Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Auto Stop Function- wear and tear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 02:14 PM
ukayenne is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vitaman
Pepper:
Maybe the old hand of the German Pope rose from the dead and blessed your Turbo engine. Besides struggling to hit 15 mpg, I have gone through 2 Quarts of Mobil's finest in 8,000 miles.
I think you’re on to something. That privacy glass is actually Porsche Option - YWH: Confessional

Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2012, 07:09 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Well I have the Privacy glass, but clearly have not used it as it was intended!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:35 PM
ukayenne is infamous around these parts
I know I should really get a life rather than ponder this stuff … but does anyone have a list of the things that make the Cayenne decide not to cut the engine some times?

I can spot:

Not warmed up
Sport button is on
You’re on a hill
The parking sensors are activated ?

But still sometimes the auto-stop decides to not auto stop when I’m expecting it to. It’s not a problem but I’d love to know if anyone has a full list.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
I love the days when you had a manual choke.... don't know why, but it had " Dass gewisse Etwas". We need to stop asking for, and get all these stupid gizmo's that drive the price and the maintenance costs up because they are all hidden - very deep - inside the computer ********* of the cars(s). Seriously, I will look at the New Subaru, chip the sucker to 350 HP and we have a game for 30K dollars. Somebody needs to start saying " un oeuf is un oeuf" . Got that?? :-)

Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ukayenne
I know I should really get a life rather than ponder this stuff … but does anyone have a list of the things that make the Cayenne decide not to cut the engine some times?

I can spot:

Not warmed up
Sport button is on
You’re on a hill
The parking sensors are activated ?

But still sometimes the auto-stop decides to not auto stop when I’m expecting it to. It’s not a problem but I’d love to know if anyone has a full list.
It is an amazing car and certainly worth a ponder or two..or three...
The auto start/stop will disengage to conserve the battery,such as if you have the AC or the music on..at least that's the way I look at it
For sure the sports button does so as well,not sure about other factors...

Old 10-22-2012, 04:05 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by hroussard
I love the days when you had a manual choke.... don't know why, but it had " Dass gewisse Etwas". We need to stop asking for, and get all these stupid gizmo's that drive the price and the maintenance costs up because they are all hidden - very deep - inside the computer ********* of the cars(s). Seriously, I will look at the New Subaru, chip the sucker to 350 HP and we have a game for 30K dollars. Somebody needs to start saying " un oeuf is un oeuf" . Got that?? :-)
Love your attitude
Modded rice burners can indeed be loads of fun
Been considering doing the same to an Infiniti,for some simple ****s-n-giggles

Old 10-22-2012, 04:44 PM
hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !hroussard Is a GOD !
It's the Law of Diminishing returns at work. Having to spend 80K plus just to have some fun in a competitive car is not realistic for most of us ( even if we could afford it, we probably would not see that as our priority) and as you can not - legally - do anything on the public roads that looks like high speed excitement, perhaps the new alternative is to just buy time and membership in one of the Barber type school arrangements, you can drive a different car, measure your skills against others and have a whale (pun intended) of fun. So for 1500-2000 bucks per weekend - insurance included - you are miles ahead instead of trashing your car and spending 2000 dollars on tires every two week-ends. Unless, of course you buy a Formula Ford or something similar. If I only had the time :-)

Old 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM
The track week-end is a brilliant idea
I also wish there were more opportunities to do so
Safe way to have a fun time with your car or even a different one for added experience..and the only place where high speed driving belongs..with one memorable exception..
..On this particular track day, I found that I actually slowed down and was much more judicious in my use of the accelerator
That was at the Nurburgring/Nordschleife with a 997tts,drivng up,down with quite a few banked turns
Most amazing driving experience EVER,yet I was mainly between 60-100 mph
I immediately felt that,regardless of how fast my car was, to be humble was the proper way to go
After a day of such driving,It is safe to say my driving senses were warmed up and more than ready for a glorious sunset drive on an almost empty autobahn.. and a good hour at 120-180
Ps:here I was on the first line at the Nurburgring GP track

Last edited by pepper09tt; 10-22-2012 at 08:33 PM.