Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Super Excited- Ordering new CTT finally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
911JOE is infamous around these parts
That is a great build and a great car. Many congrats! Best Christmas present to yourself... ever! Enjoy.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! We have a ton of new OEM Porsche accessories for the 958's.

Have a look at our parts inventory HERE.

Shoot us an email at Parts@SuncoastParts.com if you have any questions.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 10-11-2012, 06:22 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
I did it! It is ordered the CTT and it might possibly arrive around Christmas !

Thanks again to everyone on here who helped explain the options and details of this machine.

My last minute indecision was 18 way vs 14 way after reading some negatives on here about the 18s. I sat in and played with both and loved the 18s. I love the way they wrap around me and feel like a sportscar seat. I am 5' 9" and 150 so they are fine for me.

The other was the Burmester vs. Bose so I "again" brought 2 CDs and a friend and compared the 2 systems back to back. He said the same thing I was hearing- the BOSE had slightly stronger low end bass. I am already biased against BOSE from previous systems but I have to say I was impressed with it so that is what is ordered. And when I first looked at the Cayenne one of the most important things for me was a sound system and I thought for sure the Burmester would kill the BOSE but I just didn't hear it. I have been a musician and a music buff forever and feel that I know good sound but others might have an even more discriminating ear and hear tonal nuances better than me so who knows?

Thank you all for making feel welcome on this home away from home forum.

Rob.
Awesome Christmas present..that's the spirit
I have a little idea how you will feel
Since you mention the Bose...
..I will give you my impression
Brought my CT in to have a Techart front spoiler installed and was given a brand new 2013 Cayenne V6 with Bose inside
I brought along my favorite DVD of the Grateful Dead at Winterland(in 5.1)
The Dead had a pretty amazing sound system and this soundboard recording was remastered extremely well..and on the Burmester it sounds like you are at the show:the massive bass,drum and guitar solos feel so present and at a higher volume really grab your insides while still remaining detailed and still beautifully giving a concert hall experience
I was curious to find out how it would sound on the Bose
Easy answer: not even close
Stereo separation was disappointing,bass was weak..and once i turned up the volume it just became noisy and not that pleasant
Needless to say,I did not feel like I was at the show and very much in a car
Bose fell and felt flat in my opinion
Which is too bad cause everything else about this base Cayenne(no AS)pleasantly surprised me
Ride was quite comfy,as well as the 14 way seats,
Base black interior with what looks like a piano black trim is sharp-though I felt somewhat claustrophobic from only having a little sunroof
Around town with traffic,even the power felt adequate..
..just not the Bose
Simply my 2c

Last edited by pepper09tt; 10-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Very cool.
I looked at the pano because of the suggestions and it is truly great looking.
I didn't want to get in to medical stuff but I get bad migraines most of my life and I need as little light as possible sometimes. I looked at the sun coming through the screen and even though it wasn't much I know it could be a problem on one of my bad days so I wanted to pass on that one.
The picture you took with the castle in the back should be used by Porsche to demo how amazing the view through the pano is.

Like you said, the 18 ways feel great. I love the many adjustment options.
I am going to try and get in the habit of entering and exiting the car with minimal wear on the bolsters to avoid what some have described.

(Hey Larry, you out there for all this chatter?)

Old 10-11-2012, 07:37 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Fair enough,my mother gets migraines..so I know about those:you made the right choice-and actually not having the pano roof can make the interior feel more snug
Additional chatter for Larry as well,while you wait for your CT:there are a few simple mods that can make the driving even more fun

Old 10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Uh oh. are you gonna tempt me in to an ECU tune and Tubi's?
Or is it the diverter valve and plenum?

Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
Uh oh. are you gonna tempt me in to an ECU tune and Tubi's?
Or is it the diverter valve and plenum?
You catch on quick..
Good

Old 10-12-2012, 05:20 AM
911JOE is infamous around these parts
The only thing I regret is not getting 4-zone climate but guess it depends where you live. That said I live in the UK where it's always freezing but I just love the look it gives the back cabin.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
The 18 way seats was a great choice. When you get in and out of the car think of it as a bonus exercise time for your core and calf muscles........to save wear and tear on the bolsters.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:30 AM
littodevil is infamous around these parts
I'm here I'm here! hahaha.. Having three different careers at the same time takes a lot out of my day and I'm working hard to.. instead of paying down half of the car and financing the other half.. I may just be able to pay off the entire car in full when my CTT arrives around thanksgiving next month!!! I forgot the total.. something like 155k but.. I still have Vorsteiner wheels & tires, IPD Plenum, Diverter valves, Tubi Exhaust, Akrapovic titanium tips & mid pipes, Clear side markers, GIAC ECU tune all to arrive around the time when the CTT gets here. Well.. the ECU will have to be sent out haha and when it is, that's when I plan to install all the other stuff. So.. not sure what the grand total will be but.. I know I'll be super excited, proud and lucky to have my new toy!

Anyways enough about me, Congrats Rob!!! I'm so excited to see you placed the order! I thought it was going to take longer.. I assume you sold the SL already? I'm jealous your getting it in Dec.. haha.. The normal wait has been about 4 months.. I placed mines on June 30th on my birthday.. and the dealership pulled a ton of strings to contact Porsche North America to changed one of their dealership builds that was already locked to MY build and I would only have to wait 3 months but.. due to the factory taking a vacation in.. I think Aug, it still ended up being 4 months.. It was built two weeks ago but after a week getting to port in Germany there wasn't a ship for it to go on .. I was just notified via email by my sales rep tonight that it finally made it on a ship!!!! Woo!! So 5 weeks.. either the 3rd or 4th week of Nov. You only have to wait one more month to get yours after I get mines!

On the seats.. I sat in the 18 way seat and I felt very comfy in it.. just like how you mentioned.. it "hugs" you. I'm 5' 6" with a slim athletic frame and I like the seats. The downside was the back seats.. the sales rep pointed out that with the extra bolsters on the side of the 18 way seat, the back seats doesn't fold down as much as the 14 way seats but.. I couldn't see myself "downgrading" if that's.. even the proper term to the 14 way when the 18 way technically cost more on the non turbo models hehe... and it was only a slight difference in the back seat going down further vs the 14 way seats. But yea.. I'm going to have to make sure I don't wear out the bolsters as much when I get in and out haha.. I forgot if there was any "oh ****" handles inside the car to pull myself up, in and over the bolsters as I get in the car.

However seeing the Turbo S is on the website gave me a little buyers remorse.. ;(.. but ultimately the main differences I saw was.. it's basically just the power kit, and the addition of that dual tone red interior that I think I like very much.. but side from the interior the rest was something I already planned to do even before the turbo s was announced.. which was to have my body shop paint all those pieces such as the lower half of the mirror.. and the front grills and extended wheel arches all in glossy black to match all the other glossy black pieces on the outside of the car. Seems like I'm the only one that doesn't like the wheel arches painted the same white factory color .. it just looks so "detached".. maybe I'll have to photo shop it without the seam and see what happens as.. we do have seam sealers at the shop. But the black wheel arches on white looks good in my opinion.. I think it's the amount of black and white contrast on the outside of the car.. I do plan to add a body kit on it down the line when I can finally find one that I like very much.. it'll probably be a combination of pieces from various companies.

Rob, if you can't wait for yours, I'll fly you over on my buddy pass on Virgin America from JFK straight into SFO and you can drive mines around haha..

Larry

Last edited by littodevil; 10-13-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Where do I begin?
Larry I think Vitamin has the right idea- 18 ways and a bonus exercise for core and calf muscles...... sounds good to me.

You are totally prepared for the arrival with a load of installs to do- wow. I will get used to having mine for a while before figuring what to do next...

Yes I sold the SL which is killing since I really love that car. They left a deposit and it is still in the garage and I go there and look at it with remorse. It is a masterpiece but it has to go to make room for the monster. BUT......... the dealer just called me yesterday and said the build date got pushed back so now it will be some time in January but I figured at least 3 months anyway based on the waiting times of everyone else on here.
I am too new to Porsche to be saying much but it seems to me that the Turbo S is just marketing hype other than the nice new interior. Like Pepper09tt who is getting 600 HP with mods all that extra cash to go to 550 HP doesn't add up to me unless you have the $ to ***** away .

I think all that cash could get you some unique looking body kits and mods. Generous offer on the buddy pass, we'll have to talk about that .
That would be a blast......... Chat later, Rob.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:10 AM
ukayenne is infamous around these parts
I get mine in a couple of weeks - almost identical to yours in Spec. It was a cancelled order in my local dealership so I had to take what was available. (I’m too impatient to place an order properly)

Thanks for your comments on the Bose. I was happy with everything else on the car but the audio was the one thing I was less happy about. Have an 08 S at the minute with Bose and I’ve been unhappy with the audio quality from new. My wife’s mini has better sound.

The new turbo has Bose so it does seem like they’ve improved it since the last model. I couldn’t bring myself to ask to listen to it in the showroom because i knew I’d be buying the car anyway and didn’t want to be disappointed.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:43 AM
That's great! I understand the impatient part and you were lucky to find something on hand.
I hope that you hear an improvement with the BOSE as well. I never heard good things about them but this one surprised me. The high end through the tweeters sounded really nice also.
What differences in your order compared to mine?
Rob.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Yes, I was really lucky. My closest dealer was saying Jan build for Feb delivery. I just happened to call in at the Leicester showroom (as one does) as I was passing by and they had this one just become available. It’s sitting in the showroom now.

As far as I can see they’re virtually identical. I’ve got the power-retractable tow bar which will probably never get used ever, laminated windows (seem quite nice) and power side window blinds (again never will get used) but no Lane change assist, normal 18-way front seats (no ventilation) and it does have the cargo management things which I probably would have ordered. The PDCC is excellent. - had that on my last-but one cayenne and really missed it on my current one. When you throw it into a corner you get this incredible - ‘wow - don’t know what happened there, but i really liked it’ sort of feeling.

I would have ordered keyless entry but no big deal. Oh, it has home link, but I don’t have a garage so not much value in that either. Next investment - electric gates for home.

My current Cayenne audio sounds like someone’s stuck a screwdriver through the diaphragm of every speaker and distorts something awful if you wind it up. The base is good though.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Just checked the paperwork. Have not got PTV Plus but have got powerliftgate ! and ... porsche crests on headrests - which I’d probably pay extra not to have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Super Excited- Ordering new CTT finally