Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

REVEALED: Porsche unveils the Cayenne Turbo S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Oh you may want to read the fine print of the Purchase Agreement you executed.
There may be language in there regarding deposits that may benefit you because you r ordering another vehicle as opposed to abandoning the order.
Anyway worth a shot

Old 10-16-2012, 12:18 PM
littodevil is infamous around these parts
Rak, thanks for the advice. They are a premier dealership and have been a pleasant to deal with. Their deposit has always been higher than all at 10%. I respect their business but I will definitely look into the purchase agreement if.. There was one given to me lol...

Larry

Old 10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
*LIGHTBULB...* I GOT THE SOLUTION!!!...

So I took ALL of your advice... literally.. so here's the break down..

I rationalized spending close to an extra 40,000 dollars when it's all said and done plus approx 6-7 months based on the interior color of the car because.. All the other turbo S things can be added on.. Power kit, side sills, emblem, new speedometer unit thing with Turbo S on it, PCM updated to show Turbo S or new PCM.. Sure expensive but after getting those things.. at the end of the day the interior itself will cost me 15-20k JUST for the interior...

So I'm sitting here in LAX pondering about.. how much do I really LOVE this interior. I took my same technique I use when it comes to the ladies I meet in my life as well as toys I want.. and let it sink in for a moment (just like the CTT) before I make a final decision.. so I don't regret it afterwards due to ONLY lust and infatuation..

Red interior... I love how it looked on the first photo and then I've seen it under the sun however... I thought to myself.. this isn't a convertible.. I'm not going to really see the entire interior lit up under the sun and sure.. the front seat looks looks awesome with the dash and steering wheel but.. the rear seats and doors being red looks like your opening the rear door to a bright red bench! I know the back of the front seats are black but it's still red door panels and red head rest and red seats.. red rear bench! I thought of one episode of Hotel Hell and it featured this ferrari themed boutique hotel in san diego and it was all red! But the ultimate decision maker regarding interior color? My turbocharged smart car has a red interior! Red dash, red seats, red door panels! haha...

So I'm sticking with the slick classy black porsche leather. Red interior? I'll take Rob's advice and get it on a car where I can put the top down and expose the sexy color. My turbo that's arriving has all the options I want.. minus the Turbo S stuff but.. as you guys said including Pepper... Make it MINES! Turbo L? Turbo +? Where am I going to find the proper emblem?.. No.. I'm going to create my... own... wait for it.. wait for it..

Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT! HAHAHAHAHA!!! That will definitely throw people off.. and be different and.. well it's true.. GT right? Grand Touring? xD.. ha ha ha ha hahaha

Larry

Old 10-16-2012, 05:58 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
No logo is the new logo
Just my 2c

Old 10-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Talking

Originally Posted by pepper09tt
No logo is the new logo
Just my 2c
Yea.. but I actually like the emblem on the porsche cayenne.. some feel like it's too busy but I actually like it for some reason.. don't know why.. LoL....

Larry

Old 10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES .
Smart decision. Not giving in to the marketing hype of Porsche.
Exciting.......... TURBO LW.......

Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES .
Smart decision. Not giving in to the marketing hype of Porsche.
Exciting.......... TURBO LW.......
Rob, but isn't that how we all got into the marketing hype of porsche and got a turbo? haha.. well I guess it's marketing but not the hype? lol.. Thinking about having the techart power kit installed for about 37000 and get it up to 660 hp, 0-60 in 4.2 sec hehe.. that'll be worthy of a turbo gt .. xD

Larry

Old 10-17-2012, 05:02 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by littodevil
Yea.. but I actually like the emblem on the porsche cayenne.. some feel like it's too busy but I actually like it for some reason.. don't know why.. LoL....

Larry
The clouds are my logo

Old 10-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Wait- is that true? If you bring it up to 660 hp it will be 4.2 sec when stock is 4.4 sec at 500 hp? That doesn't seem like a big gain?

Pepper- yours looks great. Are those the black exhaust tips from Suncoast?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Wait- is that true? If you bring it up to 660 hp it will be 4.2 sec when stock is 4.4 sec at 500 hp? That doesn't seem like a big gain?

I believe stock is actually 4.7 in actuality. Only one part of the Porsche website does it state 4.4 sec.. Tech art said its half a sec faster.

Larry

Old 10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !

I did many 0-60 runs with my VBOX at stock it was 4.5sec, then with mods to put it at 620hp I was still at 4.5sec . Kept doing more and more runs and tried brake boosting and just flooring it, no difference. There is a huge difference from 30 to 150mph but from 0-30 the mods dont make a difference. I attribute this to the long shift delay from 1st to 2nd under heavy load, and the minor lost of boost between shifts. Also it just does not get off the line as fast as the PDK cars, and especially those with LC. Remember all these crazy 0-60 times are only achieved with LC. My GT2 is faster then any 911 TTS from a roll, but off the line with its LC, it will get a 60 a whole second faster.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 PM
Santerra is infamous around these parts
wow that is nice

Old 10-17-2012, 04:13 PM
zzzspeed- That is interesting stuff. Most of it is new to me so I am all ears about this 0-60 stuff.............

Old 10-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Thanks
The tips and the side skirts are from the GTS,ordered and installed at Porsche of Naples
The thing about that techart power kit is that your engine must be sent to their shop in Cali somewhere for some major work..therefore they take over and provide the warranty
Probably close to 50K$ and way too involved for me
Especially since I am pretty close to that number with my mods
As far as 0-60,now I am intrigued..cause under hard acceleration,I never noticed a delay in shifting from 1st to 2nd..so with my added goodies,I wonder if I could do better
I will look into tracks where I can get some precise numbers

Old 10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Pepper, lucky for me the tech art usa is in Cali but its just south of me about a 5 hr drive so not too bad. I can drive it down n fly back. Then fly back down and drive it back up I don't think they modify the internals, it's their ecu, manifold, turbos n etc..

Larry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: REVEALED: Porsche unveils the Cayenne Turbo S