Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tinted windshield?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:28 PM
jmorod is infamous around these parts
Tinted windshield?

I have my tint guy coming over next week to do my front sides and am thinking on going all the way around. Does anyone here have their front windshield tinted? If so do you like it? Please post pics.

I'm in so cal and am getting prescription from doc to make it legal.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:23 AM
EasternLI is infamous around these parts
I would think tinting your windshield would make it harder to see at night which doesn't seem worth it just for the look

Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 AM
digitaljok is infamous around these parts
I have my windshield tinted with 3M Crystalline 70%, and am happy with the film itself. I also live in So Cal, and have a black interior so personally it was a must do.

Word of warning if you have a leather dash though, make sure your installer is very careful with the solution, or you may end up with permanent water damage to the dash: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...er-damage.html

Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM
I have blk interior and that is the exact tint I was going to use. Do you have any pics? Do you have any visibility issues at night? With so many street/traffic/car lights I suppose its not an issue?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:08 AM
hagel is infamous around these parts
I have 50% on my front windshield, and have been very happy with it. This was the first car I've tinted the front on, and was a little concerned about night driving (distractions, glare, poor visibility) although I haven't experienced any issues. The majority of people would never know if they were in the car unless I told them the front was tinted. I like the look, plus the benefits of a protected dash and a cooler car.

Here are a few pics from the outside looking in (it looks darker then it is, just because all the other windows are tinted and the interior is black), I'll try and snap a few from the inside looking out and get them posted ASAP.

It gets a thumbs up / recommendation from me.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 AM
looks great. thanks for sharing.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:06 AM
ikegram is infamous around these parts
What brand/type tint are you using?

Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
hagel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ikegram
What brand/type tint are you using?
It's LLumar Automotive Film (High Performance Series). To provide full UV protection, and to get the closest match on all the windows (since the rear windows have a slight tint from the factory) I went with 50% on the Windshield, 35% on the Front Windows (to keep it legal), and 50% on the rear. They put a light meter on the front and rear, and while it's not 100% the same, it was very very close.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 AM
j080808 is infamous around these parts
I wear polarized sunglasses and notice some purplish/rainbowing effect when looking out my side tinted windows. I also had the same effect when trying some Clearplex on the windshield.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:47 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
I'd get those ceramic film (my local guy use Wincos) and the most clear tint they have available. These films blocks almost all of the heat, even the 90% clear films (almost no tint).

But that's a different story if your goal is privacy...

Old 10-18-2012, 09:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
Here is an example of Spectra Photosync on a Cayenne Turbo we did with the windshield at 75%

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mal-glass.html

Sharing our Passion on Youtube: https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Premier

Facebook: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/Premier

42630 Christy St, Fremont, CA. 510-623-1308 sales@premiermobilegroup.com
Old 10-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Personally I would use Huper Optic.

They are one of the BEST, if not the best there is.

Winco is a good product also from Madico.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:15 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
I ran 3M Crystaline(sp?) 70% on my front window and loved it. I just had to replace my front windshield because of a crack from a rock on the freeway, and I could immediately feel the difference of the heat coming through the windshield. Next week I'm gonna go get it reapplied to my new windshield.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !Premier Films Is a GOD !
SIMPLE! With Prestige Film Technologies' Spectra PhotoSync Nano Window Film. We decided to document this test to show how well this product performs compared to a leading 30% ceramic tint. Test specs:

Spectra PhotoSync 65% (yes, we are using a lighter film to compare with a darker 30% ceramic tint)
*product to the left

VS.

30% Ceramic (one of the more popular ceramic tint products on the market....sorry, we are not going to name the manufacturer of this product, but can say it is likely the most well-known on the market)
*product to the right

Conditions:

Outdoor Temperature: 75 degrees

Test Time: 2pm

Measurement Equipment: BTU Meter aimed directly at the window films to obtain simultaneous readings for accuracy

Test Subject: Raging Gray Bull named the Aventador

If anyone outside of our area are interested in Spectra PhotoSync, please contact Prestige directly to locate a dealer. This is a very exclusive product with typically 2-3 authorized dealers per state.

Contact taken directly from their website - prestige-films.com
Automotive Division
North America Sales – vtran@prestige-films.com
Sales Office: (925) 989-9473
Sales Office: (408) 657-3880
Fax: (866) 723-4278:

Last edited by Premier Films; 03-28-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Here is a Mansory Cayenne we completed with Spectra PhotoSync 75% on the windshield and 45% on the front two glasses.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tinted windshield?