Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Fabspeed Cayenne S Secondary Catbypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 11:35 AM
boedhiman is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed Cayenne S Secondary Catbypass

Hey guys, just got my Cayenne S 5 weeks ago. Great car overall, just wanted to know what you guys think about installing this on my Cayenne S.

https://www.fabspeed.com/958_cayenne.html (Scroll down to this part **NEW**
2011+ Cayenne S/GTS Secondary Catbypass $650)

Click image for larger version

Name:	YI2Ct.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	626.5 KB
ID:	544435

I have the Porsche factory sport exhaust installed on my Cayenne S, what do you guys think about buying this for a Cayenne S with sport exhaust?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by boedhiman; 10-21-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:10 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
i have the by pass pipes on my cs with an aftermarket exhaust, car sounds f'n awesome! ive had many people come up to me in parking lots and gas stations amazed that an suv can sound so mean. it does cause alot of attention though, when my wife drives it she says people are always staring at her. PSE does sound alot nicer than stock but still too mellow and quiet, these should waken the car up a little more, i say go for it. theyre not hard to install, took me less than an hr, the hardest or time consuming part was one nut on the passenger side pipe, the other 5 are cake. i didnt want to drop the tranny support like the instructions say to do to give more clearance just for one nut, a small ratchet, and swivel extension did the trick. I also have a set of brand new fabspeed polished tips if ur interested in swapping out ur oem ones, i bought em but decided to go a different set up, will let go cheap if ur interested.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by MikeL
i have the by pass pipes on my cs with an aftermarket exhaust, car sounds f'n awesome! ive had many people come up to me in parking lots and gas stations amazed that an suv can sound so mean. it does cause alot of attention though, when my wife drives it she says people are always staring at her. PSE does sound alot nicer than stock but still too mellow and quiet, these should waken the car up a little more, i say go for it. theyre not hard to install, took me less than an hr, the hardest or time consuming part was one nut on the passenger side pipe, the other 5 are cake. i didnt want to drop the tranny support like the instructions say to do to give more clearance just for one nut, a small ratchet, and swivel extension did the trick. I also have a set of brand new fabspeed polished tips if ur interested in swapping out ur oem ones, i bought em but decided to go a different set up, will let go cheap if ur interested.
Thanks for the info. Looks easy to install and I think I will go for it. Still a little bit curious tho, anyone here owns a cayenne with PSE and installed this catbypass?

Old 10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
robfl is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by boedhiman
Thanks for the info. Looks easy to install and I think I will go for it. Still a little bit curious tho, anyone here owns a cayenne with PSE and installed this catbypass?
I am thinking about it for my 13' GTS also that comes with the PSE

Old 10-30-2012, 06:17 AM
gmac is infamous around these parts
I have on my CTT they sound great under full acceleration and start up.
Also added the new FVD Brombacher DME module and BMC filters the CTT is great fun now.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Part shipped yesterday (Good thing sandy did not interrupt the shipment) and got it installed today. Gotta say it sounds amazing right now. Its considerably louder and is a monster when you step on the gas.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:08 AM
stephen k is infamous around these parts
Does this mod require cutting? anyone have a diagram to show which part of the exhaust system it replaces?

Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 PM
dbtk is infamous around these parts
I have Fabspeed's catbypass and exhaust on my CTT. Sounds great upon start-up and quickly mellows out to nice rumble without being obnoxious nor offensive (unlike by muffler bypass on my 993TT). No cutting was required on my catbypass but the exhaust did require some chopping.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Flash828 is infamous around these parts
boedhiman can you please post a video of your exhaust? i have a 2011 porsche cayenne S with a pse!! and its quiet. Wanted to see if your exhaust is loud or not? thanks! and when u put it on regular mode is it quiet till you put sport mode on? thanks!!

Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 PM
AZN_C300 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Flash828
boedhiman can you please post a video of your exhaust? i have a 2011 porsche cayenne S with a pse!! and its quiet. Wanted to see if your exhaust is loud or not? thanks! and when u put it on regular mode is it quiet till you put sport mode on? thanks!!
Here's a vid of the Fabspeed pipes on my same S as yours. Hope this helps.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:14 AM
Flash828 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AZN_C300
Here's a vid of the Fabspeed pipes on my same S as yours. Hope this helps.

2011 Porsche Cayenne S with Fabspeed Secondary Catbypass Pipes at ModBargains - YouTube

Thanks Azn_ c300 but on this video i don't hear the difference maybe just a tad. Does anyone have one with the PSE with catybypass on a 2011 cayenne S? thanks

Old 11-23-2013, 09:09 AM
AZN_C300 is infamous around these parts
That's the way it is. Just a tad difference. If you want more sound, you'll need to finish it with an exhaust.