Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

GTS in metero grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 01:47 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
GTS in metero grey

Always thought I would get it in white again after my 2008 GTS. But I was blown away by this yesterday at the dealer. Anyone with same combo? And do you think roof rails ruins the line of the cae? Thisnks.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Looks fantastic.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:26 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by Fkim011
Looks fantastic.
i think that is how i will order mine. i was hoping to be more conservative, but what the heck.

congrats on the turbo. i think we both bought our gts from downtown and both had e63 before.

downtown LA has a 2012 white turbo that i really like, also a silver one, i am sure you looked at them.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
SeaCay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan
Anyone with same combo? And do you think roof rails ruins the line of the cae?

Here's another in meteor grey and with the roof rails in black trim to match the rest of the GTS. In black they blend in pretty well and I would rather have them than not for the additional utility. Can't be added on very easily aftermarket from what I understand.

Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2012, 04:07 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SeaCay
Here's another in meteor grey and with the roof rails in black trim to match the rest of the GTS. In black they blend in pretty well and I would rather have them than not for the additional utility. Can't be added on very easily aftermarket from what I understand.
+1, I like the roof rails.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
HAHA! You know what is funny, I was going to purchase that white turbo but ended up with my 13' black turbo from them.

I just PM'd you.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:19 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Black trim on meteor grey is my second fav after JBM
The roof rails in black go well with the black trim and if you ever think you'll need them...then definitely get 'em

Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve got a meteor grey CD coming in January. I passed on the black trim around the windows when the MG Panamera next to it had the silver trim and looked better. If you need the roof rails, the black matching all the other black trim is the way to go. I had roof rails on my previous GL and they came in handy to wash the roof and hold on to while standing on the running boards.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That looks great in the meteor grey, I would go with the roof rails as they're very much a pain to add afterwards.

Last edited by ECS Tuning - Porsche; 10-22-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:47 AM
SeaCay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by trovan

For the OP, I don't recognize the wheels on this GTS and wonder if they are aftermarket. Did you happen to notice what kind they are? Looking for some winter 19" wheels to go with my 19" winter tires is why I ask. My GTS came with 21" Porsche Turbo II wheels.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SeaCay
For the OP, I don't recognize the wheels on this GTS and wonder if they are aftermarket. Did you happen to notice what kind they are? Looking for some winter 19" wheels to go with my 19" winter tires is why I ask. My GTS came with 21" Porsche Turbo II wheels.
Tough to tell for sure from this picture but those don't appear to be aftermarket and, in fact, appear to be the 21" Cayenne Sport Edition wheel painted black. I think they are $2,500 - $3,000 for the set when ordered with the truck.

To the OP - I think the black roof rails do not ruin the lines of the car. To the contrary, I think they look very nice and as other have said you're pretty much SOL if you want them later. Better off biting the bullet on another high price Porsche option at purchase.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:13 AM
socalboxster is infamous around these parts
Yeh get the roof rails, if you snowboard or wash your own car you will need them, the meteor grey is understated and aggressive at the same time, my cayenne is black but my boxster s is metro grey, love the color, also if you are thinking about side steps, maybe not in terms of getting in and out of the car, but a great door ding protector!

Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM
socalboxster is infamous around these parts
Seacay, if u thinking about selling the turbo 2 wheels pm me. Thanks

Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
Love the look

Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM
911JOE is infamous around these parts
Love the GTS in Meteor! Was thinking of having my window trim done in black but personally unless you really need to use the rails, I'm not a fan. Just a personal thing as think the Cayenne looks more agressive without.

When I was buying took ages to decide and ended up taking a picture of one with them fitted and just kept scrolling to the top of page in a "now you see them, now you don't" kinda way. Basic but helped me!

PS Try it on the pic in post No4!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTS in metero grey