Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Finally some pictures of my 13' Turbo with Vorsteiners and other OEM upgrades...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Finally some pictures of my 13' Turbo with Vorsteiners and other OEM upgrades...

I finally took some quick pictures of some of the upgrades I've done to my Turbo.

I bought the Pepper off the lot and there were a couple things that were missing that I wanted. I have a commute that is a minimum of 120 miles daily; driving through areas heavily populated with huge semi's. The problem with driving on a freeway that semi's love to populate is they throw a ton of debris on the road especially blown out tires. I decided I wanted to do the front skid plate on the Pepper.

I also did not like the no option upgrade aluminum trim that came with my Turbo. I much preferred the OEM Carbon fiber throughout. If anyone is interested in brand new OEM aluminum trim please PM me.

So with that in mind, I called one of our board sponsors (Ryan from Suncoast Porsche) and ordered the skidplate and the entire OEM carbon fiber trim. Ryan is an absolute pleasure to deal with, responds in a quick manner and the pricing just can't be matched.

I installed the new carbon fiber trim in less then an hour and a half. It is relatively simple to install. The skidplate was installed by Walter's Porsche.

Before I even bought my Pepper, I ordered a set of 22'' Vorsteiner VS-110 with a matte shadow textured finish. I was looking at rim offerings from HRE and ADV1 but I decided to go with the Vorsteiners because of the unique finish they offered, I always purchased HRE or ADV1 and was looking for a change and most importantly, the VS-110 is a monoblock forged concave rim. I wanted a strong wheel since this is my daily commute SUV with an easy to care finish. The finish is absolutely gorgeous. In the day time you can see small metallic flakes that gives the textured finish. The offset on my rims were also done a tad more aggressive then normal, giving it an aggressive stance without having to do any aftermarket suspension work.

I've attached some pictures. I know they aren't very good but I will update this thread with better pictures from the day time once I get the Turbo all cleaned up.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57789633@N02/8228283785/http://www.flickr.com/photos/57789633@N02/8228284003/http://www.flickr.com/photos/57789633@N02/8229351318/http://www.flickr.com/photos/57789633@N02/8229351520/http://www.flickr.com/photos/57789633@N02/8228284651/

Last edited by Fkim011; 11-28-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great!! what camera/lens are you using?

Old 11-29-2012, 04:39 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Wow. Great looking car and pics. I don't know squat about cameras, how did you get that cool effect?
Rob.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:52 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Like the 3rd pic..great angle
Love how you feel about the solidity of a monobloc forged 22 for daily driving
Could not agree more
Lighter(than my 20" oem spyders)and stronger,whilst more precise and stable-particularly during spirited driving

Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 AM
littodevil is infamous around these parts
Talking

Awesome! I'm leaning toward the VS-110 but been exchanging emails back and forth with Vorsteiner due to the offset...

When I mentioned the extended wheel arches that I have they replied "We would do 10.5x22 ET40 in case you have those, with a 295-30-22 tire."

Do you have the factory extended wheel arches on your car or are they just standard flat arches?

If you don't mind me asking.. trying to verify Vorsteiner's recommendation offset of ET40; What offset did you end up getting for the "aggressive" stance?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
Wow. Great looking car and pics. I don't know squat about cameras, how did you get that cool effect?
Rob.
Rob are you talking about the 3rd pic? That's HDR, High dynamic range image.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging ..

Larry

Old 11-29-2012, 06:20 AM
vitaman is infamous around these parts
Porsche has some of the nicest OEM wheels out there, so I usually assume that people who buy after market just want something "different".
Yours are the exception. Nice design and attractive and low maintenance finish.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Thanks for the compliment guys.

Camera is a 7D with the 17-55 lens.

The third pic was used with a tripod, shutter speed of 30 seconds and a custom white balance temperature to get that color effect. I actually don't know how to utilize HDR yet. I still need to learn.

Larry, I have the extended wheel arches that came with my Turbo II rims. And they're recommendation is correct. I know if you wanted a custom offset, then can do that too.
Did you decide on what finish you wanted? I've gotten so many compliments on the finish and the look of the rim,I'm sure you will too. Best of luck...

Old 11-29-2012, 06:28 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Fkim011
Thanks for the compliment guys.

Camera is a 7D with the 17-55 lens.

The third pic was used with a tripod, shutter speed of 30 seconds and a custom white balance temperature to get that color effect. I actually don't know how to utilize HDR yet. I still need to learn.

Larry, I have the extended wheel arches that came with my Turbo II rims. And they're recommendation is correct. I know if you wanted a custom offset, then can do that too.
Did you decide on what finish you wanted? I've gotten so many compliments on the finish and the look of the rim,I'm sure you will too. Best of luck...
Love the finish indeed
Just not the one of the un-painted wheel arch
Sorry,but the Audi all-road arch has an unfinished aspect that I was happy to get rid of

Last edited by pepper09tt; 11-29-2012 at 06:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Great photography and i did not think i would like an aftermarket wheel, but yours are the exception to any i have seen. They look great (damn those unpainted arches though)
How are you dealing with the brake dust from your daily commute, or have you switched pads??

Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 AM
To be honest, I think I'm going to leave the arches alone. I don't trust a body shop taking the necessary procedures to sand it down, primer it and repaint like how Porsche would of done it from the factory regardless of the body shops reputation. I've modded a lot of cars before and many claim OEM fitment and quality but I have rarely come across a part that is so. So unless I get the part straight from Porsche, I'm going to leave them alone...well at least for the time being! HAHA.Also my Cayenne will see dirt (since I drive to job sites ), gravel and other less then ideal road conditions that gets me a little worried about having it painted and marred up.

When I ordered my rims, I had to accept the fact that they might become damaged, chipped or scratched because of the places I drive to. The thought of them getting damaged drives me crazy but as I get older I learned to look at the bigger picture. I drive a wonderful piece of machinery, I'm blessed with great health and a great family...

In regards to brake dust.... this is why I got this finish. Even with LOTS of brake dust the rim still looks clean. I think its a combination of the matte finish and the texture of the rim. I also think since I drive 90% highway, the brake dust isn't as bad as someone who drives in the city all the time.

I might change out the pads when I go through the OEM ones, but my previous GTS didn't get its first pad change till 40,XXX miles. So in terms of longevity, the OEM ones do the job....

I think when I start to get bored of the Pepper...I'm going to get the GIAC tune next...then a Tubi.... then.... on man I got to stop this madness!

Old 11-29-2012, 04:10 PM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
damn, what a nice stance'd beast!