Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Can't sell my Cayenne for fear of being shipped overseas!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 01:41 PM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by danac123
Yea, its kind of crazy what's the difference if it's 1 month old or 6 especially since I wanted to buy another Cayenne S from Porsche. They will still get another sale from me, I am really disappointed!! If anyone is interested in my 2013 V6 (and won't ship to China) check out my auction on Ebay.
Have they made you a reasonable offer on the trade?

Old 09-25-2012, 05:28 PM
nhirsch is infamous around these partsnhirsch is infamous around these parts
My dealer confirmed the 6 month point where things become OK. He said the big problem to the dealer is if one of their cars gets exported to China, the VIN is tracked back to the dealer and the dealer will lose 2 allocations, meaning they will get two less cars to sell. This is why some dealers have you sign a no-export until 6 months letter.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Fair enuf,thanks for the explanation

Old 09-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
I've gone through that as well but didn't pay much attention to it. I knew that the chances are highly unlikely.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:26 AM
N/A
N/A is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by j080808
Now imagine if someone in the US was selling new GTR's at a 30% discount and you owned a Nissan dealership....
Good point but until the guys at Porsche start making the prices fair globally, its going to keep happening

Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 AM
N/A
N/A is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Enilder
I've gone through that as well but didn't pay much attention to it. I knew that the chances are highly unlikely.
Exactly and even if they had someone who was assigned to track all the damn Porsche's in the US, they would have a hard time. Firstly, we in Japan - and I assume the others in Asia - do not publicly show the vin number. You cant just Google a set of numbers and have then listed. The only way it would ever come in would be if the local buyer takes it in to a Porsche dealer and it sends a message back to Europe and then back to the US - highly damn unlikely.

Secondly think about the timing. It takes a minimum of 1 month for the vehicle to arrive in another country and then it still needs to sit in a lot before being sold and then the new owner would have to take it in to a Porsche dealer for some reason. And even if this were to happen within a 2 month timeline, your vehicle would need to be no older than 3.5 months old.

Dont worry about what the stupid dealers say, youve paid for it and theve made their money. Do whatever you want with the car.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:36 PM
danac123 is infamous around these parts
Good point, my issue is that I want to order another car and it would take 3 months for delivery and by then I may get caught. Also, I really don't want to screw my dealer.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by j080808
Have they made you a reasonable offer on the trade?
Is there such a thing as a reasonable offer from a dealer?

Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by danac123
I have a 2013 Cayenne V6 with 1340 miles, purchased it in August and just put it up on Ebay for auction, I am looking to buy an S. I had a buyer call me from Cali and wanted to buy it.

Also, I did sign paperwork at the dealership stating that I would not ship overseas. Does anyone have any experience with this or have any advice?
if you sell to someone in California, then I don't think you would be breaking the agreement. However your dealer will get the 2 allocation penalty if it is sold overseas prior to 6 months so maybe, since you are not sure, you can put your dealer together with the potential buyer to work out a 6 month scheme, possibly that the transfer of the car is not done until it arrives in China or where ever and only if at that time is over 6 months. I imagine it might take a few months to get it there so it might be possible. Seems your dealer would be amenable as he has your upcoming purchase as a carrot.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
if you sell to someone in California, then I don't think you would be breaking the agreement. However your dealer will get the 2 allocation penalty if it is sold overseas prior to 6 months so maybe, since you are not sure, you can put your dealer together with the potential buyer to work out a 6 month scheme, possibly that the transfer of the car is not done until it arrives in China or where ever and only if at that time is over 6 months. I imagine it might take a few months to get it there so it might be possible. Seems your dealer would be amenable as he has your upcoming purchase as a carrot.
Not a bad idea, good thinking! Just not sure how to keep the buyer honest and follow the game plan.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM
if you turn it over to dealer to work with buyer, you remove that burden from yourself and at same time show dealer you are being up front with him and protecting him. It may be a stretch to think your dealer would do that but I'd give it a try.

Old 09-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by nhirsch
if you turn it over to dealer to work with buyer, you remove that burden from yourself and at same time show dealer you are being up front with him and protecting him. It may be a stretch to think your dealer would do that but I'd give it a try.
I will ask the question.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 PM
V12
V12 is infamous around these parts
It is actually very hard to ship a car to China. If he is doing it, he got some serious connections. The mark up in China is huge on high-end cars, but it's coming down due to the slowing of economy. Could you ask him if he need more cars? I can sell him any cars he wants. I just couldn't anyone has connection to sell to.

Thanks

Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
whatIF? is infamous around these parts
The non-export agreements Porsche dealers make you sign are not worth the paper they are written on. An agreement which prevents you from exercising one of your rights (i.e. to dispose of personal property in any way you see fit) is absolutely NOT ENFORCEABLE. I personally know a lawyer that drafts such agreements for large dealer groups. So go ahead and sell your car to anyone you want, they can't go after you for any made up "fines". The reason they created these agreements in the first place, is to scare uninformed consumers, so they don't export their cars. In reality, there's nothing they can do about it. It is 100% LEGAL to sell something you own outright to anyone, including for export (unless it's an embargoed country like North Korea, Cuba, Sudan, etc)

However, the Porsche black list or "export list" is real and they do maintain a list of customers whose vehicles ended up being exported within 6 months of purchase. It is possible you could have trouble buying a new Cayenne from another dealer (probably not if you lease it). But in the case they refuse to sell you a car, I suggest you take legal action against the dealer, as that is essentially discrimination. Or buy from a normal manufacturer that doesn't attempt to control their customers.

Last edited by whatIF?; 11-15-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:07 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by N/A
Good point but until the guys at Porsche start making the prices fair globally, its going to keep happening
The high price is because of high import duties imposed in many Asian countries, in Hong Kong ,it is 115%, 200% in China, about 300% in Indonesia!!! That's why some forum member reports paying over US$250,000 for a base Cayenne in Indonesia.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can't sell my Cayenne for fear of being shipped overseas!