Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GP Automotive Renewal Service - Phase 1 - Clarification - Porsche Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up GP Automotive Renewal Service - Phase 1 - Clarification - Porsche Cayenne Turbo

When most people think of a wash, they underestimate how important it is. After a proper detail, it's the wash routine that determines how the interior and exterior looks for months, or years, to come. Automotive Renewal Service, ARS, is a proprietary system to GP and is developed by me.

The GP Automotive Renewal System:

Phase 1 – Clarification
Phase 2 – Rejuvenation
Phase 3 – Detoxification
Phase 4 – Concours

Every car that comes into the shop is evaluated to determine which phase best suits its current condition.

Phase 1 – Clarification

Your car is looking just a little less than pristine. Your interior and exterior have been well cared for, but both have areas that need some touching up. The potential is there for your car to be great‐looking, it just needs to be ‘revealed’. In this phase we’ll thoroughly hand wash your car and top it off with a coat of hand applied carnauba wax. We’ll vacuum your carpets and do a light treatment of interior surfaces, as well as clean your wheels and wheel wells to take care of any potentially damaging brake/rotor dust. We condition your tires and then do a final inspection. Clarification is what you might call regular maintenance: it’s intended primarily for cars that have already been fully detailed and have no inherent problem areas.

Using various brushes and a non-acid based wheel cleaner gel, wheel surfaces are gently and effectively cleaned

This client opted to clean the engine compartment as well. An add-on to our Phase 1

A mild and effective citrus auto wash is applied to the engine and all surrounding components. Then we allow the product to "dwell" for about 5 minutes

Then we begin cleaning with various brushes

Rinse with deionized water so there's no spotting or hard water deposits left behind

Engine compartment is then dried using a forced air filtered dryer. Then we turn on engine for about 5 minutes to allow the natural heat of engine to evaporate remaining water in areas we cannot reach

Initial rinse to "flush" surface contaminants. Once again, deionized water is used throughout Clarification process

Using an All-Natural soap that's mild and effective, we begin the wash

All-Natural Australian Lambs Wool mitt is rinsed after each section assuring a clean mitt going back in the soap bucket

Final rinse to flush soap and contaminants

Initial drying using microfiber drying cloth

Secondary drying using forced air filtered dryer. This assures no water in nook and crannies that might appear after client drives

Interior vacuumed

Interior cleaned and conditioned with a product that helps against static electricity and has UV blockers. Notice the clean and matte finish

Old 10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute

Carpets, or rubber mats in this case, cleaned

Spray wax, or Carnauba Paste Wax, applied by hand to bring out brilliance and further protect paint

All door jams and fuel compartment, trunk areas, etc. waxed

Clean glass surfaces

Apply conditioner to tires and wheel wells

Wax wheels to further clean and protect

Thanks for checking it out and please let us know your comments or questions. Make sure to visit our site for rates and scheduling availability

Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 AM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Great photographs. The car looks better than new.

I gotta ask, why are you washing the car on a blue tarp?

Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Another great job Moe. She looks beautiful.

I have a quick question for you... what product do you use and/or recommend to clean the screen on the nav system? I'm using the same product I use to clean my Iphone (spraying it on the microfiber and not on the screen) but I'd love to hear what a professional, like you, uses.

And for those that aren't in the area or don't know... Moe and his company Glistening Perfection have been doing amazing work on local P cars (and non-Pcars) for a long time. He's a big contributor to the local PCA (even writing articles for the club magazine) and an all around good guy. I have no financial gain here from recommending him and I'll admit that he's not the cheapest but he's certainly one of, if not the, best and in my opinion, often times you get what you pay for.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:20 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Welcome back Moe!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by NC 997
Great photographs. The car looks better than new.

I gotta ask, why are you washing the car on a blue tarp?
The blue tarp traps the dirty water and we dispose of it in planter instead of the ocean.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by Da Hapa
Another great job Moe. She looks beautiful.

I have a quick question for you... what product do you use and/or recommend to clean the screen on the nav system? I'm using the same product I use to clean my Iphone (spraying it on the microfiber and not on the screen) but I'd love to hear what a professional, like you, uses.

And for those that aren't in the area or don't know... Moe and his company Glistening Perfection have been doing amazing work on local P cars (and non-Pcars) for a long time. He's a big contributor to the local PCA (even writing articles for the club magazine) and an all around good guy. I have no financial gain here from recommending him and I'll admit that he's not the cheapest but he's certainly one of, if not the, best and in my opinion, often times you get what you pay for.
Thanks for the kind words!!!

We use Sonax Dashboard Cleaner on interior details. For the nav screen, simply spray a light mist on mf towel, then wipe screen, then flip to dry side of towel, and you'll have a clean and streak-free surface.

We've made quite a bit of changes to our service and pricing...the updated site should be up this week. You should look into some of our new services...as you know, we're fully capable of the Concours-lelvel work, but now we've managed to marry that with a value-minded routine bringing the cost of our detail down significantly.

Look forward to serving you soon.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by imcarnuts
Welcome back Moe!
Feels great to be back Duffy...missed the board and now we're meaner and leaner than before

Old 10-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Looks great Moe.

How long does a cleaning like that take from you if I were to bring something in?