part. As a Prime customer I usually get free 2 day shipping. I found the part on Amazon for $10.99 and free 2 day shipping. I put it in my cart fine. I ordered it fine. When it shipped it was $19.99 plus $6.48 shipping! So I looked again a thought maybe I made a mistake and ordered one by mistake from a 3d party RVTravelmats which has it for that price. So I decided to cancel/refuse that order when it arrived and re-ordered the one for $10.99. It went again into my cart at the $10.99. If you clicked on the item, again it showed again for the $19.99. I took screen shots of the problem and called Amazon now reassuring myself that I had not made a mistake, it was some programming error (in Amazon's favor). The girl on the help line (in Philippines) was able reproduce the error! Because the order shipped, they will credit back the $26.47 and I will pay $10.99. I do a lot of business with Amazon and this is the first time something like this has happened. It's a high tech bait and switch pricing for the same item. Let the buyer beware!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pollakadapter3.png
Views:	69
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	187513   Click image for larger version

Name:	pollakadapter2.png
Views:	58
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	187514   Click image for larger version

Name:	pollakadapter.png
Views:	78
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	187515  
Old 09-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by wwilliams88
Got this today. Couple of photos with the vinyl flap stored and covering the bumper. As noted, there is velcro on both sides of the reversible mat, so either side can be used. SeaCay, thanks for the tip!
Thanks for sharing. shows more protection than I had imagined. I have the cargo management system which has a side track on each side so that won't work for me as the mat is narrower but the idea to get a piece like it and sew it to my existing mat or velcro to velcro might work. Fold it under the mat when not in use.

Old 09-18-2012, 05:05 PM
RacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud ofRacingEngineV8 has much to be proud of
Very nice! I like the colour combo!