Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Recall Codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:04 PM
synk is infamous around these parts
Recall Codes

Is there a way to get a description of each recall code. For example, I took my car in today and got AC01, WB37, WC26, and WC34. I know AC01 is the headlight recall, but what are the others?

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Oberau is infamous around these parts
He guys ...no ideas ?

Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 AM
DanZah is infamous around these parts
Easy Stuff. Just use GOOGLE. Type in Porsche Recall. All the info is right there. I suggest that onw use the easy to use Transport Canada government site (puts our US govt Transportation Site to shame, in my opinon our US Transportation Dept has been transformed more into a tool for the current Administration's divisive splitting up of Americans into contesting groups of citizens and introduction of class warfare - not transportation. Remember, a Porsche indicates that you are part of the "evil 1%", regardless that one worked your whole life to earn the cash to purchase this wonderful machine). When you use the Transport Canada site, click the Cayenne models and all years and there will appear the "AC01" or "WB37" etc codes. Here is the Transportation Canada site: http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/....aspx?lang=eng also you can use auto123.com (Canada) to get this info also, I suggest that you dig down and click "further details", the codes will appear. It's a shame that our own current transportation dept, in my opinion, is more about taking freedoms and vehicle performance preferences away from motorists, than doing thier job. I am not a poltical partisan, I criticise both parties if in my opinon they deserve it, I think our military's great and selfless service members serving in the war against those who would like to eliminate our existence back home as well as Veterans who have defended our Nation have earned that right to criticize if anyone has, and right now, we need to change the focus of our government bureaucrats and the Administration, regardless of party affiliation.I hope the sites help in "de-coding" the codes.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Oberau is infamous around these parts
Not all the Codes are from recalls. A lot of modifications like sw update and so on are included . This kind of codes have only Porsche and his dealers. Any idea where to get this ?
Btw this was the origin question
Reg Juergen

Old 10-06-2012, 11:20 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Sorry I can't help, but it appears the link provided by DanZah may provide you with the info you're asking for.

Mr. Google helped me find this link to Cayenne recall codes; not sure if they'll help.

http://www.mycarstats.com/reports/po...e/recalls.aspx

If not, your servicing Porsche dealer, or even an independent will be able to tell you what you're dealilng with.

BTW, at this point in time, I'd have to agree with DanZah's comment WRT our DOT. IMO, the govt is doing everything in their power to protect us from ourselves.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
That's exactly the problem I'm seeing. The software recalls don't have patch notes describing what was fixed. If you search Carfax, it only names the hardware module that the software resides on. That's better than nothing, but specifically since it was a software update and not a hardware update, it's not very useful.

Originally Posted by Oberau
Not all the Codes are from recalls. A lot of modifications like sw update and so on are included . This kind of codes have only Porsche and his dealers. Any idea where to get this ?
Btw this was the origin question
Reg Juergen

Old 10-06-2012, 02:13 PM
None of the above links provided any useful information.