Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

XM/Sirus expiration coming up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:52 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
XM/Sirus expiration coming up

Wondering if I should play the "I'm going to cancel" game. Then see what they offer...

Anyone have any tips or deals?

If not, I'll try to play this game to see what happens and let you guys know. I'm expiring in November so before they start billing my credit card, need to take care of it.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
what do they charge for a year?

i have 11 months left and i don't use it.

Old 10-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by djantlive
what do they charge for a year?

i have 11 months left and i don't use it.

A lot. Like $14 to $18 a month depending on the package.

http://www.siriusxm.com/ourmostpopularpackages-sirius

I've gotten it at $70 or $80 a year before for another car, but there is a certain game you had to play with cancelling and speaking with a manager over there.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
The member HEIST had some really interesting things to say about beating the system back in this posting:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...long-free.html

Old 10-27-2012, 04:42 PM
dimok is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frank69m
Wondering if I should play the "I'm going to cancel" game. Then see what they offer...

Anyone have any tips or deals?

If not, I'll try to play this game to see what happens and let you guys know. I'm expiring in November so before they start billing my credit card, need to take care of it.
First step is to take your credit card off, so they can't charge you automatically. Second, call them after your trial expires and negotiate. The price for a year should be less than $100.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 AM
greg_g is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dimok
First step is to take your credit card off, so they can't charge you automatically.
I don't understand this part. Why would they have a credit card number for a trial account? When I had the 90 day trial on my Touareg, I just called prior to expiration and told them to kill the radio, but renew the traffic. Forty six bucks a year.

Dealer by the way, told me I had a 2 year subscription. XM said they were fulla crap, I had a 90 day subscription. Dealer wouldn't go to bat, XM stonewalled. So I'm gonna do the same as I did with the Touareg: drop the radio, keep the traffic.

//greg//

Last edited by greg_g; 11-13-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:01 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
The folk at Sirius have no clue. I continue to get calls to renew my account after they have cashed my check for renewal on the 13CTT
I still get bills to renew for a radio in a 2000 jag XKR sold in 2002 and calls for that account as well, despite my advice on phone and mail that I no longer own the car. I just called to see status on my 6 month trial on the MB BS and was given an account and radio number different from the bill I got in the mail, that matches the info on the car display.
I would never give these morons a credit card #

Old 10-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by greg_g
I don't understand this part. Why would they have a credit card number for a trial account?
//greg//
I should have been more clear. They don't have your card for a trial account, but when you give them the card to renew, make sure to tell them that this is a one time payment and you do not want a automatic renewal.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Ok. Just renewed for around $55/6 months with Traffic/Stocks.

These guys are a total rip...I orignally talked the guy down last week to this amount. Then, I said I would think about it. I called back today, and the guy was trying to sell it to me for $75 bucks for the same thing. I said no and after a 5 minute pause where he put me on hold, he came back and told me he could do the $55.

Bunch of thugs if you ask me the way they work.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by frank69m
Ok. Just renewed for around $55/6 months with Traffic/Stocks.

These guys are a total rip...I orignally talked the guy down last week to this amount. Then, I said I would think about it. I called back today, and the guy was trying to sell it to me for $75 bucks for the same thing. I said no and after a 5 minute pause where he put me on hold, he came back and told me he could do the $55.

Bunch of thugs if you ask me the way they work.
Agree. Price sounds reasonable.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 AM
Scanier is infamous around these partsScanier is infamous around these parts
I just signed for $75/yr and had them throw in Internet Access. One-time CC payment over phone. I told them I was def ready to cancel given other web options and bluetooth in my CS.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
I received two mailings from Sirius yesterday, both for a 2006 Chrysler SRT that i kept for 4 months and got rid of it as it was a boat. I never got past the first free trial period so I never paid them for that account.
The first mailer said they were turning the radio back on for a free 60 day trial. The second offered me a year starting immdediatly for a special price.
Zero clue insofar as accounting dept is concerned.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:55 AM
P Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of lightP Diddy is a glorious beacon of light
this is a service that costs them next to nothing for each marginal customer. with Sirius, I declined the renewal and they called me back three times over the course of about a month, each time with a sweeter offer. all you have to do is hold out and play the game a bit.